1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum owners - we must unite! Please read. Thank you.

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by hugodiaz, Aug 26, 2007.

?

Do you want to make your forum better and have enough time to make two clicks daily?

1. Yes, great idea, rep added!

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No, I'm so busy two mouse clicks just can't be done!

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Yes, great idea and I also want to have a post exchange!

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
    Q: What do new forums need for success?
    A: They need posts and members to make it appear active and thereby entice new members to join and also become active.

If we combine our forces we can push each other towards success.

Here is what this exchange requires:
    1)We all join and visit each others' forums once daily. You must log in so it can be tracked.
    2)If two forum owners can add value to each others' forums and they have agreed on certain terms and conditions, then they will post on the forums.

Here is some advice for #1. After you join the other forums, simply bookmark all the tabs (if you are using Firefox :) ) and create one folder called maybe "DP Exchange" Then each day all you have to do is open that folder once and half of your work is complete. This only requires 2 clicks! Please don't tell me you can't spare the time to make two clicks on your mouse. So even if you can't agree to a post exchange you can at least benefit from a membership exchange. ;) Of course you can always add more bookmarks to this folder later, making the task of logging into the other forums a piece of cake.

Here are my terms for # 2, and everyone else can feel free to make their own terms. I can agree to weekly post amounts; Ex --> 25-30 posts per week. I can't agree to daily amounts because sometimes something might come up unexpectedly which might prevent me from having enough time to make posts for that one day.

Here's the deal, we will both post and will only stop when someone wishes to call it off. If the deal is called off though, whoever is behind in terms of post count will have to continue to post to make up the difference.

On my forum, I prefer if you avoid the "this or that" and "true or false" threads from the general area and also the entire jokes area; unless someone asks a question in which case, feel free to answer.

Anything else you desire can be worked out later. I'm very flexible, so if there's anything you need, just let me know.

PS: I do not want it to be known that you are only at the forum because we are trading posts, I think this might spoil the atmosphere a bit. :D

Because after 24 hours or something like that I will no longer be able to edit this post, I added a special page to my website where we can check for the updated member list. I also created a simple MS Excel worksheet so that if you also arrange for post exchanges you can easily keep track of your position and members that you have agreed to exchange with. Both of them can be found here:
    Current PE member list
    Excel tracking worksheet

Ok, so don't wait any longer, please provide the following information if you would like to join this group:
    1) DP username
    2) PE username - the username you will use for the post exchange
    3) Your forum's url

Here is my information for your convenience:
    1)hugodiaz
    2)hugodiaz
    3)http://www.daxueyingyu.com/forum

REMEMBER: Even if you are not going to be making a post exchange you need to visit all the forums daily. To get accepted to the list please join all the forums listed. Current PE member list

1) hugodiaz - hugodiaz - http://www.daxueyingyu.com/forum
    2) ? ? ? - ? ? ? - http ://yourforumhere!

Please submit feedback for members so that everyone knows who is and is not doing a good job. Also please have the courtesy to inform us if you no longer wish or are able to continue. Finally I don't think it's too hard to simply say hello when you join a forum, so I hope we can all at least do that.

Use this thread for questions, comments or to submit your information please. I hope I didn't forget anything...

Thank you. :cool:

hugodiaz, Aug 26, 2007 IP
    Candio and miniclipz like this.
  2. miniclipz

miniclipz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hello, i like the program.
    I will join it. Already joined your forum. (the only one listed in the list).

Here's my info.

1) DP user: Miniclipz
    2) PE user: djeby
    3) http://TheWebmasters.info

Please PM me to agree on the post exchange terms (post number, visits etc).

Regards,
    Vlad

miniclipz, Aug 28, 2007 IP
    hugodiaz likes this.
  3. hugodiaz

hugodiaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok, thanks for joining miniclipz.

Haha, we still need more people!
    Come or where are all the forum owners? Even if you wouldn't like to join, feel free to say why so that we can consider revising the rules or the terms and conditions etc. It would be good to get some feedback. ;)

Keep the forums coming.

Remember that the updated list can be found here.

hugodiaz, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  4. souljaa

souljaa Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    souljaa, Aug 28, 2007 IP
    hugodiaz likes this.
  5. tasari

tasari Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sound like a great idea. Is it only specific theme forums ? All webmasters ? Or all sorts ? I have an animals/pets forum :)

tasari, Aug 28, 2007 IP
    hugodiaz likes this.
  6. hugodiaz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    All forums are ok for me to register and visit every day, but there are some forums that I cannot post on simply because I don't think I will be able to add value.

You are welcome to register on all of these forum here to have your forum added to the list. If you would like to arrange a post exchange the onus is on you to contact the individual forum owners to discuss that.

Feel free to let us know your forum's url. Personally, I think I would be able to have a post exchange with you because I love pets!

