1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Religion, the truth or a horrible lie?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by birdsfly, Jun 29, 2007.

1. birdsfly

birdsfly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    omg....no proof, just jargon....the way of the christian....

birdsfly, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  2. birdsfly

Best Answers:
    Flawed logic, no evidence :) You still haven't answered where god came from...and you say it's backed up by the bible....well as I said in my other posts, I could have wrote a book about a giant penis who created the earth etc etc so therefore why is the bible correct? and what evidence (apart from the usual excuse that it's lasted over 2000 years, blah blah blah) do you have that it is?

You see, you can make all these polished arguments that sound great when you read them, but then you hit reality :)

birdsfly, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What the hell are you talking about? I don't remember anyone saying you didn't experience this, In fact the only thing i have seen is people explaining to you why it happened and that when you actually think about it (i know you don't like things like thinking and forming your own conclusions) it's not actually that impressive. People have explained it to you time and time again.

yes it happened, but it happened because it's not that amazing. It had nothing to do with the bible, Spirits, ghosts, Gods, Fairies, Elves, pixies or unicorns. It's just four people picking up one person.

I thought it was bad enough when you used religion to explain things you don't understand, But now you are intentionally misunderstanding simple things to give yourself an excuse to claim religion is responsible.

stOx, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  4. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I am sorry you don't understand what I experienced in my life. It's not like you were perched on my shoulder throughout my life. There's no way you could even remotely understand this unless you were there at the time. I guess by your negative attitude you won't allow me to bring out anything positive at all. Therefore, I have nothing further to add to this thread. You bashing my comments the way you have done does nothing good for anyone, except maybe you get off on it.

Now you can find others to defame, slander and ridicule. I am out of here. Not because I am scared of you. Because there is no point in continuing this discussion.

Best regards,

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is because you a scared of me and you know it. Everytime you post a falsehood you are in fear in seeing me reply because you know i'll pull you up on it.

See, The trouble is you spend to much time in a little group who just sit there and nod in agreement every time a lie is told or a primitive myth is recounted as if it actually happened. So when you come across normal people, People who don't share you delusion, You get offended and can't understand how they could possibly disagree with something you have said. After all, You said it (regurgitated it), So it must be true, Right?

This delusion also causes you to ignore facts, Evidence and explanations that disprove that your invisible supper buddy is responsible for something as normal and unremarkable as four people being able to lift up one person.

personally i think your inability to understand that it's easy for four people to pick up one person shows exactly the intellect you are armed with. It's understandable that you should want to run away with your tail between your legs, It's just a shame this cowardice didn't present it's self earlier, We could have saved our selves from this 20+ page abomination of a thread.

stOx, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  6. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    I hope you enjoyed that :)

Col :)

7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Back so soon?

I guess this is the part where you are reduced to believing that the last person to post in a discussion is the winner?

stOx, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  8. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Enjoy your glory :)

9. skibladner

skibladner Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

skibladner, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  10. birdsfly

Best Answers:
    LMFAO!!!! Above is SO true, that is such a good example!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

"What's the matter darwin lover?" LMAO genius!!

birdsfly, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  11. birdsfly

Best Answers:
    Extremely well put forward argument st0x :) Well done...

birdsfly, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  12. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

GWiz, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  13. spoiledpups

spoiledpups Peon

Best Answers:
    So, can you point out the flaw? Can you bring evidence that "nothing" created everything?

You obviously did not do or perhaps did not understand your homework. There has to be a "First Mover" to which the laws of cause and effect and entropy do not apply. You believe it was "nothing", I believe it was God, the great I AM that just exists.

Search for "true science agrees with bible". Search for "prophesies Jesus fulfilled". Search for "apostles died for what they believed".

spoiledpups, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  14. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Oldest argument in the book for any religious person. Frankly, it's a hopeless attempt to wriggle out of the argument by trying to turning it around and not addressing the argument at hand.

Evidence that nothing creating everything? I certainly hope you aren't referring to the Big Bang theory, since not only do we now have proof for this event, but I can certainly tell you that the big bang did not come from 'nothing'. Religion itself is more likely to claim that something has come out of nothing. Creation theory anyone, how does this explain anything? Completely flawed logic.

What a nice feeling it must be to know that god is 'just out there'. I wanted to resist using ad hominem attacks but this is simply hilarious. I don't necessarily blame you for your flawed logic, I personally believe there is no such thing as free will, we are all doomed to follow a certain path. You were raised this way, spoon fed this crap most likely and never had an opportunity to think otherwise. You can take reconciliation knowing it's not your fault. :) But all you're doing is doing what humans did thousands of years ago, by filling in all the gaps of ignorance with the term 'god' because your mind cannot conceive of an explanation. Believe me, I have trouble myself grasping 12 dimensions and the big bang and BILLIONS of years, but it doesn't drive me to simply label everything around me as "God" did it because it would comfort me. Reality sucks, the sooner you can get that through your head, the better.

