1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Questions about BANS

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by so5, Sep 2, 2007.

If anyone is using a BANS store with adwords, I have a quick question. What is the rough price range of the products listed on your site? Do you believe products generally have to have a minimum price for your to start breaking even?

And if you don't use Adwords....how do you promote your store?

thanks (green will be added)

so5, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  2. Colorfinger

Colorfinger Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same questions as you did. For some more insight, read my thread on the same subject here:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=456004

Myself personally, I am experimenting with my free MSN credits now. I don't get that many clicks daily so $50 will last a week. I am also in the process of building backlinks to my store right now.

Colorfinger, Sep 2, 2007 IP
    so5 likes this.
  3. wiiman

wiiman Banned

Best Answers:
    dont rely on adwords for traffic as thats the expensive route.

submit your bans sites to classified ads sites.. advertise a product ur bans site sells ad post link to the page..
    use things like craigslist, gumtree and usfreeads.. also any others u can think of

submit ur site to social network sites. got onlywire.com and submit there to.

also there is the bum marketing method. submit articles to article directories on your niche and include a link to your bans site.. and link exchange with relevant sites to your niche

hope that helps:)

wiiman, Sep 3, 2007 IP
    so5 likes this.
  4. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    you don't need adwords for bans. create backlinks naturally, blog and ping, it will do the same has adwords, better in the long term.

jonixkonios, Sep 3, 2007 IP
    so5 likes this.
  5. BJohnson

BJohnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Bans is a great product and I have made thousands with the ebay aff program. you have to work hard, be smart and try new niches. I also really like phpbay (probably more than bans) ....

I have tons of info about bans, ebay aff program and such on my video blog. Check it out if your interested in promoting ebay with bans. Link in sig below.

BJohnson, Sep 3, 2007 IP
    so5 likes this.
  6. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    And you can allways do your own BANS, if you want more power, that's the best solution. For myself i've BANS, i've a modified version of wordpress to work with ebay, and i've my own script to create mashups with ebay, cj, adsense and other content/revenues integration.

jonixkonios, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  7. so5

so5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    how long did it generally take for everyone to make money? I mean, I'm getting clicks (roughly 40 today) .. but nothing showing up in CJ. I imagine I may see something tomorrow when eBay updates...

so5, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  8. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made money with my first BANS store within 2 days using PPC. the sales in my niche are anywhere between $10-$100+. I was making about 2x as much as I was spending on adwords. Then my SEO efforts started paying off so I stopped the ppc.

i think it is all in you niche. every niche will have a diffenent CTR and ROI. I guess i just got lucky with my first one :D

i suggest researching the niche (keywords, competition, etc...) before buying a domain and investing your time into the site.

by the way, the creators of BANS just released v2.0 BANS, and it is sweet. many, many more options that I really wished they had when I first started

mohms, Sep 3, 2007 IP
    so5 likes this.
  9. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    When you read this, please laugh to yourself. Can someone explain what "backlinks" and "ping" are? I assume that "blog" is simply having a blog on the topic that is the subject of your niche.

Brent S, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  10. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    jonixkonios, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  11. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the niche and if the traffic is well targeted. If you sell oranges you need visitors that want to buy oranges, not just people searching about oranges.

jonixkonios, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  12. Johnbuk

Johnbuk Peon

Best Answers:
    HI, I am only just starting in this area and I have been looking at BANS but have also come accross Easy Niche Store easynichestore.com/index.php it works with normal websites and wordpress blogs. Has anyone used this or has any veiws on it, Thanks John

Johnbuk, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  13. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    They're all the same thing with small differences. If you know how to program php, you can do your own script, it's easy

jonixkonios, Sep 5, 2007 IP