1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Candidate for QBC listing - Aviva Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by paidhosting, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williamjack

williamjack Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think we can do this to the person who has done some really good jobs and, there is a fact that things done intentialy and by mistake or someone else mistake. So we cant judge the person goodwill on one fact.

williamjack, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You guys are worse than a bunch of prepubescent schoolgirls sometimes... the "Prime Evil"? Give me a break! You're putting your own integrity in question by repeatedly throwing accusations that no facts are given while blatantly ignoring them when they are. At least one of you has finally acknowledged that he's opened his virtual mouth for once.

Paidhosting, does it say anywhere on Aviva that he doesn't manually include sites he considers to be of high quality (or hire someone to do that)? Be a smart consumer and ask questions before buying, and you won't end up whining that you've been deceived. I hear people mentioning all the time that sites have gotten into Yahoo's directory for free, so I don't believe for one second that you can really be as shocked as you're acting. It's a simple case of precedent. That's the company's right to decide... not the consumers'. You're paying for the ability to have a site considered alongside the ones he considers worthwhile, without having to wait around, hoping he just happens to stumble across it and like it someday. If he had blatantly said something to the contrary, it would be a different story. But I'm not seeing that. If he did, point me to it, and I'll gladly concede your point.

jhmattern, Sep 6, 2007 IP
    Dubz and Alucard like this.
  3. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    William its not a bout jeff its a thread a bout Aviva. But since jeff is owner and is to be held responsible for what aviva does on the market and if his editor made mistake or copied from other site its not the best way to run a directory. If it were actually submitted by site owner i nor others would have minded the whole thing. But dave as from other thread had been trying to contact jeff about the issue via pms but according to him he never replied. What would a desperate man do other than to post it in public so maybe just maybe jeff might explain what has been actually happening.

--From what i see right now is that aviva adds sites by itself thus submitters should know that not all sites added actually paid for listing.
    --Jeff is not to be held responsible for those site listings that are replicas, the editor in charge if any should be taken care of in professional manner. And jeff should remove those duplicate content for benefit of his own directory.
    --Seems like both Daves and Jeff's directories got few of the content off other sites themselves, how good or legal that is another issue.
    -- Who is QBC owner again ? :p

paidhosting, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  4. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Impressions count. Hell even Google spotted whats obvious to all. How low do we have to go? This particular issue could have and should have been sorted out but arrogance often gets in the way of good sense.

workshop, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  5. iPod

iPod Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. Well let's explain a quality directory
    A quality resource for quality websites?

Jeff has tried to make his directory a quality resource. And he has succeeded in that in a big way. And you go on and insult him by calling him as "Prime Evil". Oh hell. I suppose you never had a directory. If you had one...i imagine you think that some day Google will come and submit it's listing in search engine category and will pay you for that. Well no my friend, it doesn't go that way. You will yourself have to submit quality sites. If Jeff was anywhere near to QBC, why would he ever include the links for free. "Free and "Quick Bucks" are not same. Simple english...

Anyways, you both are constantly writing about misrepresenting facts.
    Where on avivadirectory do you see how many listings he has. Where do you see Jeff bragging about number of listings, or anything to do with misrepresenting. What i am more interested in knowing is....how do you define "Misrepresentation of facts" and "QBC"

iPod, Sep 6, 2007 IP
    iceberg and Dubz like this.
  6. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    <sarcasm>
    Sadly, the owner of the QBC web site is currently banned from the forum.
    </sarcasm>

SilkySmooth, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  7. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Ur statement in itself explains its all, its a paid directory and if jeff goes behind the closed doors and ads more listings its bound to mislead potential customers, and is bound to agitate those that actually paid for listing. Cause it than does not become fair to those who paid to be listed. Its called the rules and ethics of doing business right.

How would u feel ipod if u paid me 45$ to get listed on my site, and i added ur competitors site just for free to attract ur money on my site ? Would u not feel ripped ? Answer me honestly, or would u just say "oh i am just unlucky" .

Remember ipod for that very same reason when i converted my paid directory to free and back to paid again i mentioned about it on my about us page : http://www.h-log.com/aboutus/

Please note the line " Ever now and than I open free submissions, so if you are lucky you might get free listing that H-log offers. "

Its simple fact that one should make their business ethics clear to potential customers , instead of lying to them.

Thanks myweb u just made me realize that i missed another point !! and gave me more stuff to talk about even though most do not see the big picture as i am seeing (cause everyone holds different viewpoints)

@Silky who is the owner though ?

paidhosting, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  8. tmeyer45458

tmeyer45458 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dup content, Descriptions, are you kidding??? I can't believe this is even a topic of discussion. It happens. It's up to the owner of the site or the editor to alter the description. If either fails to do so ... well ... you end up w/similar descriptions. This is NOT new!

tmeyer45458, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  9. iPod

iPod Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey hey hey
    To be very frank here i was talking to workspace guy.

I don't believe in words coming from a guy, who himself is the biggest QBC ever.

Yes, MR. A1WHS, i haven't forgotten you. I remember you from the day you came at DP as a PHPLD coder. ****-Hell. You charged me for four templates....and you gave me the shittiest stupidest coding templates files ever and even then you had guts to say that "this is it and you can not do anything more about it". I did say that i am not happy with the coding job. Well what a QBC, you never even thought of refunding money or even partial payments.

