1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

questing regarding crawl and indexed pages...

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by millst2, Nov 12, 2005.

Hey guys quick question,,,

I have a site and recently ran into an issue.. The site had like 800 pages indexed in google,, then the site went down monday ( shoddy host and there sql sucks) and google crawled the site. But now I have only 17 pages indexed in google.

The site is not banned,, but the question is ,, did the pages fall out the index due to the fact that the server was down when google crawled it? I have never expierienced anything like that before... I did contact google but have not recieved a reply as of yet... the site still has the same PR but the lack of pages is hurting my revenue..lol///

The site hasnt crawled again since the 8th which seems like a long time... any ideas or suggestions, or if anyone has had this happen before ,, how long before I can expect to see some pages reindexed...

Many Thanks,
    Mill

millst2, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  2. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes.

When googlebot finds your pages active again on its next visit. If you have good links pointing back to you, it's just a question of time.

webmistress, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  3. millst2

millst2 Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks webmistress,,,

I was kind of concerned,,, its a hard thing to see when your a fairly new webmaster when all your indexed pages get the ghost overnight...

well atleast it is good to know they will be back,, I have moved the site to a new server,, dont want this to happen again..lol

thx again
    mill

millst2, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  4. millst2

millst2 Guest

Best Answers:
    well now to add to the equation the last crawl google did was on the 13th and it wasnt the deepbot that crawled..maybe the freshbot... but it was only for 6 hits. The indexed pages on google still holding at 17 pages,, Does anyone know a timeframe on the reindexing? Am i Looking at 3-4 weeks to get reindexed? And if the freshbot crawled my site will it either reindex the other results it removed when the site was down, or do you think it will make a deepcrawl soon,,, only worried because as of now it looks like I am going to lose about 600-700.00 this month. Sql went down on the 8th google crawled while it was down,, and now it is the 16th and still not seeing any change in the count of indexed pages... Now it looks as if 93% of my traffic is coming from yahoo and only 3% coming from the 17 pages indexed by google... I guess it just goes to show how much google can and will effect your traffic an rankings/earnings....

Need some advice, if anyone knows a way to get the site reindexed quicker.
    I placed links on my other sites that had higher PR,, but now doing much for me..

Mill

millst2, Nov 16, 2005 IP