1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you use other folks articles for content ?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bluegill_catcher, Aug 28, 2007.

On the article submission sites there are tons of articles, and we are generaly allowed to use these on our websites if we properly place all the correct copyrights, links, etc to the author for his/her credit do.

Now the big question is: How many of you use other peoples articles on a regular basis as website content, of course if the articles are relevant to your sites subject ? Or, must we always use newly written articles, because of search engine penalties for duplicate content, etc ?

bluegill_catcher, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  2. sparksflying

sparksflying Peon

Best Answers:
    You are probably best to write your own articles.

Or Pay someone to write some for you :0)

Theres kazillions of sites using Article websites rss feeds as content but ive yet to see one of these producing some serious cash...

Im currently carrying out experiment with 2 wordpress rss feed sites.

Both pull from RSS.. One rewrites url , title , content. The other doesnt.

Majority of hits are to the "unique" one........

sparksflying, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  3. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless it is specified that the content is free you should always assume that it is not OK to take content and repost it on your own site. As soon as something has been finished the copyright is immediately assigned to the writer. Even if there is no copyright notice appearing anywhere on the site it's still assumed that the copyright is held by the creator.

This is precisely the reason why people hire writers to create content for them.

chant, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  4. chaos4u

chaos4u Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree...

I have two websites that use other people's articles and one is indexed with Google and another website is not. I am currently rewriting all content just because of Google's duplicate content filter.

chaos4u, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  5. Remotay

Remotay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And by unique, you mean the one you stole and rewrote, right?

Remotay, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  6. sparksflying

sparksflying Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope not stolen , re-written.. .I dont say anywhere that its my own...

( Thats if its me your addressing Remotay..)

sparksflying, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  7. Remotay

Remotay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By re-written, you mean changed a few words, used a few different synonyms? Theres no such thing as simply re-writing an article. The only genuine legitimate way to do so would be to read the article, Research the topic on your own, and write about it in your own words / opinions from scratch.

Remotay, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  8. scriptillusion

scriptillusion Peon

Best Answers:
    Original Content is key. If you are just using a free article that is already out there that has probably been duplicated a bunch of times already it will not perform as well. Or help your site to perform as well!

scriptillusion, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  9. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have to make writing a habit. Original articles will always bring better results.

webcosmo, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  10. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to use others articles it's honestly best to break them down and reword them leaving the original source of course.

Gatorade, Aug 28, 2007 IP
    Remotay likes this.
  11. mullman99

mullman99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its always best to write your own content. there are a lot tools out that for article spinning that are available if you want to change the article around a bit to post on different sites but you need to start off with original content or you will be penalized by google.

mullman99, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  12. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Re-written or stolen content and you're asking fro trouble. I know people that lost sites and adsense accounts because of that mistake...

All it takes is one upset writers to file some DMCA papers. If there are two things I have learned online its never upset a writer or other webmasters with powerful sites.

Don't think Re-written content will clear when a writer or webmaster is looking.

ConstantContent, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  13. jmoe

jmoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Original content is always best, but as a compromise, you could opt to use a mixture of both to give your site a boost.

An idea that you may choose to use - when including someone else's article on your site, choose an article that you can comment on. Add your brief comments about the article on the same page. This gives you semi-unique content that you did not have to write from scratch.

You should always give the original author credit when using content from directories...

jmoe, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  14. Cheatingcatcher

Cheatingcatcher Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a site with a mix of unique content and related articles from ezinearticles.com. Of course, I keep the author's bio box intact. My site does very well in the search engines.

I think it's best to start your site off with original content. I'd say to write or have a ghost writer write 5-10 articles of original content. Then, once those pages get indexed by the search engines, esp. Google, then you can start adding some content from article directories. As previously stated by the others, just ensure you keep the bio box intact. Keep adding fresh content of your own too.

Jason

Cheatingcatcher, Aug 31, 2007 IP