1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to identify the current best niche

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Alevoor, Sep 8, 2007.

For early adsense revenue and higher average CPC, launching new niches helps a lot. While it is not a problem to continue in your older niches, looking for the current best niches has always eluded most of us. It always appears like we follow the niche marketing gurus after the bus has gone and the competition is huge in several millions.

Why is this so? Quite simply, we don't focus on identifying new niches onan ongoing basis. I call upon every adsense entrepreneur to share his/her knowledge and tools (wherever applicable) to help consolidate knowledge and revenue.

I have a few sites lined up for launch, but I don't know whether they are past their primes and search volume; and average CPC may be low for them.

I am contemplating one site on career and another on cell phone or ringtone.
    Nevertheless, it helps to know how all you guys zero in on the current raging niche.

Alevoor, Sep 8, 2007 IP
    redhits likes this.
  2. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well i think that knowing your "market" it's the best you can do ... when new products came, if x-mas, if easter, they are changing in a kind of cycle...
    but this is my only fought ...

redhits, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  3. kingfish

kingfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I know that shoemoney said ringtones are on a 3 year decline he pointed to the google trends for them to point this out so I think that ship has sailed. I agree though I'm also trying to figure out how to identify hot niches that are on the rise to get in early on.

kingfish, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  4. kenneth03

kenneth03 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree... You must know what products or even events are related to the niche that you're going or currently using.

Wishing you luck on this one! :)

kenneth03, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  5. Hades

Hades Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, and maybe making sites that are general about your product, so that if the product gets upgraded, or something of that sort, you can upgrade your site. i.e. Ipod, PlayStation, Xbox, etc..

Hades, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  6. Sphinks

Sphinks Active Member

Best Answers:
    the most profitable niche is the one you know more about it. do what you do best and the results will come....soon.

Sphinks, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  7. sitemaster

sitemaster Banned

Best Answers:
    Trends go and come. Just create a well designed site with quality content about topics that never go out of fashion. (Travel, Finance etc)

sitemaster, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  8. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sphinks,
    Can I put this is a different way? Hanging on to what you know more about can result in a very nicely built, info rich site but by this time all the adsense parameters can be against you. This is precisely what we need to worry about. Supposing that your expertise is in bad-credit a new site will be up against 90 million competitors before it is launched.

Sitemaster,
    If you are in the adsense market to support your family and only for that purpose, I believe that very less people will be able to afford to choose their most knowledgeable passion to pursue online. If trends change online, so do they off it too.

I think this is a wider subject than meets the eye.

Alevoor, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  9. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, there is no point in chasing the "hot" niche. All niches can earn good money as long as there is good content and traffic.

qwestcommunications, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  10. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    That's why it's not advisable to go chasing "niches" You spend all your time trying to see what's hot that you don't leave time for developing the site. Unless you do what most niche-chasers do and scrape content which does no one any good. Just causes Google and other SEs to have to fiddle with their algorithms to not give as much ranking to 4 millionth DUI Lawyer site that gets indexed.

If everyone pools this info, the hot new "niche" is going to cool off even faster.

My "niche" has not changed in years and years. It's consistent and doing just fine because I am personally interested in it and have been involved with the topic for longer than a lot of the people here have been alive :) Don't chase, instead, create something you're interested in, build it, and let the earnings come to you.

Adpubster, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  11. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    My hot niches are the things that I care about. I may not be in the mainstream though. But if I care about it, then someone else does, too. And hopefully A LOT OF SOMEONES!

I have a ringtone site, but since I have little passion for it, it gets little attention. (My bad.) I keep meaning to do something more with it, but my real passions (and more successful sites) are what I end up working on every day.

My one concrete suggestion is to read magazines, trade and general, as well as newspapers. There are always interesting tidbits to be found that can spark a site. And since most people have stopped reading, you will be ahead of the game... :D

Aldouspi, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  12. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    In understand that it is patience and perseverance that pays in the long run. Perhaps it is the urgency and lack of patience that make new comers seek short cuts such as this. Nevertheless, it still rings in me that a new niche need not bother much to master provided we have one.

I am working on building backlinks and traffic for my new sites the hard way, of course but it sure is some work.
    Thanks to all of you who took part in this discussion.

Alevoor, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  13. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with Sphinks. the best niche is the niche that you know best. coz you can provide the best contents, service, and products. you do not need to do research or getting more information. thats mean less work for you.

anyway it's good idea to switch to a similar niche once in a while to see the trend of the market though.

tradeya, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  14. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would focus on things or areas you know, that way your content is better then the others and your site stands out.

soniqhost.com, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  15. Nilgesz

Nilgesz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nilgesz, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  16. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, sonighost

Alevoor, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  17. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member