1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Giving negative itrader

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Cypherus, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi there,

I've been working with a member of this board, who's name shall be renamed anonymous for now, who promised to deliver his services a long time ago, but still haven't goten it done, even though were far past the deadline. The member had a good rep, so I agreed to pay him 30% up front. Now, these last few days I haven't managed to get in touch with him, so I'm starting to think he might have scammed me for the money, since he's not replying anymore.

Here is the case - I want to give him a negative itrader, but what if he gives me one back? I haven't really done anything wrong here, so will I have any kind of protection against him giving me negative itrader back?

Cypherus, Aug 28, 2007 IP
    Jarodboy likes this.
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    There is no protection; however if you look at the issues involved when two members trade negative itrader it is usually apparent which one deserves it.

Smyrl, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  3. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but I don't figure it's going to be easy explaining to a potensial customer/trader/seller/buyer here on DP why you don't have a 100% positive itrader, when they probally won't even bother to check up the story.

It's pretty anoying. You can't really give negative itrader to those who deserve it because of this..

4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Itrader is there for a purpose. I never new a company yet that pleased 100% of their customers.

Smyrl, Aug 28, 2007 IP
    Gnet likes this.
  5. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but I still it's unfear that I can get a red rep when he's the scammer..

6. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Listen , I have A LOT of itraders so I can talk from experience,

Someone just left me a negative I trader the other day and I deserved it, because I was supposed to pay for a domain and well I was just to busy and keep blowing it off,

Now I have 426 + I traders , and some negative as well

But - I didn't return one cause it was my fault and I deserved it

So - Go with what Shannon says , just leave it and have no fear

If he does leave one back and just for spite you can use the report button next to the itrader and if he was really wrong he could get an infraction ( happened to me once )

So thats real advice from a real member,

Now - the choice is your at the end

Hope that helped you in some way

sundaybrew, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  7. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just send one last PM asking for the job done, if he reads it and keeps ignoring you, just leave negative...
    That why it exists. ;)

Jarodboy, Aug 28, 2007 IP
    Cypherus likes this.
  8. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    Every person has the right to its own opinion, so why do you think is fair just for you to leave him negative i trader? Maybe he is also unsatisfied about your purchase and he deserves the right to let you negative itrader.
    Whenever i feel the need to leave red rep or negative i trader i just do it, and so far i have not got any problems. (not that i would care too much).

nickflame, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  9. Gnet

Gnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Well ya know i do :D :D :D

OP, the itrader is there for a reason whether its true or false its an opinion from a buyer/seller on your reputation.

Gnet, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  10. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest you wait another couple days (maybe he broke his leg and is in the hospital? :) ) Then leave a negative feedback... He'll probably give you a bad one back (look at mine for example, i just got one)... but like Smyrl said, most people will be able to tell if you deserved it or not...

tarponkeith, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  11. dpsubi1

dpsubi1 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am also in exact same position like you. I sent many PMs and mails to a DP member, but he never replied.

I decided and gave him negative iTrader. I don't mind whether he gave me back one. But, atleast it will alert & help DP community. :)

dpsubi1, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  12. Emathia

Emathia Active Member

Best Answers:
    If he neglects the system, just let a staff member know :)

Emathia, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  13. Brennan

Brennan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That won't do anything.

Brennan, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  14. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    Like I said, he took the money and don't respond me. How could that in any way be my fault?

Cypherus, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  15. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's not an a properly worded iTrader will reflect that. If red itrader is given in return, then most people should see the reasoning behind that as well.

Now think of this. What if this has been common practice for that member? Potentially I could do a few deals, screw someone, do a few more deals, screw someone. People fear getting reds in return, and that fear can fuel the scammers.

Look around the Suggestions forum and see all the threads just like this one about people unsure about leaving some red in fear of getting some.

Now if some of those folks would have done the right thing and used the system, maybe you'd not be in this mess...You had a bad deal, now show the rest of us!

Q

Qryztufre, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  16. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    I do of course agree with you, Qryztufre. The only thing is that I don't want to break my 100% rep (even tought a only have a few itraders) just because of some jerk off who scammed me. That would mean I'de be punished twice..

17. mafostedu

mafostedu Peon

Best Answers:
    At present, I don't think you can prevent him by any means from giving you a -ve itrade, but I can suggest one thing to the moderators or admins for your case. If you can see on ebay, there is an option for your explanation if you receive any negative feedback for any sale. You can mention your comments besides the buyers/sellers negative feedback to you. If this is possible you will not need to bother your customers to read the whole story about your situation for getting that -ve feedback. If this could also be possible here on DP, your purpose could be solved.

mafostedu, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  18. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    *ponders*

Remind me to keep an eye out for your next thread asking for services...maybe we could work out a deal *rubs hands in a greedy nature*

I'm not saying you were scammed, and I am not saying the person you are talking about is a scammer...though, if you would rather spend 30% to keep a perfect record, then by all means point me to your next deal. I know I could use the money...

Qryztufre, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  19. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe, you wish.

I've given him 24 hours to return the money, or else..

Qryztufre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.