1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OK, I got some traffic but how to earn money from it?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by wokaka, Sep 3, 2007.

1. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    my CPM is very low. Maybe I should start a new website which has more competition in it.

wokaka, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  2. surfaddict

surfaddict Active Member

Best Answers:
    sell some link at your site, maybe $5 per month or more than that. At least sale 5 text link with average $5, so direct income for that month is $25.

surfaddict, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  3. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    You need more traffic, you always need more traffic. Try use one of the many ad networks or sell links. There are many ways to make money on a site.

Emperor, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  4. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't want to sell a link, $25 per month is very small and risky. OK, i will try to get more traffic but still, I need to know how to increase CTR or is there any other good programs?

wokaka, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  5. KNEB

KNEB Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm I guess the traffic is the main output we want to have cuz you could see that CPM at .67 to CPM 1.45

KNEB, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  6. autorave

autorave Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a lot of traffic, I recommend contacting businesses and other webmasters to sell ads directly. Here's an article series on private advertising sales, which may help in some way for your website.

autorave, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  7. KNEB

KNEB Peon

Best Answers:
    Why dont you use the software to monitor your web?

KNEB, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  8. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you mean software to monitor my web?

@autorave: how to find advertisers? I don't want to sell links. Also I don't want to sell post, it's no different with selling links.

wokaka, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  9. inatmo

inatmo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you want to sell links?
    It's not actually risky at all.
    I sell links at one site and get 35$ every month. And plus get $$ from adsense at the same one.
    The CTR for Adsense depends only on placement and visuall appearance, I think so. If you have good traffic (real traffic not bought) so you have to experiment with your placement and appearance.

inatmo, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  10. autorave

autorave Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some articles at the bottom of the link I mentioned earlier.. check that out. And you're not selling links, you're selling banner ads.

autorave, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  11. Teunel

Teunel Guest

Best Answers:
    Are the ads relevant? If not, try to place even more content, you might get relevant Ads.

Teunel, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  12. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to know how to get money for a long run, selling links will be dead in the near future.

wokaka, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  13. Creep

Creep Peon

Best Answers:
    No, that would be in addition to your adsense.

Creep, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  14. TheSkepticGuy

TheSkepticGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    The "long run" means more traffic.

In the scheme of things, you're really not getting enough traffic for the kind of income you seem to be looking for.

The eCPM you're currently getting is not bad for your level of traffic. It's certainly not great... but it's firmly in the "average" range for a content site.

You'll need to grow your traffic to at least 100,000 views of pages that have ads on a daily basis before you get real sustainable revenue -- and 75% of daily traffic from new users. As you approach or surpass that range, an important thing happens for both Google AdSense and banner networks like TribalFusion, Value Click Media, Advertising.com, Casale Media, etc... your "reach" becomes marketable. You start to get higher-paying display ads in AdSense and better quality banners from the networks.

Another thing to pay attention to is the CPC price fluctuation on Thursdays. Your site might not have enough traffic for this (maybe), but Google rejiggers what it calls "Right Pricing" on thursdays... essentially paying better percentages to sites that supply quality ad-clickers. Again, getting better quality "ad-clickers" is a function of traffic and reach.

We've been there... daily content page views on our marquee site is now around 200,000... having grown from your general vicinity of traffic some four years ago.

TheSkepticGuy, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  15. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, with so many impressions, it is a waste to only rely on Adsense. Go for affiliate programs such as clickbank. I detailed some powerful tips on how to pick winners in clickbank that convert well in my free report. You can download from my signature.

If clickbank does not have related products that are relevant to your site, google "your website topic/keyword + affiliate program". ;)

homebizbuilder, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  16. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course I am trying my best to get more traffic as well. But the point I started this thread is how to earn valuable money with my "current" traffic, that's all. I'm not saying I want to make $2,000 or more per month with this kind of traffic, I just want to know why my CTR is so low and if there is any alternative beside adsense. If i have a question about traffic, I will start the other thread. Anyway, I started this website four months ago and I think it's not bad to earn 8,000-13,000 page impression per day within four months...without any paid links or advertisement. Completely natural.

wokaka, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  17. just wondering

just wondering Member

Best Answers:
    Does adsense not allow other banners , affiliates , word links ,etc if your using them? i was reading this thread and it appears in some parts , that it may get you banned from adsense?

just wondering, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  18. needAdvice

needAdvice Active Member

Best Answers:
    i like it. is very useful

needAdvice, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  19. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be nice to know your site, or get some picture about the layout you are using.

If majority of people (60%) are direct users, then they might possibly be more ad-sawwy than rest of the people, and are more or less ad-blind now (an assumption that I cannot say for sure). If this is the case, you might want to put more effort into giving affiliate products to your users.

Without knowing the template or colors, it's bit difficult to suggest ideas for CTR improvements, but the basic rules apply:
    - blue links are the best :)
    - 336x280 are very good, experiment with them
    - don't forget link units
    - try also scyscraper & wide ad unit to see how they perform.

Game Producer, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  20. kkulmi

kkulmi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah thats true CPM depends upon the keywords

kkulmi, Dec 21, 2010 IP