1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My site in second page in google search?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Torans, Sep 3, 2007.

Hello i have just noticed that if i put in google search the main keyword for my WebSite it appears that i have one article on second page which links to my Site! So i was wondering is that good and how is it possible because i still got PR 0 and there is only one link which has been added to my Site around week ago ! What could you tell me about it ? Is that good news and i could get better PR by next update or is it just some random luck ? btw i have seen it there for at least 3 days !

cheers

vai

Torans, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  2. Kagato

Kagato Banned

Best Answers:
    The page that links to your page probably has high PR and so that article shows high on google.

It happends on loads of sites... including DP threads :D

Kagato, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  3. adamk1

adamk1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    sometimes it can be there for only a short time especially if its a new site then go away, but if you have quality content and a few good back links it may rank well, PR can take ages to change, Its possible to take 3 months + to change PR

adamk1, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  4. clickngo

clickngo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that if you put in good content regularly, over a period of a year you can be almost 100% sure that you will get your page appearing near the top in search results for your keywords. You have to of course run your page through a few online SEO tools to make sure things are the way they should be.

But you can be sure that Content Is King... everyone will agree with me for this one.

clickngo, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  5. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's good to have high ranking sites linking to your site for two reasons: click thru traffic & PR juice. Chances are that article is on a high PR page, which will pass some PR along to your site. Just remember that PR means very little. Traffic and more importantly revenue are the real numbers you're looking for. Write some more articles linking to your page and you should see it get a boost in the SERPs at some point.

davewashere, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  6. Torans

Torans Active Member

Best Answers:
    hmm thanks for your answers ! It is my added News article which i wrote on my Front page of the Site , so i hope it stays there and yes i got about 6000 backlinks quite few with up tp PR5! Could that mean something, could that mean that i am getting ranked higher ?

Could you give me some more info about this and a recomendation what should i do ?

cheers

Torans, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  7. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    The article is on a site some pr. It might stay on second page for a few days and then drop down. Sometimes the article can stay up for months.

It will help your site if the link to it is not a redirect or no follow link.

rcj662, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  8. Torans

Torans Active Member

Best Answers:
    ohh i understand now i am with you , i was hoping that maybe after all this time i am getting somewhere ( PR etc) but yeah as you said it could stay there just for some days and drop again :/ , ok however i will keep checking it and let you know how i am getting on with it !

cheers

Torans, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  9. four27pm

four27pm Banned

Best Answers:
    four27pm, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  10. cleanwater

cleanwater Banned

Best Answers:
    It quite depends on the keyword you used,what keyword did you used for

search?Google will indexed your site in two weeks as i think,If only few

people use the keyword you used,it is possible that to have your site index in

the second page.

cleanwater, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  11. Torans

Torans Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did use keyword Crysis for a search and there are many Sites about it for ages ! My site link is still in second page and it updated My latest news article shows now there from my front poge!

thank you

Torans, Sep 4, 2007 IP