1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to move 1 file on my server.....?

Discussion in 'Apache' started by Aceday, Sep 8, 2007.

I need to move server and i have done a tar via ssh of one of my folders, it comes at like 30gb! Now i want to transfer it via 'wget' to my new server. But it wont let me access the files, i keep getting this error when trying to access it:

Is it doing that because the file is so big? I have chmodded it to 777 and still doesnt work... also using the same method i did a tar of another folder which is about 7mb and i can access it fine.

What do i do to get it accessible?

Aceday, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  2. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    I think its because of the 2gb filesize limit on apache 1.x

any other good ways to transfer files?

Aceday, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  3. Neptune

Neptune Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The easiest way to do it honestly is to change the defualt apache limits. Either that or get winscp, scp it to your home pc then scp it back up to the new server. The former is the easiest way.

Neptune, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  4. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Ya, I didnt really want to download and then upload 30gb, but I found a good solution which was to just place the file in an ftp pub and wget it via its ftp link. :D

Aceday, Sep 8, 2007 IP
    gworld likes this.