I'll agree with you only to the point that the Bible is in fact remotely scientific, but only to the point of astronomically observed data, that's it. Besides this, everything in the bible is a complete rip off of previous Egyptian religions and has absolutely nothing else to offer, including creationism. I'm sure you're also aware that the character named "Jesus" never existed. :rolleyes:

GWiz, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  15. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have an interesting perspective about religion if anyone cares to read it on my blog. If the link doesn't work you can click on the link by my avatar where it reads "recent blog" to access my blog. The title I called the matter is "Fear of the Unknown..." of which I was going to copy and paste but it's quite lengthy for a post. And I have much more to say on the matter that would more than likely be more appropriate to put on my blog at a later time possibly rather than here at DP. I've got rather strong views that might be disturbing to many while others it may be soothing. :)

CU_Designs, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  16. spoiledpups

spoiledpups Peon

Best Answers:
    So, what did it come from if not "nothing"? And what created that, whatever your invented fairy tale is, you are back to the matter/order is eternal belief which entropy clearly shows as impossible.

Pleeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee give me a break, Jesus is most recorded best proven historical fact EVER! Even Einstein who was not a Christian has this to say:

"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene....No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life." --Albert Einstein

spoiledpups, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  17. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I'm assuming you never took physics in school. But modern day physics have come a long way, especially in understanding the world we live in. As mentioned previously, there are 12 known dimensions which seem to perfectly explain pretty much every massive event in the universe, include the big bang. Your way, and frankly, may other peoples ways of thinking is through their senses. All they see is all that is, unfortunately for them, there is so much more going on that it's difficult to even imagine. Ever heard of String Theory? The purpose of this theory was to essentially create a unified theory of relativity, which your Einstein couldn't do in his life time.

In terms of the big bang, its essentially said that the higher dimensions interact in such a way that it causes a ripple effect which can move through other dimensions, including our own, and seems to be exactly what happened causing the Big Bang. Although this is now knowing as M-Theory or Super String Theory. I'd suggest you watch the following video if you want to learn about it, it's very interesting:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7644290290800638519

Most recorded fact ever? Wow, I must have been living under a rock all my life. I'd love to see your RECORDED FACTS. I hope you chose your words wisely, because to date, the real facts are that there has been absolutely no real evidence that even points to the existence of your so called "Jesus" besides a few rags and a cave where he was actually thought to have died. Both of which actually disprove the idea of Jesus, lol.

What you're doing now is believing in an ideal blindly, a thing called faith. Again, I don't blame you. Humans can easily be manipulated to believe anything if you bombard them with something long enough. All that Jesus is, is basically word of mouth, nothing more. A fairy tale passed down the generations, although its a very strange phenomena since Jesus becomes more and more real as time passes, likely because its difficult to look back at the origins, and everything said is simply believed to be true, as it's just 'tradition'.

If you'd like to understand what Jesus actually was, I suggest you watch this clip:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2aW2N46vf4Q
    It's a short clip to a longer 2 hour documentary entitled Zeitgeist, which can be found below:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

I'd suggest you refrain from commenting until you've watched the documentary above.

As for your Einstein quote, I don't know what you're trying to suggest here. I'm assuming you're attempting to justify the existence Jesus because a famous person mentioned him? Frankly, the statement on it's own is fairly vivid, it could have easily meant something else. Although, my knowledge of Einstein is that he was religious, but correct me if I'm wrong.

This actually brings me to a final topic, I am not necessarily saying religion is all 'bad'. I'm simply saying that your belief, and the current belief shared by the majority of the world is horribly flawed and illogical, and down right ignorant. I don't deny the existence of a god, but again, that really depends on what you define as god. Your view of god is that it's some sentient force in the universe that goes around sending people to hell for masturbating and granting wishes and performing so called 'supernatural' miracles. If what I just said surprised you, then please do ask yourself, what is god? I can guarantee you that it will be your own manifestation of what god is.

GWiz, Sep 5, 2007 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  18. birdsfly

Best Answers:
    Sure, the flaw is that you base everything on religion when there is no evidence that religion is "true" or "correct" so to speak, this is not logical because it could be 100% wrong. You have no evidence that a giant penis did not create the earth, therefore there are infinite possibilities on how matter came "to be".
    Yes, I did do my homework, you believe that this "first mover" was god, I do not...again, infinite possibilities on what could have happened, possibly beyond yours and my comprehension....again no evidence to prove anything here, all theory therefore nor you or I can EVER be correct (so don't try LOL).
    I'm not religious and do not believe in Jeses or god or whatever you want to call it, therefore I'm not going to bother reading up on what I consider to be complete and utter nonsense...I can not agree that over 3000 of "Chinese whispers" (the bible has been chopped and changed) about god and some prophecy (that could have been complete jargon) can be correct.

birdsfly, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  19. birdsfly

Best Answers:
    I agree with EVERYTHING you said, you practically summed up my life.

20. birdsfly

Best Answers:
    What came first the chicken or the egg? Basically you just said the chicken (or egg, doesn't matter)....NO EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The book has been chopped and changed and handed down for 3000 years, AS IF IT ISN'T GOING TO BE INACCURATE IF NOT MADE UP COMPLETELY!! Einstein has recently been 100% proven to be an Atheist, I can dig up and some quotes and articles of this for you later if you wish.