1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$100 Logo Contest, winner takes all. Payment by paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Sep 4, 2007.

1. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Guys, thanks for the new submissions. With the risk of being annoying allow me to repeat myself: the purpose of my feedback is solely as a sign of appreciation. I don't provide feedback expecting you to do changes. I feel it's only fair to tell you how I feel about your designs.

Jamess: thanks for the new entry. It is an improvement though only slightly. The icon looks better and I am breathing very heavily now because what I am about to say: I am not asking for changes, I am only providing feedback. You've been a top dude and you tried hard but subconsciously I am comparing most entries to xpressions. Your entry looks great and yet I feel like xpressions one has just a little more creativity icon wise. In many ways many entries are great and have great fonts and the colours can be changed, and yet expressions one has that extra touch when it comes to creativity.

Coolwanz, pretty much what I said to Jamess. Talent and perseverance is not something you're lacking. I think it's perhaps you not understanding what I am after. The icon you did is the best you've done for this contest and it's one of the better ones but still not there. Please don't misunderstand me. I am in no way saying you can't do what I am after. I am simply saying you don't quite understand what proteindude wants.

Ace: please don't feel too bad about this. It is impossible to please everybody all the time. Your design is very stylish but creativity wise, xpressions one is superior as far as the icon goes. Yours has style and there is no question about it. xpressions one also has some more creativity. I totally agree with you: if you think you're not going to win or you see the chances too small, best thing is not to waste your time. It's not called quitting, it's called moving on. Thanks for the entries and for giving this a go. I will make you a guarantee: I will not be the last customer you won't satisfy. :( However, I guarantee there will be plenty others who will definitely consider your designs very suitable. :)

proteindude, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  2. retzseo

retzseo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    removed the glare and shadow

retzseo, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  3. Ace2016

Ace2016 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wasn't being sad, i just liked it enough to put in my portfolio so i thought i'd leave it as it is.

This is the revised version, still trying to keep it simple and slick

[​IMG]

_

Ace2016, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  4. ASM Design

ASM Design Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    sorry for the delay! I thickened the font on the first design and came up with the second design to see how you liked that approach :)

[​IMG]

ASM Design, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  5. xpressions

xpressions Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you again for your detailed feedback. I know most of us, if not all, appreciate your candor.

Revisions per feedback:

[​IMG]

xpressions, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  6. zmaja

zmaja Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And another concept:

[​IMG]

zmaja, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  7. Ace2016

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Slight Mod, Feedback on this too please:

[​IMG]

Ace2016, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  8. fade

fade Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    another attempt:
    [​IMG]

fade, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  9. Ace2016

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm going to try and make another logo but first, is this logo going to be used on a dark/black background as well? or just a white one

Ace2016, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  10. woodywho

woodywho Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    another try...feed plz

[​IMG]

woodywho, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  11. AquaMaureen

AquaMaureen Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i'll throw in another one....

[​IMG]

AquaMaureen, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  12. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Good Morning designers. I am happy to see you haven't given up on me. I am sorry if I am going to dissapoint some of you but here's where I am. I had a good night sleep and I know much better what I am after. What will seal it for me is the icon. I don't mean to offend but I don't want just a ball, square or circle with an S (or 2 S) in it. I want a creative icon and that is why so far zmaja and xpressions are my top two picks. So main requirement is a creative icon.

Retzseo: thank you. It looks better and it's more what I am after. The only thing is while yours is a pleasant icon, I feel there are a couple of them more creative. Thanks for the try and for the alterations.

Ace: thanks for the new tries. Hmm....I understand you're not sad, but at the same time it's still not there for me. Like I said, they are very pleasant designs, just not suitable for me. One subconscious thing that's bugging me is the fact in Australia we have a very big tiling company that has a very similar logo. Everytime I see your logos I subconsciously find myself thinking of that tiling company. But even without the tiling company, my thing is I am after something more creative icon wise and this is where xpressions and zmaja definitely got the idea. Again, your logos are nice (I never said otherwise) but just not suitable. By all means place these logos in your portfolio. I am sure someone else will find them suitable. If I didn't like your logos I would have found shorter words to express this. I like them, just not suitable for me.

ASM: Thanks for the new try. In a strange way I keep thinking of your initial designs and I am doing the same for DaveyBoy designs. They have class and could work with them. The only thing is there is a tough competition taking place. I like the new squarish icon, it's very stylish and has a very elegant shade of yellow but the S on it needs to be a little more creative somehow.

Expressions: thanks for the new ones. I won't ask you for any changes just yet as I like your entry and am strongly considering your logo (you're in top 2 at the moment). It bugs me when I provide feedback and I see the designers doing changes and then I have to go through the entries and think: "Oh no. I got to tell this guy again no. He/she put effort in it and this is the third time I say no." If I wasn't a nice guy it wouldn't bother me but I am and unfortunately part of this game is dissapointing some folks sometime. Keep it as it is, and in the final stages I feel there is a challenger I will then mention the top 2-3 entries and give feedback on those top 2 or 3.

