1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Less than 1% CTR

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Darisi, Sep 5, 2007.

Hello, i have a really big problem with my CTR, it's less then 1%. Can someone review and give me some tips on this? I know it's gonna be a hard one since the layout i have for my blog is unique, so is the color scheme so making a CTR of 10% would be really hard, or maybe impossible?

the url is darjanpanic.com

I only make about 5$ daily, if i'm lucky.

thanks

Darisi, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  2. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is one beautiful website.

I am new to adsense optimization myself but I have found that blending in ads works best. Maybe if you removed the border by making it the same color as the background you would have a higher CTR? Also you need to increase the number of ads. In your article view I would remove the top ad and replace it with a large rectangle placed in between the first and second paragraph.

The other thing I noticed is that the ads are hardly relevant. For ex: in your neon lights with PS article only one ad was relevant to the article. Try to include keywords in your heading tags, strong tags and also repeat them more often for better targeted ads. Also google a bit about "irrelevant adsense ads" and you'll find a lot of articles about how to improve targeting.

abdussamad, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  3. clark056

clark056 Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of it just has to do with the content that goes on the site, not so much the layout.

clark056, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  4. Darisi

Darisi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips, i'll try blending them in. Also, would a use of

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

around the article fix the displayed ads? Or at least help?

Darisi, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  5. RudyDhondt

RudyDhondt Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see any ads above the fold. That would certainly increase the CTR.

Often people leave your website without scrolling down.

Maybe a horizontal link unit would help also. I know sometimes the link unit is not a very good idea, but the least you can do is split test for a while.

Testing and tracking are the only ways to know how to increase your CTR.

If you look at this forum, there's an ad at the top right. It is there for a reason:

Because that's where you pass with your mouse-cursor to click on the cross when you want to close the page. And I'm sure it works!

Rudy Dhondt

RudyDhondt, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  6. kingfish

kingfish Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm amazed you have that high of a ctr, put some ads in the middle and top of your articles and watch it soar.

Anyway testing is your friend, either try a ton of different ad positionings over some amount of time or get some dynamic positioning scripts to figure out your best placement.

kingfish, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  7. Kngavl

Kngavl Peon

Best Answers:
    Your ads are too hard to spot, I had to look for them twice before I saw it.
    Since your site has so much stuff pulled all over the place, try standin your ads out. Don't make them pink or anything but make them a good color that stands out, but doesn't scream at you. Understand?
    Try to put a horizontal link unit just above news, blend that one. Try to make it the same size as your menu.
    Place some sort of Affiliate program, I think that would do well with your type of website.
    Btw thats a very good design/ color configuration, congrats.

Kngavl, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  8. Darisi

Darisi Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, nice tips and lots of good thinking, thanks.

@RudyDhondt: the explanation of why there is a ad at top right is brilliant :)

@kingfish: i haven't heard of dynamic positioning scripts, know of a any good one?

@Kngavl: i'll try the link unit above news, thanks

Darisi, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  9. Darisi

Darisi Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah, Kngavl, what type of affiliate programs would work here and how should i promote them? with those square banners? You can send me a PM with your ref code if you like.

Darisi, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  10. MayurGondaliya

MayurGondaliya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Place ads between the content. Let ads look like the links of the webpage itself to get high CTR.

MayurGondaliya, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  11. KunkVentures

KunkVentures Peon

Best Answers:
    why the hell would you put adsense up on your portfolio page?

Of course people aren't clicking, they came to look at your portfolio not to leave and go to another site.

KunkVentures, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  12. kingfish

kingfish Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually don't know of any dynamic ad positioners and may have made it up. But it should exist if it doesn't lol

kingfish, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  13. Kngavl

Kngavl Peon

Best Answers:
    Every time you don't have adsense on a webpage, you don't generate profit from that page so if someone does go to your about page, they read the info and then what? They leave the page correct? So you just offer them a way out, no harm done.

Kngavl, Sep 7, 2007 IP