1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$100 Logo Contest, winner takes all. Payment by paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Sep 4, 2007.

1. ipodfreek

ipodfreek Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

ipodfreek, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  2. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here comes the feedback. I just woke up so I am thinking a little better than last night.

Overall, I like zmaja and expressions logos (#115 and #118) the best. Hopefully this will give you an idea about what I am after. So if you want to do some changes these two are the ones to beat.

Ari: #104 I appreciate the entry but it is a little too shiny for me. It also looks a little too "unnatural". I am not sure I can explain. The S needs to blend somehow a little more with the circle. The font is nice and clean. It's the icon that's not really what I am after.

Shib: thanks for the new try. It's not something I am after. The colour scheme doesn't seem to work that well, and even though you did a 3D S, it still looks a little amateurish overall

Ace: the new entry looks good. It's got style and it has a very pleasing overall design. I can't fault it except to say there are some other stronger entries. The icon looks good also and matches well with the font. Perhaps if you were to make the icon a little more solid by using some bevel or emboss or something to make it look a bit bolder.

Ideas: thanks for the heads up. I agree with you. If this is no longer fun, it's best to perhaps try other things. I personally love it when I see no one is getting upset and takes fedback (criticism) well. Back to your new submission: the font looks good. It's probably one of the best fonts in this competition. The colours don't do it for me as I wanted something brighter but I am sure they can be easily changed. You haven't quite nailed it with the icon. Better than you previous attempt, but I feel like the icon looks a little rough and needs to be a little more stylish. The shield is well intended but not quite suitable. Perhaps a circle, a diamond or a square instead of the shield?

Shib: #110 Sorry but too many colours and a little all over the place. I don't particularly like that S. You need to try something with a little more style, something that flows better together (icon+colours+fonts+position)

Fade: thanks for the new try. Still a very great icon but I can't say the same about the font. This new font just doesn't do it for me. Doesn't seem to flow somehow.

Shart: thanks for the entry. Not bad, but still not there. The font is nice, but the icon is a little too shiny for me and a little bit fake looking. It's kind of hard to explain what I mean because your design has some nice elements but still falls behind when compared with other entries.

Retzeo: #114 The best of all your entries so far. Still a bit on the web 2ish side but definitely improving. The icon looks better and so does the font. For me to choose this, I would need to see a little more of a "natural" simpler look like in xpressions entry in number #115

Xpressions: #115 Yes, I thought it was a little funny the teeth joke and that's why I used it. But that's all it was: a joke. Very pleasant designs. If you win in the other contest that's fine. I understand. Other ch should take priority for being the first. If not, here's what I think: I like both icons. I would perhaps shorten the length of the S (sticking out a little too much) and I would give the font a little emboss or bevel just so it doesn't look too flat. I would also reduce the lighting on the second icon as it makes look just a touch too bright for me.

Aqua: I can't see your entry

Meicha: thanks for entering this. The fonts you used are too thin and I also need a more professional looking icon. Thanks for the try though.

Zmaja: I actually like both of them. I wonder if the icons look better if you complete the circle and the diamond. Even if it was just a simple thin line to complete both the circle and diamond. I like the icons better than the font. I know you think they are simple, but I would like to see them simplified a little more. I mean if you were to reduce the shiness or lighting effect on both icons. I may be wrong but perhaps it would work.

coolwanz: thanks for the new entry. The icon is just a little too flat for me. It also is a little complex. I was more after something simple with just a simple masters touch that makes everything look great while still keeping it simple (similar to zmaja and expressions icons -simple yet stylish). I am also not a big fan of the gradient effect (this is just a personal thing). I hate to dissapoint you again, but this isn't something I was after. It's just a little too flat for me.

Raku: thanks for the alterations. One thing I like about your logo is the blue shading makes the logo look alive. However, now that you "completed" the 3d S icon I realise it's not quite what I was after. It looks a little hard to read, a little perhaps amateurish. The fonts in the second entry look better.

