1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how many of you left your day job ??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sam1, Nov 9, 2005.

1. evilmonkeyspanker

evilmonkeyspanker Peon

Best Answers:
    I am currently working on a really great site that should impress you guys though.. Kind of the same old crap... Just presented in a way I think I will lead to 2-3000 active members a day

evilmonkeyspanker, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  2. evilmonkeyspanker

evilmonkeyspanker Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally couldn't drink that much booze myself:D

evilmonkeyspanker, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  3. letsmakeamillion

letsmakeamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Realistically, assuming someone is already working an 8 hour a day job, how long should it take to make enough to be able to leave the job?

If you work an 8 hour job, your daily time management has to be razor sharp, otherwise where will you get the time to tend to your online biz??

that is the problem I am having.

how many hours of sleep a night is enough anyway??

letsmakeamillion, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  4. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    I only slept four hours a night last month. It sucked but paid off. I worked my ass off to get ready for the big quit.

zman, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  5. letsmakeamillion

letsmakeamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I figure 6 hours of sleep a night would be enough.. since I work 2nd shift that means I have to go to sleep at 12 midnight and wake up around 6 or 7 in morning.. then work on my online biz till 2:30 pm...

I hate working for someone else! everyone else always telling me what to do.. and doing 'favors' for other employees so that they look better when their review comes up....

Corporations do not make windfall profits by paying enormous sums of money to employees.. the rich are those at the top.. and online biz is one stepping stone in that direction!

letsmakeamillion, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  6. Hoang

Hoang Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't even have a job yet .
    However, I don't think I will leave my job , because I don't want to live a boring life infront of the computer all the time.

But if you think about having a job, your income would be more stable than staying at home and sometimes do nothing at all.

For me, my income is never stable. It's like a roller coster ... going up really high some days, and really low some days (as low as $1)

So you might want to consider not to leave your job.

Hoang, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  7. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha.. I don't think any amount of money is worth your health. I know I've seen a show on discovery channel before about sleep. They say each day whatever you miss puts a toll on your body that can never be "made up" (like sleeping 12 hours on saturday to make up for 4 hour days on the week).

That has never stopped me though..I've always been borderline insomniac so 5-6 hours a day during the week and 10-12 weekends has been me for about 10 years :(

yo-yo, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  8. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    me? I stop looking for job because of Adsense. And because of Adsense I build my own internet cafe.

Internet Cafe, Selling Online and Adsense is much better combination. Chitika has dropped my application.....

kawebspy, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    4 hours a night on average for the last 8 +++ years! Never late on the weekends! Those are my fun days. Ride the V-Rod, go to the Y, get stuff done around the house...!

Mia, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  10. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am working 18 hours a day on the net.

kawebspy, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  11. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Well, I just love to sleep... I could spend 20 hours in bed happy as can be...

Anyway, this webmastering stuff has turned my sleeping habits upside down, I work at night and usually end up going to sleep at 5 a.m. It is quite nice working at night... it is quiet, the internet connection is very fast, the temperature is cool and confortable... much better than working at daytime for me.

fryman, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  12. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed fry. If/when I quit my job and do this full time I will be a night owl no doubt. Here in AZ where it's 115 degrees all day in the summer and 70 at night... I chose night :D

yo-yo, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  13. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been working on my sites ever since I left college. I had some jobs before college, but the money I'm making on my sites are enough that I don't need a 9-to-5 job. I don't actually make that much, but it's enough. Additionally, my sites just got a major boost from the recent update, so I've basically tripled my earnings since the end of last month, when the update started to take effect. So I don't foresee getting a job anytime soon. :)

jackburton2006, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  14. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    well, in my case, i am here in the cafe for almost 22 hours and while in here I am doing my job on the net.

kawebspy, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    That's why we have DP! :D

Will.Spencer, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  16. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I have this odd little rule of thumb...

It says...

For every day that I work on my web sites, my income increases by $1.

How many dollars do you need? :)

Will.Spencer, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  17. Protoss

Protoss I paid $25 for this title

Best Answers:
    I wonder how true that is if you really know your stuff and apply yourself; certainly sounds feasible. That's a cool way to look at things, thanks for sharing.

Protoss, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  18. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    For those of you that think sitting at home working would do your head in:
    Go down the pub, find someone who works and ask them this:
    Did you enjoy interacting with your kids whilst they were growing up ?.
    Did you see them make their first step ? say their first word ?.
    What have you taught them about how to interact with the world arround them ?

Most will tell you:
    "My kids are in bed when I go to work and they are going to be when I get back from work" basically, they see their kids at weekends.

Being their during the day to interact with your kids is the best things there is about working from home - if anyone tells you they wouldn't enjoy that then (99% of the time) it's because they simply don't have that option.

By all means go get a job, but in the long run you will miss out on the best parts of your life. Imagine having to kiss ass just to get an afternoon off to goto your kids' sports day at school - it sucks.
    Why do most grandparents think kids are fantastic - because they've got the time to interact with them and see the joy in their faces when they learn something new. Many parents never get the chance to do that, so they revel in it when they're grandparents. F that, I intend to be there for my kids - not have to wait 20 or 30 years to enjoy watching the grand children grow up.
    Life should be spent doing the things you enjoy. So if it takes you 16 hours to earn enough money to enjoy life, then you work on your sites for 2 days then spend the other 5 days enjoying yourself.
    Life isn't just about making money. I knew someone who had a wage (from a job) of >$500K. His wife loved it, he never enjoyed one bit. He earned the big money, but he never got to enjoy it. Because of his position, he managed a grand total of 2 holidays in a 10 year period - I take more than that in one year. It's absolutely no good just having the money, you've got to have the time to enjoy the benefits that that money can bring.

jlawrence, Nov 11, 2005 IP
    dct, soul-healer and kniveswood like this.
  19. anton-io!

anton-io! Active Member

Best Answers:
    jlawrence - great point!

I got in to this to buy my freedom.

Some things money simply will not buy!

anton-io!, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  20. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Working on the net really give you a freedom, as long as you know what you're doing.

PinoyIto, Nov 11, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.