1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The webhosts to stay away from

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gahoo, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mister-X

mister-X Peon

Best Answers:
    As you can see the title is 'The webhosts to stay away from'.

mister-X, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  2. gahoo

gahoo Peon

Best Answers:
    He is trying to fight the that i added them to the list.. You can ask any of the clients i had while i was with aznx..

They will tell you he uptime was HORRIFIC... you can even see on there site the uptime was garbage.

~Gahoo

gahoo, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  3. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Serverside tried to scam me but he eventually gave me my money back.....But i was dumb to purchase....
    But I use another hosting company that I only payed $1. a month i purchased for 5 years and im into 2 years so far and its the best ever. Never down and they are pretty fast......
    So some cheap ones are good.

superrichguy, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  4. Chris Blood

Chris Blood Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason people are cheap is because it attracts more customers and it will total up to more money selling cheap.

Chris Blood, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  5. Nick...

Nick... Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't know if I count as 'cheap'

But I try to keep my prices relistic.

such as these www.tryhosting.net/hosting.html

£1 per gb.

I was thinking about toping it to £3.50 per month. Any ideas?

Nick..., Sep 1, 2007 IP
  6. babydoll

babydoll Banned

Best Answers:
    shoutserv.com are the worst i have ever had to deal with!

babydoll, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  7. DarkCircuit

DarkCircuit Banned

Best Answers:
    ADIUNGO.COM = very bad.

DarkCircuit, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  8. sentest

sentest Peon

Best Answers:
    i would like to say vetrox isnt anything todo with shoutserv just because im a co owner of it doesnt mean its todo with shoutserv it is a completly seperate company and Xeonhosting used to be hosted with me until he got barred from the datacenters that i use because one he was racist to he hacked the servers because he felt like it 3 when i told him if he didnt stop i would terminate his account he started threatening me and my staff (so as you can see xeon hosts is one of te main reasons hsoutserv was un reliable) but a good thing is now iv got rid of any account abusing our services the server hasnt gone down in ages and our server load is averaging 0.80 you can ask any of my custoemr who has access to the server to see what the load is.please i am totally devoted to shoutserv as my customer know because i stay up till 4 am in the morning working on issues and if someone speaks to me before i sign off ill get on with it and somedays i havent actually gone to bed because thats how loyal i am to my customers.all i ask for is to stop spamming shoutserv especially those who brok the terms of server and didnt like their accounts being suspended.if i was really nasty i would post my abuse list of all my resellers who broke my tos and for what reasons.i would like ot add resellers its your responsibility to check your clients content and make sure it is all legal and is not breaking your master host's terms of service everyone thinks just becuase their a reseller doesnt mean they dont have to check for illegal content its up to the server owner todo that.i for 1 and so do lots of other hosting comapny's do not like resellers coming to me when iv suspended their accoutns saying its my responsibility to make sure that their hostees were not doing anything illegal and of suspended their accounts not the reselelrs well yes would normally but when you have more than 5 illegal things under your reseller ill suspend the reseller for failing to do his checks i do leave it 24 hours after iv discovered it before suspending.and the most comon thing is nulled ipb and vbulletin please stop using it and either use a free forum software or buy one not crack someone elses.and dream host was hosted with shoutserv until we terminated and the datacenter barred it for phising a bank site and stealing millions of clients online banking details this was discovered within 24 hours of being up now that shows my devotion to shoutserv please everybody stop spamming about my company i wish their was something i could do to prove that its no longer crap or has issues if anyone has an idea please pm me.

sentest, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  9. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm having real hard time trying to read this.I think that you are missing some dots and stuff.:)
    Anyway,i would like to add HostedFX to the list.They started good, but they had some down times in the past couple of months.It would be OK if they inform me to expect down time so i can turn off my campaigns and not lose any money,but they never do that.I had to change them.

speed100, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  10. sentest

sentest Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry im dyslexic and dyspraxic im supprised anyone can understand it

sentest, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  11. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    OK,sorry,didn't know.

speed100, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  12. sentest

sentest Peon

Best Answers:
    thats ok you wouldnt of done i just get along with my life

sentest, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  13. Nick...

Nick... Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey,

I am dislexic too!

I'm sorry to hear about that also.

It's hard to get on with life with spelling mistakes + words in the wrong order.

Nick..., Sep 5, 2007 IP
  14. sentest

sentest Peon

Best Answers:
    so you know what its like with people taking the mick out of the way you spell and the way you arrange words then im gald someone does

sentest, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  15. gahoo

gahoo Peon

Best Answers:
    that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Anyone else have anymore webhosts they would like to add?

gahoo, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  16. Chris Blood

Chris Blood Peon

Best Answers:
    prolley myezhost.net cause back when i was a n00b i bought a reseller off ebay from them and they closed 2 weeks later.

Chris Blood, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  17. RNelson

RNelson Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really really hate people offering unlimited gb space and bw etc for only $5 1 time fee etc why can't they just be normal hosts and stop overselling!

RNelson, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  18. jijigren

jijigren Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have problem with dot5 hosting. After being recommended by hosting review site, I feel confident that this company is good plus the price is quite cheap. I feel scammed because clearly stated in their homepage the mysql databases that we will received is unlimited. But I just received 5. When I ask them why, here is the answer:

Thank you for your contacting support.

We apologize for providing you with inaccurate information earlier, and we regret any inconvenience that may have caused you. Unfortunately, we do not support unlimited MySQL databases. In our platform we support only 25 MB databases. In your account MySQL database is set to 5. However, I increased the total number of limits of databases to 25MB.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are available 24x7.

Sincerely,

Nettie Nichols
    Customer Support

Not only that, their support form also got problem. For twice when I send support to tech, it goes to billing. For second time I make sure that I make proper selection on which support, but still goes to billing. And the billing reply back after days saying I need to write again message to support! Why not the Esteban guy from billing just forward my message to tech support?

I asked the tech support to install php ioncube loader as suggested by their live support. After few days they reply that they cannot do that. So I just installed the ioncube by myself and its work.

I already want to change hosting service as in the beginning I want a hosting service that give unlimited mysql databases. I believe there will be difficulties again in order to get my money back ( it is 90 days money back guarantee)

jijigren, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  19. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have also hosting for one of my websites with GoDaddy.It's fun trying to add domain without cPanel.I was trying and trying,than i contact support.After talking with support i just quit trying:).My advice:if you want hosting for multi websites,don't go to GoDaddy:).

speed100, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  20. shanX

shanX Peon

Best Answers:
    :D they dont offer multiple sites for the entry-level plan, they offer multiple sites for deluxe plan ;)

My advice: read plan features properly :p

shanX, Sep 6, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.