1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What will you do when you succeed in building a high-traffic site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by m38967, Sep 5, 2007.

I got this question off the blog of Steve Pavlina, and its a solid question for sure. It comes from his post on, How to Build a High Traffic Site (or Blog) and the paragraph on know WHY you want to build a high traffic site.

If you someday find yourself in the privileged position of being able to influence millions of people, what will you say to them?

I plan on answering the question, but would like to see how others answer it.

m38967, Sep 5, 2007 IP
    uglyboy likes this.
  2. clark056

clark056 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would probably try to educate them and make cash off them at the same time. Call it what you want, I think it's the best way to do it. Make enough cash to be comfortable focusing on your message.

clark056, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  3. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've read Steve Pavlina's blog and I must say its truly inspirational and one amazing blog. The way he thinks and writes is simply amazing. I think if I had an influential blog, I wont be just focusing on earning money from it, thats looks kind of greedy to me. I would however try to educate them and share my thoughts with them and help them out as possible in my capabilities.

rosiee007, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  4. guyfox

guyfox Peon

Best Answers:
    Having ANY blog and trying to make money off of it is greedy too, isn't it, rosiee007? Is there a difference between the greed of the ultra-rich and the ultra-poor, and the middle-class, say?
    Why be ashamed of it? Flaunt your ambition :)

guyfox, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  5. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on you as an individual. Frankly, if I have built a high traffic site, I will monetize it with affiliate products, and my own products plus Adsense. Having these on my website doesn't mean I cannot also provide unique and informational content right?

Great content with a right mix of good product recommendations complement one another. So it is mutually beneficial to the webmaster and the visitor. :)

homebizbuilder, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  6. m38967

m38967 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To answer the question myself:

It is a BIG question, with no simple or quick answers. But a real good and solid question, and any big time aspiring entrepreneur at some point will have seriously consider and answer.

I would try to impart hope and positivity, as i feel that without these two things, not much is possible. It is unbelievable how just providing HOPE to those who don't have it or have never been exposed to it, can propel a seemingly ordinary person to do extraordinary things.

Steve is in a great position to do this, and he does it.

m38967, Oct 17, 2007 IP