1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Cracks Down On MFA Sites

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by YokoOno, Nov 15, 2005.

1. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And yardcare.com probably stole it from some other site. Let's drop this, at least do it in another thread.

dzcap, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    Ian likes this.
  2. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    That lawnmower guy wasnt that bad, im sure many people who are *looking* for a site on lawn mowers, got some info out of that. And thats where I personally draw the line.

Here my idea of a MFA, http://www.msn002.com/77.php/game/free-game/

Check out his main page lol.. It looks like he was trying to make it when you did a search on his site, adsense ads showed up all the way to the right in the third column, but he couldnt get it working.

Check out his spam too, now thats quality. http://bmoretalk.proboards27.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=tranz&thread=1127290630&page=1

Worldwid, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  3. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    Worldwid, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats just a scraper site. Adsense has created these too. Not all of them, but sure made them more profitable.

Whoever posted that the content on the site I posted was stolen..good catch. I don't research em that far :)

www.bonsaihq.com is another scraper/MFA site. There are billions of them.

Google made most of the spam online by not policing adsense close enough; its really time they crack down on it.

lorien1973, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  5. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

Not really.. I have never made a site for adsense. I make a site and then monetize it. Different sites take different services. Some sites don't have any ads on them at all.

If you make a webpage with the entire purpose of making money with adsense, then you deserve to be smart-priced out of viability.

aeiouy, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    lorien1973 likes this.
  6. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience the only people who can't tell what a MFA is, are people who run MFA sites.

aeiouy, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    Smyrl and Worldwid like this.
  7. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Too bad I can't rate you for 2 posts in a row. That is so true.

aeiouy likes this.
  8. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, MFA sites are supposed to steal someone's content, right? Otherwise MFA creators would have to write their own content, which would significantly limit how many sites you can create. Or do MFA site owners hire professional writers?

YokoOno, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  9. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    There are hundreds of sites to get free content on. I think most are created using that content.

10. torunforever

torunforever Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh wow, how did I miss this thread. Complaining about Made For AdSense sites is my thing.

torunforever, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  11. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah, that I don't believe.
    Everyone who builds a site knows exactly what they've built.
    It's the average Joe user who doesn't know the difference.
    This afternoon, I had someone show me a site which they thought was great. We were talking about one of our favorite topics and they said <quote>come and look at this it's great - has links to everything I want</quote>
    When I looked, I couldn't believe it. It was a straight forward scraper site - with results scraped straight from the SERPs. I wasn't even well done - it still included the links to the cache and everything. But the user thought it was great - he'd even bookmarked it.
    So although scraper sites stand out a mile to us, the normal user doesn't give a fish - so long as they think the sites' useful then they use it.

I'm still stunned (4 hours later) that someone bookmarked a scraper site and kept going back to it.

jlawrence, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  12. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    dzcap, can you please give me some advice on content? Since you start 3-5 sites each week and these aren't MFAs, where do you get content necessary?
    Do you have in-house writers, do you contract the job out or take free articles and repost them? If you have writers, how do you pay them? By the hour, by the article, by word or some sort of profit sharing? I am really eager to learn, this sounds very cool.

YokoOno, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  13. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he's already explained.
    If I follow his strategy correctly, it's based on one person creating content for one site per week. The way I'd think of it is that you'd spend a day, possibly 2, researching the topic. Then 3 or 4 days writing content (articles). Given 24 hours solid (3 working days) how many articles could you knock out - I'd imagine quite a few. To scale up, you simply employ people to create sites.

14. torunforever

torunforever Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's something I had to say about MFA sites

jlawrence, I think the person you mentioned is that 0.1%. At least I hope so. There's no rhyme or reason for the information on a scraper page, other than padding the webmaster's keyword count. If there are a bunch of people out there that love these sites, then that's a problem. If someone you know came up to you lauding a crumpled up piece of paper with some out of context phrases from famous authors, and said, "wow, this piece of paper is great, it has everything I need to know about literature", would you sit back and let them believe that a piece of trash is great?

torunforever, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  15. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    OK, one hour for one article. So each of your sites would have few pages, around twenty to thirty. Is that good enough? How big should a site be?
    I'd also like to know more about getting others to create content for you. How do you compensate them? What's the appropriate pay rate for "content creators"? Why would they work for me, not for themselves?

YokoOno, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  16. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    As I said, it wasn't a site with random content (ie out of content phrases). It was simply results scraped directly from SERPs.
    The thing is that it was produced in such a way that all the content on a specific page was very specific to the page topic as was every page in the site (that I saw) - and that site was based around a specifc topic (home entertainment systems). I think that it was useful to the user in question simply because he didn't really know how to use the search engines to find what he wants - for example, he never know you could search enclosing your query in quotes to make the results even more specific. The user isn't exactly what I'd class as a non-techy, he understands many technical things. But it was obvious that he didn't know how to use the SEs. I'd imagine that there are a great many people out there that are like him - they are interested in a specific field (topic) and if they find a site that delivers what they think they want then they will use it. Over the period of time I was with this guy, he left the site via both adsense and the scraped links. Although it was obvious to me, he never saw any difference in the links he simply followed links that he thought looked useful.

17. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I've no idea what the going rate would be. But I know you can get decent articles written on a topic for $10 or less. An hour an article, I'd imagine that people could knock out a 300 word article in way less than that.
    Why would they work for you rather than themselves ? There are many people out there who can't grasp the idea of working for themselves - they'd rather be sheep and work for someone else.

18. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I have sites that are pretty much made for adsense that I think are better looking, built better and have better info then most real sites in their niches

ferret77, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    blackbug likes this.
  19. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Could you edit out your first post? I don't want to be tagged in the MFA crowed. Please.

dzcap, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    Mister Tut likes this.
  20. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dzcap seems to have a lot to hide :D

yo-yo, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    TommyD likes this.