I still have those four templates files lying on my PC. They are good for nothing. Just crap.

Actually i know who the QBC owner is. I think i should put your name in there first and then clarify to you what a quality resource is. Say what? Huh? :mad:

iPod, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  10. tmeyer45458

tmeyer45458 Peon

Best Answers:
  11. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    And if you're going to be paying for a submission, you should be smart enough to ask questions first. I've already cited Yahoo as an example of why you really can't claim to be that surprised. Dmoz editors can do the same thing. The only difference is that one is non-for-profit and the other is... that doesn't mean a fundamental business model is going to be different just because you click your heels together and wish it to be so.

If it was submitted by the person who wrote the original content for the other site (especially since I doubt any directory demands exclusivity... not possible, and b/c she's married to the owner and acting as a representative of his company), she's essentially given Jeff a license to use those descriptions as is, as per her own posts via PM to Jeff which were posted in the other thread. While Jeff would have an SEO interest in changing them, you'd be hard-pressed to make a case for him being obligated to do that in any way. Even if just for the PR factor (Public Relations), it would be in his interest, but that certainly doesn't mean it should be expected, or especially expected quickly.

And what exactly is wrong with that for anyone who can read? Every now and then he opens free submissions. Submissions have nothing to do with anything he manually "scouts" as a quality resource worthy of his site. Submissions are lucky to be considered at all, nonetheless for free. You normally have to pay to be considered alongside the sites he scouts without having to wait around forever. If he lets you do it for free once in a while, that's good customer services... no guarantee you'll be listed, no guarantee no one else is getting in for free, and definitely not "lying." Actually, all you've demonstrated is that you were a poor consumer to not do your research (or just lying perhaps? - as you seem to like that word) in your earlier post here when you insisted that you believed every inclusion was paid for. I guess that means you can't feel quite as bad for the people who paid now, right? At least by your own logic earlier....

I've seen Jeff offering his own evidence in multiple cases... yet it's conveniently still ignored compared to Daves? Is that because he's more of a buddy, or is there some kind of personal vendetta against Jeff for some reason? Like I've said before, if you want to criticize someone, that's all well and good if it's based on the facts. Can you say Jeff should have responded to PMs? Sure. It would have been a good thing. At the same time, however, you should be acknowledging the repeated delays of Dave's wife in responding to Jeff. Why the hell would Jeff respond to Dave before gathering all of the information from Annie first... which took several weeks between a few of them? Let's use some common sense before digging the guy's grave for him.

12. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Freewebspace, Sep 6, 2007 IP
    tmeyer45458 likes this.
  13. coolweb

coolweb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Come on man, if he has been marketing his site by working hard and putting his efforts for the betterment of his directory, in actual benefiting other directory owners too then what's wrong in it? On the other side if some people cannot think high or cannot reach the acme of what they are doing, they must not at least condemn others' efforts as they can do nothing except criticizing others.

For a single mistake (so call as that is not proved yet completely) you guys have forgotten the leading directory and its owner's respect, and hence you called him as;

How ridiculous and how childish you are in your thoughts, please grow up it's 2007, don't make useless criticisms, don't waste your own and others' precious time. Think constructive, try establishing high quality and strong directory like aviva, then i will be persuaded by you too that you have gotten nearly an authority directory :)

coolweb, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  14. LeopardAt1

LeopardAt1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, you have to be kidding right? Say your kidding.

I personally think for those directory owners who do care would want to do this.

LeopardAt1, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  15. tmeyer45458

tmeyer45458 Peon

Best Answers:
    @FreeWebSpace....gotcha:) Thanks for the simple explanation. This late at nite I needed it.

16. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Lesson be learned people... create a site worth being found independently, and you won't have to pay for so many directory listings.

17. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    I could be mistaken (it's been known to happen :d), but in the other thread, I believe Annie said she runs a craft site, so that might just be a husband and wife pairing of directories... in their defense on that one. But I'm not sure, so don't hold me to that.

18. tmeyer45458

tmeyer45458 Peon

Best Answers:
    On the plus side...

Anyone thinking about starting a new directory will think twice after reading this thread and others:D

19. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Dare I mention his list of Authority Sites again. Deliberate misrepresentation. I know it, he knows it and it calls into question everything he does. First impressions count. The same with this industry. Buyers (and I was one two years ago) just wont swallow this bulsh*t. :eek:

workshop, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  20. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    Paidhosting,
    I think there is nothing wrong in adding quality sites like google, yahoo etc to paid directories manually.In fact, Jeff is adding very nice sites and is building quality resource.Usually users complains categories are empty on directory etc but if you check Aviva.Many categories which are usually empty on other directories are filled on Aviva.It is definitely not a QBC act to add quality sites manually.Also, Jeff does not add normal sites he adds sites like NASA, The White House etc.We all know that google, NASA and other sites are not going to submit their sites in our directories.
    Saad

saadahmed007, Sep 6, 2007 IP
    urlstand, NeoGen and kiviniar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.