1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dedicatedbox.net Warnings

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by phantomddl, Sep 9, 2007.

if you will buy a server from dedicatedbox.net you must know the things below

1- They can unplug you anytime without giving your backups
    2- They are kids running it
    3- They don't take you serious and kid all the time

okay, i lost my site that worths over $3000 but they don't ****** care about it
    and Liroy, don't post any ******* things here, your server was insecure as hell and it was in spam list of hotmail... spammers like your servers a lot!

phantomddl, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  2. Kagato

Kagato Banned

Best Answers:
    I used a server from him once.
    The server ran fine and I had no problems with it.

Kagato, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  3. phantomddl

phantomddl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    i have been using it for 5 months without a problem, i wanted some days to take my backups and i got unplugged. i am mad cuz i lost 4gb of data and 20k unique visits site backup and files hope you can understand my situation!

4. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There must have been some reason , non-payment , illegal data etc. Did they not inform you , or atleast explain later on ?

ishan, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  5. phantomddl

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    server was sending spams out as they said, i turned off mail servers and i wanted 2-3 days to buy new server and move but i got unplugged within 10 hours.. wasnt enough to take me 4gb of data... i am not said network was bad, i am saying they don't understand my situation. i opened a thread on dp yesterday that i want to move my server to another one. but as you know when you buy new server it takes 24-48 hours to setup so i couldnt move from ssh.. downloading to computer was slow as hell.. now i have nothing and lost everything

6. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Were you really sending out spam ?

ishan, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  7. phantomddl

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    i wasn't but someone else was using the server's ip as it seems. so i didnt want to spam or anything. i just wanted some days to move my sites, i had some customers on server. they also lost sites, and i don't know what to tell them now
    mine is just a warning, not saying don't buy or don't use i am just mad and wanted to share. didnt mean to be rude or anything but you know my site was earning $1000/mo and i have backups of 2 months ago.

8. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Happened to me once , & I tell you its really bad (I lost 53 client's data)

Are you looking for legal action against them ?

ishan, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  9. phantomddl

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    no because they will tell about spamming which i didnt do.
    can you just PM me a dedicated server? i want to get my site back with old backups at least

10. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should get a dedi with Galaxy Solutions . I had a problem of spam , from one of my client's account , which they just suspended & informed me , instead of terminating.

Good prices & very good server management.

ishan, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  11. Kagato

Kagato Banned

Best Answers:
    They dont take backups.

Thats your job lol

Kagato, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  12. phantomddl

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    i didn't say them to take backup, i wanted 1-2 days to get a backup, ok? you can't understand what it's like if it didn't happen to you

13. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it's completely your liability to secure your server, make backups, etc. and ensure your scripts aren't compromised and have security holes that spammers use to send out emails. IP forging isn't too easy as you're saying. And the server is unmanaged; they just give you server, network, power and load os...rest is upon you; so are the activities being done on the server.

I've been a customer for 4 months now and everyhting has been great as usual. And why take people as kids and inefficient because they like humour?

BTW, there might have been some miscommunication as they put your server down. You're looking at the loss of revenue, visitors and data...which is fine from your end. Calling a company kiddy or a bunch of louts is very easy...but I guess keeping regular backups is not too difficult though! ;)

agnivo007, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  14. phantomddl

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    i am not complaining about server. i wanted 1-2 days to move but it's got closed within 10 hours, how am i supposed to move so many sites in that little time? please think logically.
    and yes owner is a kid and he isn't professional at all. not saying he doesnt have knowledge. i will not buy any servers from such people anymore. big companies are the best. they care about customers.

15. Biju

Biju Peon

Best Answers:
    People, look, the owner of DedicatedBox.net has made a statement about all this on WHT,it looks like the topic starter is lying and not telling the entire truth.

Here is what has been posted:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=634146

The link to the thread for a notice is given.

Biju, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  16. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL.

Not ONLY did you disappear from the thread you posted in WHT, but you also stopped replying here.

I wonder why? Cat got your tongue? :)

It is clear that you are in the wrong and YOU'RE the one acting like a kid. :rolleyes:

You got what you deserved.

Skribblez, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  17. readme

readme Banned

Best Answers:
    I think he was running some proxies on the box. Proxies are used to send mass spams which are regularly get copped by spamcop. You should try enabling open_basedir protection with the latest php version. Although, i m sorry for you, but i personally think you should have taken care of the issue at first when they informed you about the issue.

Best Regards

readme, Sep 14, 2007 IP