1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should Auctionads be one of the best affiliate programs available?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by profitline, Aug 29, 2007.

With a 100% earnings from your affiliates as a publisher, i feel auction ads should do well for you guys, since i wrote about auction ads on their new ads design recently what do you think about them? express and give opinions, thanks!:D

profitline, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  2. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's gone really downhill since it was sold.

ForgottenCreature, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  3. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, it was having problems before the sale, and things are now improving. Reporting is better now, and improvements are starting to still be made.

joeychgo, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  4. eflouret

eflouret Peon

Best Answers:
    joeychgo, you say that reporting is better now.
    What changes are you seeing? I see no changes at all, and I'm having near zero clicks when I used to have hundreds.
    Didn't you experience a huge drop in the number of clicks? Please, share your experience.
    Thanks

eflouret, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  5. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jeremy made soe kind of change on or about July 10th. Things started to go haywire then. Clicks, impressions and revenue dropped for me, and msot others. ABout 2 weeks thereafter, he sold it to mediawhiz. It took them some time to start getting things together. My data started to improve again last week. I dont know if its perfect, but its better.

Its a hard thing to deal with on AA's end because they ahve to not only deal with their own server and tracking issues, but also deal with commission junction's regular tracking issues. But eBay has an exclusive with CJ so its hard to go around them. It just adds to the problems.

joeychgo, Aug 29, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  6. eflouret

eflouret Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I guess so. Dealing with third party tracking system must be a pain.

Just wanted to know, because I don't want to email them with this issue until I'm sure that they have sorted things out and my problem is really a problem with my account and not a general problem.

Thanks

7. eflouret

eflouret Peon

Best Answers:
    In the end, I don't care much about clicks. It's the earning column what I'm worried about.

Perhaps when I had a lots of clicks or a high CTR, it was a glitch in the system. But on June I made $560 and that dropped to $160 last month and $120 this month.

I've been a lot of time dealing with affiliate programs and it is not very common this kind of fluctuation. It can be possible, but it surely raises a red flag.

8. Entrep

Entrep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have it running in a banner spot way down the page on the left column, a place that never made money before. Now I make over $100 per month with it (compared to $600/month before with AA).

But because it was non monetized before I am keeping it.

Entrep, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  9. Actor Mike

Actor Mike Peon

Best Answers:
    In answer to your question: It should be...but it's not.

I'm going to keep persevering with it for a little while longer but unless the guys at MediaWhiz do something pretty impressive really soon, I'll be dropping it.

Actor Mike, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  10. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    wtf are you talking about? I did no change on july 10th.

Shoemoney, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  11. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just went to crap on it's own did it?

For many many many (did I say MANY?) publishers AuctionAds has not been the same since the 10th of July. If it was not something that was changed by you (or yours) at the time, then it must fall down to changes someplace else *shrug* Though if that's the case, maybe change was in order on the 11th.

Sorry you get blamed for a lot of this, but you must understand, things turned bad under your flag and have yet to have a true upswing...a few good days yeah, but nothing like the joys pre-july 10th.

I mean just look at the numbers from all these people. $600 down to less then $100, and the story is told by many. That has to be more then just a few pages gone unpopular. Though, we as publishers need to stop blaming you. While the issue started when the place was yours, you conveniently bailed out, so now our finger pointing needs to stay wagging at the new owners ~ Media Whiz.

Qryztufre, Aug 30, 2007 IP
    joeychgo likes this.
  12. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

http://www.auctionads.com/blog/ad-serving-scheduled-maintenance/

For me, thats when things seemed to really start having troubles, around that time, maybe a day or two later. I always assumed the troubles were related. My clicks from July 11th-31st were 35% lower per day average then from July 1-10 an my earnings were down 50% for the same period. So assuming the decrease in stats and the "maintenance" were related is a natural assumption. If my assumptions were incorrect, I sincerely apologize as it was not my intent. I was also not criticizing, but only trying to point out the timeline of the problems.

joeychgo, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  13. eflouret

eflouret Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still not leaving Auction Ads. But I need to know which figures (CTR and earnings) were correct. The pre July 10 or the post July 10.

In my opinion, the pre July 10 were figures too good to be true, including earnings. But the figures that came afterwards, are too bad to be true.

It is not a matter of having an "I'm sick of it, I'm pulling the ads out!!" attitude. That's not something smart to do considering that on June earnings were so good.

It is just a matter of knowing the true potential of Auction Ads, which is Godsend for us international webmasters.

eflouret, Aug 30, 2007 IP
    joeychgo likes this.