Either send me a PM or post here if you would like to trade posts with me. Haha, but have a look at my forum first to see if you can add value and seamlessly integrate with my community. :cool:

7. VietXKosuke

VietXKosuke Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey!,

I remember you lol. I'd be interested in this. Just let me get something straight though: I bookmark the pages there, and what? Open each one a day? And if possible - post?

1) VietXKosuke
    2) eliteKaiser
    3) http://www.vietxanime.com/forums.php

VietXKosuke, Aug 28, 2007 IP
    hugodiaz likes this.
  8. hugodiaz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you want to post, you need still need to come to individual agreements with the various forum owners, but we should all visit each others' forum at least once per day. Haha, I should say we should all login to the other forums every day, because if we just visit it's not traceable.

Btw, I would like to exchange posts with you again!

Please send me a PM.

Who else is interested? Come on, join us and watch the activity on your forum grow! :D

9. rick sample

rick sample Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just got your PM a few days ago... I needed time to read over it a little bit. I'll get in on this!

1.)Rick Sample
    2.)Rick
    3.)http://www.mcrparts.com/forums

Give me a few minutes to get the links setup. By the way everyone, the easiest way to do this is:

1. Visit each site, register, etc. Then login once and click "Remember Me" so that you won't have to login each time you visit the site.
    2. Create a folder to put a direct link to everyones forum.
    3. Instead of clicking on each link to open... left click on the folder you created with all of those links in it and select "Open all in tabs". :)

I'm not sure if that was mentioned earlier or not... but this way it will only take you 2 seconds per day to complete!

By the way... I am also looking for one forum owner to exchange 7 posts a week with me on my forums. They all can't be at once... so if you want to post 3 on monday, 4 on Thursday, etc or 1 a day for 7 days... that will be great. As long as your post count stays around 1 post a day. I'm looking for someone who would like to do this for at least a while or until you can't do it anymore because of other stuff going on. :)

rick sample, Aug 29, 2007 IP
    hugodiaz likes this.
  10. hugodiaz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Haha, yes that's what I said before. ;)

Ok, you forum has been added to the updated list. Hopefully we can get a few more people in on this.

To everyone else, if anyone on the list has not as yet joined your forum, or is not visiting daily, please let me know so that we can PM them or remove them from the list. If we slack off now it will not work.

Let's keep growing. :D

hugodiaz, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  11. jac4593

jac4593 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    jac4593, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  12. Candio

Candio Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's a great idea and have registered and logged in at the forums for the last two days for a good half an hour, minimising the tabs but don't think some have even registered on mine. :(

Candio, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  13. guardian77

guardian77 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ill bookmark all of u and visit daily... if you visit my site. my visiting is 100% guaranteed.

please pm me all with your site details and ill give you my site to register.
    thanks

guardian77, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  14. jac4593

jac4593 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah same here, Im registering at all the forums now.

jac4593, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  15. hugodiaz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry about that, I have sent PMs to everyone who I don't think has been performing well to remind them of their duties. If they don't respond soon, or start visiting the forums on a daily basis, I will remove them from the list.

For all the newer members, please remember to PM the other forum owners to let them know you have joined their forum as they may not always check this thread.

Thanks! :)

EDIT: The members I think are doing this properly are: "rick sample" (rick), "jac4593" and Candio. The rest have registered on my forum, but I don't think they have been visiting on a daily basis. :(

hugodiaz, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  16. miniclipz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hello again,
    Sorry for the inactivity. I was on a trip for about 5 days. I couldn`t keep my part of the deal, but now i`m back. I registered, on the new forum list. I will now visit all the forums daily. I will start posting as soon as i finish my forum (need to reinstall the script) - DB is ok. ;)
    I`ll be back with news, as soon as my forum is completed.

Edit:

I realized that:

http://fmkings.000webhost.com/index.php

Is not currently working. Is there a problem with the uptime now, or is it gone ?...

Edit 2: Ok, my forum is back, and running. Feel free to pm me for a post exchange "contract" too. (we`ll settle the terms via PM).

miniclipz, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  17. hugodiaz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    miniclipz, try going to http://fmkings.co.nr instead.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I have sent jac4593 a message about this.
    Hopefully it's just a temporary problem.

I'll probably PM you about a post exchange this week. Hopefully we can agree to something. ;)

hugodiaz, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  18. miniclipz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok, i`m open for posting exchange. Anyone who wants to exchange posts, just PM me

miniclipz, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  19. hugodiaz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's probably a good idea to just PM people from this thread with forums you think you can make quality posts in.

Please read my requirements above, and if everything is acceptable to you then we can exchange posts. :)

hugodiaz, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  20. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    SFOD_D223, Sep 7, 2007 IP