1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do next?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Synchronium, Sep 3, 2007.

Hi,

My site is here. I've been doing little optimisations here and there for quite some time now, trying to tweak positioning of items on the page, creating a sitemap, using mod_rewrite etc, and I was wondering if anyone could perhaps take a look at my site and offer some suggestions as to what to do next?

One big thing I can think of myself is the meta tags - They're the same for every page. Should I rewrite these for every page, and should they only be specific for that page? Any examples would be welcome, because I'm struggling to think of what to write.

As for off-site "optimisation", I'm averaging about 6-7 irrelevant links a day through places like simplylinking and linkmarket. I'm also getting a few forum signature links here and a couple of other, more relevant forums. I'm happy with how this is going at the moment, it's just the on-site optimisation I need appraising.

Any suggestions welcome!

(Oh, and while you're there, check out my drag'n'drop shopping basket - I'm quite proud of it! The shop is here - Drag'n'drop the product images into the basket at the bottom of the screen, if you're using the latest IE or FF - Oh and don't worry, you don't have to buy anything, just let me know what you think! :p )

Synchronium, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Make meta tags for each page. I would make each page for a certain topic and do that for each topic you have. You can make a page for each product or service it only helps your site so take the time to do it.

rcj662, Sep 3, 2007 IP
    Synchronium likes this.
  3. Synchronium

Synchronium Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can see how to do that for each product - the keywords tag would obviously be full of keywords relating to the product.

But what should I do for say the shop main page, or the news archive, or the sitemap, or any other page (such as the Guide to IRC we have)?

4. Synchronium

Best Answers:
    ...No one else?

5. WPOSolutions

WPOSolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, all pages require unique meta-tags, use keywords that are relevant to the on page content.

create an xml sitemap and submit that to google.

Dont bother with getting irrelevant links especially from link farms. Try to get some keyword anchor text links from related sites within your niche.

WPOSolutions, Sep 3, 2007 IP
    Synchronium likes this.
  6. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does your site have any natural links? Without natural links all the on site optimisation in the world won't help you rank well.

mad4, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  7. KNEB

KNEB Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    I was about to buy and thought you are from our forum and could have discount :)
    Hey your graphics are too less for the products.
    Cheers and best of luck

KNEB, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  8. Synchronium

Best Answers:
    Ok, my to do list:

a) Meta tags - on it right now
    b) Natural links - I'm signing up to forums for our niche topic. Hopefully this will get me some reasonably relevent "natural" links from my signature and profile
    c) Product images - I was thinking about having a massive banner, say 100% width and about 300px high for each category. And I've been meaning to take some decent photos of our products for ages.

Anything else?

Thanks for the help so far. :)

Synchronium, Sep 4, 2007 IP