1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Cracks Down On MFA Sites

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by YokoOno, Nov 15, 2005.

1. torunforever

torunforever Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly what are you worried about? It's not as if you list your sites in your profile or signature, so what do you care if people think you create MFA sites.

torunforever, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  2. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I openly admit that I run some sites that are simply Made for Advertising. How else could you describe an affiliate site built from a datafeed. Guess what, those sites also run adsense quite happily.
    If anyone here who runs a site as a business and it's not built primarily to advertise something then I'd like to know how they are making money. Note, if the site isn't designed to make money, then it's not being run as a business. You can ignore sites that are built to sell your own products.

jlawrence, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  3. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    A site can be as big as it needs to be.
    I know of people making money from 5 pages sites. Fryman claims to be - I say claims because I can't prove he is, but I've no reason to disbelieve him.

jlawrence, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  4. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

People pull these posts from all over the web, some even as far as using these posts against me. Even if I don't have the sites listed anywhere here, I still want to be disassociated with this and I have a right to be disassociated with this.

dzcap, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    Interlogic likes this.
  5. MisterZee

MisterZee Peon

Best Answers:
    Cmon dude. Just put an edit at the bottom of the post saying that it's clarified in this thread. Put yourself in dzcap's shoes. He doesn't want to be associated with scum. You can't blame him for being upset about that.

MisterZee, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    Mister Tut likes this.
  6. millst2

millst2 Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree the site mentioned is a MFA site. But there is a thin line between this site and a non-mfa site.

With this site you could add a few paragraphs of content and make it a legit website,, but this one site is totally a MFA site..

Nice find.. this is exactly the type of site that will get banned or found to evade tos,,, there is not even a single sentence of content , much less a few hundred words..

I believe the website should have actual written content on it,, not just all links.

But then again noone seems to know the meaning of mfa site,,, but i think the site mentioned is definitely an MFA site.

millst2, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  7. torunforever

torunforever Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I've been saying.

torunforever, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  8. normanmiller

normanmiller Peon

Best Answers:
    If you make a site and create your own content, either by writing something up or adding your original photos or self made logos then that is not a MFA site.

Just creating a site with adsense and using content that is not even relavent to the subject or fails to make any sense at all, then it is a MFA site.

There are thousands of different sites, with different purposes. I think it is normal for people to want to get income from a site they create. It is not up to us to determine who or what is legit, if people visit your site, move around within it and follow links within it then obviously somebody feels it is worthwhile because it achieved a purpose.

That is my short definition.

normanmiller, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  9. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:

Sure I could. I just want to stay neutral and not take sides. So lets get the facts straight and tell me how I should edit it.

You don't make MFA sites

You make 3-5 sites each week

You've suffered from some sort of punishment from Google

Is this correct?

Would it be accurate to say that "people who create multiple sites each week are likely to see less money from Google?"

I really don't mind editing the post, just the way you word some things, things you say and don't say makes me argee with Yo-Yo that you act as if you are hiding something. If someone calls me One-Legged Japanese Dyke, I'm certainly not goint to lose my sleep or ask moderators to shut down discussion. I'm quite fascinated by this MFA thing - I never had any idea you can make money this way.

YokoOno, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  10. MisterZee

MisterZee Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't make MFA sites

You make 3-5 sites each week

You've suffered from some sort of punishment from Google

Is this correct?
    PHP:
    I missed that part. I guess it's possible to make 3-5 sites a week. If that's all you do and you're a writer. But it does seem like quite a lot to do well.

MisterZee, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  11. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    I guess that's the question - does Google punish you for making too many sites?
    Also, dzcap, I'd like to hear some of sort of advice from you - I've read Joel Comm thread - it's really cool that your goal is five figures for this month. How long did it take you to get to this point?

YokoOno, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  12. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

How about editing your post? It's like the 3rd time I've asked you.

dzcap, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  13. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:

Edit it to what? I've asked you questions but you are not answering them.
    You said you aren't running MFA sites. I can add that. "dzcap, who is happened to be the member of this forum says that he does not run any MFA sites". Will this do?
    The thread isn't about you, really, it just so happened that WW had a discussion about this and your name was mentioned as someone who creates MFA sites and got punished by Google.

YokoOno, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  14. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    YokoOno, edit out my name completely. You can put a member at WW, just don't include my name. Why am I not answering your questions? Should be obvious, edit out my name! I am starting to wonder if you're David in disguise..

dzcap, Nov 16, 2005 IP
    nickr and sachin410 like this.
  15. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    nevermind, dzcap, does not look like I can edit my yesterday's post anyway - the button is not there. See if you can edit your yesterday's posts. Anyway, you are too pushy about this issue, which makes me wonder. Why aren't you answering any questions? Hiding something?

YokoOno, Nov 16, 2005 IP
    nickr likes this.
  16. Interlogic

Interlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Give the guy a break. Maybe he just doesn't want his name associated with spam sites.

Depending on your definition of MFA we can all be accused of creating them. (I am working on a site at the moment that I hope will generate revenue through advertising, does that make it a MFA?)

I think dzcap has explained his position and is fair enough to ask you to change his name in the original post TBH.

Interlogic, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  17. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    Doesn't look like I can edit my original post anyway. The "Edit" button is not there. Is it just me? The button is available for today post but not yesterday. Can you find some old post of yours and see if the "Edit" button is or is not there?

YokoOno, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  18. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    IIRC, you can only edit posts written upto 12 (or 24) hours previously.

jlawrence, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  19. Interlogic

Interlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like it's not possible. Strange setting if you ask me but hey..

Interlogic, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  20. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not a strange setting. It is to preserve conversations and prevent people from coming back long after the fact and altering history.

aeiouy, Nov 16, 2005 IP