Ipod: your last entry is the best work I've seen you submit. It's got a web 2 look which is something I am not after and those bricks I am not sure how they go with my logo. However, when I look at certain logos (even though they may not be suitable) I still admire some of them. Your logo is one I would admire but it's also one I don't find suitable. My suggestion is keep this logo as I am sure sooner or later someone will have some use for it. Thanks for trying again.

proteindude, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  3. AquaMaureen

AquaMaureen Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here it is again.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

AquaMaureen, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  4. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Very, very stylish logo. Everyone taking part in this contest seems to have problems with the font. Your font is probably the most suitable I have seen. Yes the supplements are natural, but they are mainly powders derived from milk. Your icon, while it's mighty elegant and stylish is not suitable for my needs. Thanks for giving this a try.

And if anyone else is reading this comment: I really like this font

5. woodywho

woodywho Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ok feed plz...... like i need to ask

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

woodywho, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  6. AquaMaureen

AquaMaureen Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    for the benefit of the other contestants-- the font is avenir

7. Ace2016

Ace2016 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What about this?

[​IMG]

Ace2016, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  8. xpressions

xpressions Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for the continued, detailed feedback. Here is another round of revisions. Cheers!

[​IMG]

xpressions, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  9. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Aqua: you are a top dude (or dudette). Thank you for the name of the font (my favorite so far).

Woody: thanks for the try. The icon is not what I am looking for. Looks to me like your icon is more suited for medicine. The logo is for supplements. Supplements and medicine are kind of related yet they are different. The fonts you used are not what I am looking for. They look a little amateurish in my opinion. I need something more corporate (avenir :) )

Ace: that is a very stylish entry and I can't fault it. The "only" downside is that I happen to like other designs more. Yours has got style, but I prefer something somehow more vibrant. Something with a little more sparkle is what I like. And while your design is a pleasant looking one, overall I feel like it's missing some sparkle.

Xpressions: thanks for making this more difficult to choose. I like the blue/orange colour scheme. All three are great except for the font/effect for the middle one (for the word Super). The bottom one I also like the icon (all your icons are stylish) but the S should be pointing upwards rather than downwards. Let me sleep on it a little more and see what the other guys come up with, but so far your entries are in the top two.

10. ipodfreek

ipodfreek Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The "bricks" are two abstract S's together. It gave it a corporate look with the meaningless object (imho). :)

ipodfreek, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  11. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I kind of thought that about the bricks. Seriously this design is a nice one and pleasing overall it's just not suitable. I am getting a little older so perhaps that is why I want something a little more down to earth, but I still want the design to retain some sparkle, some vibrancy. Your design is great and the S (bricks) very creative. ;)

12. zmaja

zmaja Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And a revision from me, too. I simplified it as much as I could handle :) I hope this you had in mind.

[​IMG]

zmaja, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  13. IDEASGirl

IDEASGirl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Revision....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IDEASGirl, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Zmaja: thanks for the new simplifications. It's a step in the right direction even though I feel it's kind of squashed the SS in a little. As it stands I still prefer xpressions and yours is second.

Ideas: thanks for the new ones. Sorry but still not there. the icon is a little too luminous for me. I know you like this luminous look (you got a light bulb as an icon :) ), but I prefer something a little more settled down like expressions and zmaja. And yet zmaja and expressions designs still have some energy, some vibrancy in their logo. The fonts you used are ok, but I think I've fallen in love with the avenir font aqua was mentioning. That's a hint for anyone considering this contest.

Aqua: I am assuming you don't have a problem if someone else uses the avenir font? Is that cool with you? Just double checking.

15. LarryKingFan

LarryKingFan Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    who won this or it is still going on?

LarryKingFan, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  16. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think the beginning of the thread said contest closes 11th of september (Tuesday) :)

17. AquaMaureen

AquaMaureen Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    all are welcome to use avenir. thanks for your kind words.

also, if you don't have the font, Myriad is very very similar.

18. jamess

jamess Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    another one

[​IMG]

jamess, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  19. coolwanz

coolwanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hehe another try

[​IMG]

coolwanz, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  20. Ace2016

Ace2016 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm going to leave mine as it is, i like it, don't see what else could be done to it

Ace2016, Sep 7, 2007 IP