1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Smart Pricing is Temporary For A Niche !!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by joey112, Sep 5, 2007.

1. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is something called Conversion Rate. If your site stops converting for advertisers, they report you as bad converting website. This leads to smartpricing.

Why on earth someone would smartprice you if u r converting great for a advertiser?

I suggest you learn some basic of adsense and adwords.

godmode, Sep 6, 2007 IP
    Adpubster likes this.
  2. timallard

timallard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adpubster and godmode for the win! ^^^ Very True Reply.

timallard, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  3. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you know how much they were making? First, it's not my theory, it does seem to be the prevailing explanation of smart pricing, though, with a couple tidbits from Google that seem to support it.

The World Cup? Whenever there is some big event, the number of MFA sites that pop up and try to capitalize from it via arbitrage is incredible. Probably wasn't smart pricing at all, just a lot of MFA ads showing up on the site that were getting clicked. That ISN'T smart pricing, though. The reason I don't believe so is I've experience drops in ePC before, too.

I've had similar problems with MFA and someone might say that my "niche" had been smart priced because my ePC had all of a sudden dropped. But, lo and behold, when I investigate the sites and throw the ones I believe to be MFAers into my filter, my ePC goes WAY back up (ie usually the next day), so the niche had not been smart priced, nor had I.

If Google's explanation leans towards something that affects specific sites when they talk about smart pricing, well, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe them until I find evidence to the contrary. And I've not seen any such evidence so far.

Personally, I think the term "smart pricing" is used way too often (mis-used, in fact) to describe a situation where someone's site has become infected with MFA ads paying very little. Get rid of those sites and the earnings go back up...and that is not a symptom of smart pricing which is made out by both sides to be a much longer process than something that would have an overnight cure.

But, how do those cheap ads get onto your site when there are higher paying ads in the queue? It is more than just click-value that determines whether or not an ad is "best" The chances that that particular ad will be clicked (not just on your site but across the range of sites that it is shown on) is a big factor, too. And when you have advertisers writing deceptive ad copy, the ad tends to be clicked more often, even though the resulting page is nothing but a useless directory listing. Thus, some cheap two-cent ad gets onto your site, pushing away a much higher paying one.

Adpubster, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  4. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the double-post, didn't see this one until after I posted above...so your site is in the same niche as east side boxing? But yours is NOT smart-priced and they are? Wouldn't that support the notion of site-specific rather than niche-specific smart-pricing?

Adpubster, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  5. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And Cricket is a crap niche anyways. It's mostly watched by Indians (including me) and i highly doubt someone would bother to pay anything above 0.20 cents a click for a cricket niche. Its like myspace of sports gaming. Only cricketers earn money, we just waste our 8 hrs lol:D am kidding.

One more point: These MFA write execellent ad copies and landing page to get lowest price bids with higher position. Its all about gaming the Quality of landing page algo.

godmode, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  6. alexdale

alexdale Active Member

Best Answers:
    I strongly agree on this. Me and my friend have tried and proven this(for my account at least). One of my site that's earning around $100-$150/day from my account is now earning at least $400/day using his account, same amount of clicks and with the same traffic. It's already 2 weeks and is retaining its CPC value.

This is just based on my experience. Recently I got more than 40,000 clicks in a day from one of my high traffic sites (250k uniques/day) and it's just generating around $.02-$.03 max per click. I dunno, Adsense is just pretty much unpredictable.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

alexdale, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  7. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Sorry Joey112, I'm calling BULLSH*T!!! Do you have any documented evidence of any source, preferably a credible source, that can substantiate the theories in your original post? :rolleyes:

LaCabra, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  8. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    No LaCabra its just my theory. Yes probably Godmode and Adpubster are right after reading their recent posts.

joey112, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    LaCabra likes this.
  9. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    No worries Joey112, we can't win them but we all appreciate your contribution and participation! Thanks for being civil!

LaCabra, Sep 7, 2007 IP