1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogs, Articles Submissions, SEO, Blah,Blah, Blah - How to get more traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kimt, Sep 4, 2007.

Hi Guys, it is plain and simple, i need more traffic. I have a great product to sell. I know my handmade wall hangings are good but i can not sell them. I have tried all of the above and much more, but it is still not happening for me. Lack of traffic is my main problem. I feel that i have worked very hard over the last 6 months doing everything i have read about and learned but it is still not happening. What next. Do you have any other out of this world ideas i can try? Oh and i mean free ones as i do not have any budget for advertising.
    Thanks for listening. From Kim

kimt, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  2. tushardhoot1

tushardhoot1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you have a considerable amount of margin, then you can charter a company like commision junction, and use the power of millions of webmasters to sell your product. Just make sure you pay a 'attractive' enough commision, and your products will sell.

tushardhoot1, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  3. kimt

kimt Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi, i have thought of getting other people to help me sell them, but i am just not sure where to start with that. How does that commission junction work? And have you used it and what type of outcome was obtained?
    Thanks from Kim:D

kimt, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  4. mmay

mmay Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you can branch out into an ebay store... to get your website/name out there. you can get a ton of natural bookmarks this way.

mmay, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  5. advoor

advoor Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried listing one of your hangings on eBay? You might be able to grab a few sales, plus visits to your site from their. Or you can try Google Base listing; could work out well for you.

advoor, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  6. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Couple of points first that may not be what you're looking for, but I'll offer anyway. The logo image in your header is purple/black and contrasts badly with the orange/brown header background. Also, the PayPal banner in the header detracts attention from your products, so I'd dump it.

I mention these because getting all the traffic in the world won't help if visitors to your site are detracted or confused over what they're supposed to be focusing on... in this case, your product offerings.

As for traffic, I agree with what's been said about eBay. I'd also look around at some artistic forums that you may be able to participate in and (using a signature link) do some promoting.

Who are your target customers? Who buys these things? Answer those questions and the "where/how to promote them" becomes obvious.

ScottBannon, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  7. kimt

kimt Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks to everyone that replied to my post. Thanks Scott, i have taken what you said on board and have fixed my homepage. It looks much better.
    I have tried ebay numerous time and they are not selling on there. Maybe they are too cheap as some on there are around the $200 mark. I just can not afford to keep putting them on ebay when they do not sell on there either. So unfortunately Ebay is no longer an option for me. Thanks again for all of the tips. From Kim:D

kimt, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  8. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Kim, always happy to be of help and the site looks a lot better (in my opinion) now. As soon as it loads the visitor knows what they're looking at and going to find there, so great job.

With eBay being out of the question for you, I'd say commenting on forums and blogs that are related to wall decorations, decorating in general, and even art are probably going to be your best bets. If you do this, just try to be on-topic and helpful in your comments (not spammy), and don't forget to include your link.

Hope this helps.

ScottBannon, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  9. autorave

autorave Peon

Best Answers:
    I would really recommend setting up a blog and maintaining it regularly. All the relevant content you keep pumping out (with the appropriate keywords included) would gradually attract a whole bunch of longtail search traffic.

Networking within social communities is important as well. Find forums and social sites relevant and contribute to them. Some traffic will naturally flow to your site as well.

autorave, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  10. cashfinder

cashfinder Peon

Best Answers:
    The Truth: With all the “noise” online, the only way to market yourself is to identify your niche and then tailor all of your marketing to that niche. You have to know:

1. WHO you want to attract;
    2. WHAT solution you will provide for them;
    3. WHY they should they do business with you.

Many entrepreneurs skip this essential step and end up struggling – and sometimes downright failing – as a result.

Does your web site target a particular market? Is it geographic or demographic? Male or female, young or old? Business or consumer?

Targeting your niche market via search engines can be a very efficient and effective way of pinpointing your visitors with the most potential to buy your products and services. With a little planning, you can determine exactly who visits your site and who doesn’t.

cashfinder, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  11. haiwin

haiwin Peon

Best Answers:
    I am facing the same problem
    my site only has 30-40 unique IP daily although i have various styles of ties and relativelylower price

haiwin, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  12. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried posting them on classified sites such as craigslist or kijiji and sell them locally?

zurpit.com, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  13. lisaoliver

lisaoliver Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

I love your work, I had a good look at the site and a couple of things came to mind. Firstly I found the differences in the font through the different pages a bit off-putting - it kinda looks bitsy if you get what I mean. I think the picture that you have on your about page with the stall would look great on the top half of your home page because it showcases a number of different products on the one picture. Likewise if you put a few of your testimonials on the home page too I think that would help a bit as well. As Scott mentioned your home page is the one that is going to count when you do get visitors to your site so making that as "tight" as possible will help with your conversions.
    With regards to selling elsewhere have you tried Etsy.com? You can list items there on a storefront for free - the only condition is that the items are handmade. Or if you are sourcing some panels (I wasn't quite sure if you were or not) you could promote your panels as "supplies" in the Etsy site.
    Good luck with your ventures
    Lisa

lisaoliver, Jul 26, 2010 IP