1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing & ClickBank - My Documented Journey

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Ponynugget, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Cary Bergeron

Cary Bergeron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the updates, keep us posted...

Cary Bergeron, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  2. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Day 5 - September 4th, 2007

Nothing terribly exciting today. Had an additional 5 clicks on the 2 articles that are currently live, but still no sales.

There are 8 articles still pending review, some of them dating back to when I first started writing them 5-6 days ago. It's a little discouraging as having the articles still in review really does slow down progress and any potential profit, but I suppose I'll have to wait a couple more days (which by then, if the articles are not accepted, I'll send the team at ezine an email as suggested in their FAQ).

I was hoping for 1000 articles views by Saturday night, but I'm not too sure if that'll be possible now.

[​IMG]

Ponynugget, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  3. InFlames

InFlames Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey don't worry, even if you don't get 1000 articles view, you are still creating backlinks to your websites. Just go on and publish new articles and you will get natural traffic because your website rankings will get better for the keyword your targeting.
    With time and effort your website will rank higher than your articles.

InFlames, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  4. Sutocu

Sutocu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice! I hope you do well in the future.

I agree that only submitting the articles to one directory is the right thing to do, if you are promoting products and not a website. I would consider having an affiliate link in the author box in addition to, or instead of the link to a blog. Cutting additional steps might lead to more sales.

If you need more directories to publish the articles to, while you are waiting for platinum status, I recommend ArticlesBase.

Good luck!

Sutocu, Sep 4, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  5. TheRichSchoolboy

TheRichSchoolboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where do you posting your articles?

Can you show me some websites?

TheRichSchoolboy, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  6. Nathy

Nathy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks good - I've been thinking of doing this myself so will keep looking at this thread :D

Nathy, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  7. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll be experimenting with this method once I'm able to submit more articles to ezine. As I understand I'll have to use a top level domain and redirect it to my affiliate link - is anyone able to confirm this?

Thanks! I'll check it out. :)

At the moment I'll be keeping all specific information under wraps, sorry!

Day 6 - September 5th, 2007

"Your article is accepted..." - I woke up to this rather pleasing email this morning. One of the articles that I had submitted on my first day (31st August) was accepted, bringing my total live articles to 3. Hopefully this means that my other pending articles will be reviewed over the next couple of days.

[​IMG]

The image below gives an idea of what kind of traffic my articles have been receiving, with each row representing an article. Obviously one of the articles has received more views and a higher URL CTR than the other two.

[​IMG]

Ponynugget, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  8. frederik

frederik Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice that you post a bum marketing journey here.

Yes if you use ezinearticles you can't link directly to the affiliate link.
    From my own experiences i can tell you that redericting to the vendor site is better (more sales) then linking to a blog or site.

frederik, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  9. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am pretty sure you cannot put a redirect link in the bio box. if I remember correctly, one of my articles got taken down because I did that.

mohms, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  10. Sutocu

Sutocu Active Member

Best Answers:
    From EzineArticles editorial guidelines.

Sutocu, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  11. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh yeah... now i remember. I had a redirect at mysite.com/afflink. The redirect had to be at mysite.com

Thanks Sutocu

mohms, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  12. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    cool thread..

heres one i posted acouple of weeks ago...

it seems to be going ok

Attached Files:

Swerd, Sep 5, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  13. lylaster

lylaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi! I began bum marketing a few weeks ago, thought I'd share some of my statistics. The articles are just rewritten articles from my blog with keyword research.

10 articles submitted various times over 3 weeks. My view count is 2,000 and URL click is 124. So far no sales. I'm currently linking it to a pre-sell of a clickbank product on my website.

http://beawomanizer.com/the-art-of-approaching/

I'm still going tough, gosh that first sale is the hardest isn't it?

lylaster, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  14. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you should check clickbank analytics to see if your links are even being clicked, they may not even be visible to the general public.

I check the sales page, and they are directed to a place where they must submit their e-mail, then they are redirected to a place where they must make a purchase. That sales page may convert well for the vendor, but not so well for you.

They say you only make a sale approximately every 200 visitors, unless you have some kind of opt-in list.

I also recommend you putting an opt-in list form on your blog as well. Probably aweber's the best autoresponder service.

ExpertForumGuy, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  15. lylaster

lylaster Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tips. I'm working on putting together a free e-book to use as an incentive for them to subscribe. Do you recommend me switching to selling ebooks that don't have a vendor squeeze page? I'm thinking it makes more sense. It's kinda weird for them to go pre-sell,they ask for e-mail, then a sale's page.

lylaster, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  16. Quail

Quail Peon

Best Answers:
    This will be interesting to watch!! Ive just decided to start bum marketing too.

Ive written one article, but I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks on Saturday (would be nice to come home to a sale or two), so I'll have to put it on hold :(.

Ive got a question about Bum Marketing if anyone can help me :)

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=466424

Quail, Sep 6, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  17. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Day 7 - September 6th, 2007

I woke up to seeing four "article accepted" emails this morning. The remaining three were reviewed a couple of hours ago, however only two were accepted. Unfortunately I had mistakenly included a URL in one of my articles. The URL was linked to a very popular site that was extremely relevant to the article. I corrected the issue minutes after the reviewer had placed it in the "problem" category, however it seems that I'll have to wait another 2-5 days for it to be re-reviewed.

It's really quite frustrating that a silly mistake can put a massive delay on things and almost certainly mean that I won't be receiving Platinum status once my account is eligible for an upgrade. I really don't know what I was thinking when I put the URL in - I suppose late nights aren't all that beneficial!

Anyway, my articles received 134 views and 9 clicks today. Still no sales though!

[​IMG]

Ponynugget, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  18. tippie

tippie Peon

Best Answers:
    Well don't give up.
    All rich ecommerce marketeers say,stay focused on doing one thing and you will get success.
    So stay focused on publishing articles and read what other people did to optimize their articles

tippie, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  19. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Day 7 - September 6th, 2007 - Update

Well funnily enough just minutes after I posted the Day 7 update, my article was re-reviewed and it is now live. What a relief! :)

I've submitted my proposal for an account upgrade, but for now, I think my eyes need some rest.

Quitting is the last thing on my mind at the moment. Even if I don't see any sort of success with article marketing, I'm sure the information will be beneficial to those that are interested in trying it out.

Ponynugget, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  20. tippie

tippie Peon

Best Answers:
    Articles bring in long term automated money not short term manually earned :)
    If you can understand what i mean

tippie, Sep 6, 2007 IP