Zmaja: #217 Thanks YOU GOT IT. I am feeling so good. I think you got what I mean by a more creative icon rather than just a shape with an S on it. The swoosh around the sphere is what sets yours apart. Makes the icon more creative looking. At the moment I am not too worried about the font as that can be changed. Your entry is in top two (at the moment it's zmaja versus expressions). Let me be totally frank with you, I like your logo (icon) and I think you understand what I mean by "more creative icon". So here I go: I still think you can do better icon wise. You're a very creative dude/dudette so see if you can improve it because at the moment still expressions is numero uno but your entry is a very close second.

Fade: thank you for the new entry. Things are becoming clearer in my head. As more entries came in a realised I am after something more creative icon wise. While I loved your icon initially, it has now been overtaken by more creative ones (x and zmaja). I wouldn't worry about the font as I saw several fonts that I can use and am sure you could do something similar if you're the winner. If you still want to give this another try try something more creative with the icon. If not, thanks for the try and you really made my week. Sorry your other vectorial design wasn't chosen. It was truly awesome.

Woody: thanks for the try but the icon is not that creative. I am sure the effects can be changed to improve the icon, however, at this stage I am considering something more creative. I don't particularly like the font as I want something a little more corporate. While the font can be easily changed, I think the icon needs to be more creative for me to consider it.

Aqua: thanks for the new one. I get the feeling you are leaning too much towards a natural theme. Seems like you are a master at achieveing this natural theme. I will be running a contest later on for some New Zealand silver fern (leaf) type of logo and I will pm you to enter that contest because I can see this natural theme is your strength. But this new logo is not quite what I am after. I want to move a little away from the natural theme. The font I am sure can be replaced with the other one I like but the icon doesn't quite convey the image I was after. If you still want to give this another try, go for something more modern/corporate looking and a little more vibrant. Thanks for the try though and hope you don't mind me sending you a pm when I do the contest for that leaf.

If anyone else want to give this a try, the key is to come up with a stylish CREATIVE icon (not just an S on a circle, diamond or square).

13. zmaja

zmaja Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    A few icon proposals:

[​IMG]

zmaja, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Zmaja: you so totally rock. I really love the first 2 icons. I am not pushing you for more, but I just want to say you can also use a square if you so desire (for the icon). You are now tied for #1 spot along with expressions. Thanks for the great effort. Again, I will now only ask for the changes in the very final stages when I narrow it to the top 2 finalists. There is still time left for anyone to keep entering (modifying) but am very happy with the icons from zmaja and xpressions. Great work.

15. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ace: Sorry but only now I read this question. The logo is going to be used mainly on a white background. However, if you feel it will look better on a darker background, say for example white on burgundy background, you can create some kind of panel and everytime I place the logo on something, it will also have the backpanel. Hopefully you'll understand what I mean right now (about the backpanel/background). If you are going to try a different one, please consider a more creative icon. I don't want to put your other designs down, but I am after something a little more creative than an S (or 2 Ss) on some shape when it comes to the icon. Thanks for the positive attitude.

16. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's my last entry in the contest, well done everyone so far.

[​IMG]

DaveyBoy, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  17. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is mighty creative DaveyBoy. I was totally leaning towards xpressions and zmaja, but this is mighty creative. I don't mean to put anyone's designs down but what I love about this design is it's not just a simple s in a circle or a box. This is mighty creative and stylish. So now I have three very unique icons tied for the top place. Thanks for making things harder to choose DaveyBoy :D

Off to bed now for me. I am feeling Super tired.

proteindude, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  18. IDEASGirl

IDEASGirl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you remember my words....???:
    <<< IDEAS GIRL SIGH >>

He's great!!! :p

IDEASGirl, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Idea: you right 100%. But, but, but...now that I saw DaveyBoy new design I am just stunned. You see, the greatest part of his design is that S. I think it's mighty visual and memorable in a sense. Zmaja and expressions have great icons, but here's my dilemma: I feel if I sent someone some info about the products it would be easier to remind them of myself "You know our brochure with an S on it?" And because the S is on an angle that makes it even more "memorable" So if I sent several brochures to remind them, I somehow think that DaveyBoy design makes my logo a little more memorable. Not so crazy about the font which I am sure can be adjusted but the S, that is a mighty icon.

So that I don't feel loony, can you see my point about DaveyBoy design or not quite?

proteindude, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  20. Fidel_Castro

Fidel_Castro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my vote goes to zmaja's proposal .... thats my oppinion

Fidel_Castro, Sep 8, 2007 IP