1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I banned by Google? Huge Rankings DROP

Discussion in 'Google' started by James Dean Nash, Aug 30, 2007.

No this did not happen to me....I hear this all of the time people losing rankings and they feel that they have been banned by Google.....These are some questions you might ask yourself to answer your question.

Am I stilled indexed? If you are you are not banned.

Do I have a well rounded inbound linking structure? Such as links from articles, press releases, forums, blogs, reciprocal links, DMOZ, Yahoo directory, Microsoft small business directory, BOTW....meaning do I have any links that will pass trust and authority to my site to help stable out my rankings..

Did I buy way to many links to fast? I suggest not buying to many sitewide links because most of them will only give you one anchor text which sometimes can look like spam and your gaining to many links to fast. If you are buying links for the sole purpose of gaining rankings try to get them in text so they don't look like they are paid.

Is my site fairly new? If you are a young site usually younger than a couple of years old. If your site is fairly new in most cases it will take awhile for you to establish stable rankings because most likely you have not gained well rounded links and Google looks at the age of your site as a factor in the Algo.

Do I have a good internal linking structure? Basically your site is your way of telling Google that this page is important to them, your visitors and you. So if you are not linking to pages in your site then why in the hell would Google think that page is important. Use your internal linking and link to pages of value to you, your visitors and Google.

Do I update my site regularly with new, unique, on topic and worthy content at least a couple hundred words? If you don't update your site then Google is going to lose interest in it period!

Are my site categories relevant to my topic? Basically look at your site and just take a gander and ask yourself if they are relevant to each other or synonymous to one another. Page relevancy!
    Please feel free to add your thoughts and suggestions.

James Dean Nash, Aug 30, 2007 IP
    yogesh sarkar and Guo Hong like this.
  2. yogesh sarkar

yogesh sarkar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good points

yogesh sarkar, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  3. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    your article is really good.

those are the answers of the most asked and stupid questions:)

trichnosis, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  4. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    DP can we please get a sticky? This comes up every day all day.

5. Ohene

Ohene Guest

Best Answers:
    Yup, looks like you got banned. :(

Ohene, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  6. gio

gio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for this nice tip.

gio, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  7. ivenms

ivenms Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips...

ivenms, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  8. mirainfo

mirainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well posted info :)

Is a common question by many people.

mirainfo, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  9. bomberman

bomberman Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a nice post. And yes it is a common question by most of us.

bomberman, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  10. amaze

amaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post!

I think this is why my site has dropped right down the SERPS. So I know prevention is better than cure, but how should we go about rectifying it? We could t email where we have links, but to be honest I'm not sure we will get replies...

Any ideas as I'm sure were not the only ones! :)

Thanks

amaze, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  11. keighery

keighery Peon

Best Answers:
    Google rankings are like the most stressfull thing you could do in life. When we lost all our sites in sep 2003 in what ever update it was, I started focusing on yahoo and msn. I stopped worring about google and what do you know. Because i did not care about google rankings, they just loved my new sites and decided to rank them high. Know it was almost a year later. To this day I never worry about google. I love reading and writing on the forums about google to let everone know that there is always another way to make it online outside of google.

keighery, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  12. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    yes indeed you can make it outside of Google...but you just cant overlook Google's market share and growth.....All of the other engines combined dont equal Google.

13. four27pm

four27pm Banned

Best Answers:

just practice to have natural links back to your site, taking it slowly but surely

if you paid for those link, why not request for modifying it? Goodluck

four27pm, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  14. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Who?

Hey, I uploaded sitemap for blog and it was in the index in a few days, then a few days later it was gone. What caused that? Is it normal for a new submission? I used the site:domain.com query in google's webmaster control panel for checking status. poof!

Karen May Jones, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  15. andy75

andy75 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used the same way. I was unlucky with Google and stopped pay attention about pr and updates. I had really good rank on Yahoo and then suddenly i found out that i on first page for 3 main keywords on Google. Looks like then less you worrying about Google then better.

andy75, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  16. mji2010

mji2010 Active Member

Best Answers:
    my rankings dropped earlier this month and came back today. I stopped depending on google a while ago.. it is too ify.

mji2010, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  17. IEmailer.com

IEmailer.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good and well written article, Well help newbies in DP.

IEmailer.com, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  18. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I don't know who it was but some jerk gave me negative rep on this....That's kinda messed up...ARE you mad because your serps dropped? Are you a hater or a wannabe SEO...All I have to say is YOU "Get a Life" you freaking hater!!!
    And with quite a few people saying thanks, and nice tips and I had positive rep on this article you still will always have some jerk that has to hate.

James Dean Nash, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  19. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good points....the buying links too fast is kinda tricky though....What is your site gets dugg or slashdotted...you can gain potentially tens of thousands of links in a short period of time....it can look like you bought those links

oseymour, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  20. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    Well plain and simple you'll get penalized most likely....But then once Google sees that the links are credible the filter will come off. I myself have had a couple of sites get penalized for gaining to many links too fast and after a couple of days they went higher up than before in the serps. So I believe the filter is in place and will affect you until G realizes their credible.

James Dean Nash, Aug 31, 2007 IP