1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Cracks Down On MFA Sites

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by YokoOno, Nov 15, 2005.

1. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    dzcap, if you're fed up of the discussion then simply don't join in with it - it's not compulsary you know :D

There are incredibly difficult to detect with an algo - at least if made well they are. Any decent MFA site would be made so that it appears as close to a 'normal' site as possible, thus very difficult to detect with an algo. They tend to stand out when visited by a 'normal' user - or at least one who has the faintest idea what they're looking at (which isn't very many).
    MFA (as in adsense) is a bit of a misnomer nowadays. MFA (as in advertising) would be a better description.

jlawrence, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  2. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am going to stop participating in discussions with him. Fed up is an understatement.

dzcap, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    Merkersarl likes this.
  3. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry, just trying to help. Good luck to you and your company. Ignore the nay-sayers

YokoOno, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  4. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    :D
    I'll make a judgement - they're probably crap along with the other 95% of the internet.
    But hey, I'm more than likely not the market that they're targetted at - so who gives a fish what I think.
    If you build that kind of site (ie MFA) and get hit by smart pricing, then throw up another boatload of the sites to make up for the drop in earnings. Smart pricing seems to go in cycles (which doesn't make sense to me) - I know people who have 0.10 cpc one week and 0.5 cpc a fortnight later then back to £0.10 14 days or so after that. That simply doesn't make sense, there is no way that conversions can change on that sort of regularity.

jlawrence, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  5. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not MFAs
    40 efficient working hours devoted to a specific site will produce very high quality results, times that by 3 people and you'll get 3 sites a week, 5 people and you'll get 5. It's not rocket science.

But again, no more discussion on this please.

dzcap, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    kneukm03 likes this.
  6. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    It's hard to believe that Google would even give legitimacy to an idiotic term like "made for adsense". It doesn't mean anything. 99% of websites are created to make $$. Adsense is not the only game in town. Either your website gives value to users, or it doesn't. Who gives a sh$@ what advertising program you had in mind when you created it?

Calling spam sites "pieces of crap (POC for short) makes a lot more sense than calling it MFA.

Sharpseo, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  7. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    That's an interesing idea - what if most AdSense sites are MFA sites? If that's true, why is it so bad to make several sites a week or even a day? Who's here to judge people who do that? 95% of the Internet IS crap, I totally agree with you.

YokoOno, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  8. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    DZcap may have red rep, but is not a troll and has almost 900 posts to his credit. He is obviously upset at this thread centering on him, and I can respect that.

Perhaps it is better to close this thread and start a more generic one on the MFA smartpricing issue. In fact I believe there is already a thread on this floating about.

Mister Tut, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    Merkersarl likes this.
  9. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    kawebspy, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  10. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    Can you place the link here? What are resources about MFA sites available, namely creating them and getting traffic? How do people make them? Manually or with software? How to get links? No one would probably want link to MFA sites, right?

YokoOno, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  11. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do wish google would give an example of what they think an MFA site is. I know what I think one is and what I deem an MFA. But google coming out and giving some sort of definition would be so much simpler.

lorien1973, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  12. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, MFA sites have no quality content. The content of it is merely full of high paying keywords. am I right?

13. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Most MFA sites look like decent sites. Some get a good PR (4 or 5 too) because they aren't scraper sites or junk sites. Most of them just have easily producable generic content on a given topic. These sites' obvious goal is adsense clicks. It doesn't offer anything other than that - products, affiliate links, or nothing. Just adsense.

14. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh okay. but are there other clearer example about it?

15. lorien1973

Best Answers:
  16. web-spy

web-spy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe Google smart-prices those sites by increasing what Google itself gets for a click. All MFA sites get just 1% of the click price, spam is gone, Google happy.

web-spy, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  17. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    No, and the points you make are good ones. There is no definition of it. It is an inherently flawed term. I think it is meant to mean a site of poor quality, does not offer anything to visitors, scraper sites, etc.

If you build an extremely high quality site, I can almost guarantee you have advertising in mind. Who cares if it's adsense, or YPN, or Adcenter, or Chitika, or CJ.com? What they are is MFP - made for profit. The term is flawed.

Edit - just read over program policies again. Google doesn't mention "Made for Adsense" in there. That must be a term coined by the webmaster community. Here's what I found:

Still, it's pretty bad. Who do they want to run adsense, universities?

Sharpseo, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    Merkersarl likes this.
  18. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    okay. seems more clearer explaination. thanks

19. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok, so since I was wrong (my apologies to all sides concerned), can anyone say definitively - does or doesn't Google punish MFA sites and their publishers?

YokoOno, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  20. DriveByPoster

DriveByPoster Peon

Best Answers:
    Lorien1973,
    The site you linked to has:

"If you're looking for top quality selection and great service, most experts say your best bet is to head to a dedicated lawn and garden equipment dealer. Chances are that a dealer will be better at recommending the type of riding mower or garden tractors that will best suit your needs."

Which apparently has been stolen from - http://www.yardcare.com/selectatool/ridingmowers.html

It has:
    "If you're looking for top quality selection and great service most experts say your best bet is to head to a dedicated lawn and garden equipment dealer. "Dealers tend to have higher-quality tractors and the quality of sales and service staff and parts availability can be very good, adds Parish." Chances are a dealer will be better at recommending the type of riding mower or tractor that will best suit your needs."

Interesting isn't it?

DriveByPoster, Nov 15, 2005 IP
    lorien1973 likes this.