1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Product Review and Product Rating Script

Discussion in 'Programming' started by mystic, Nov 8, 2005.

I need a free script that I could use on all my product pages. The script has to be a product review script in any coding language that also has customer ratings by stars. Does anyone no of one that you could share?

mystic, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  2. dave487

dave487 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could try hotscripts but I find these will contain way too many features.

The best way is to try and do a custom one and then it will tie in to your product database. I would not think you could get a good script free that would integrate well with a shop site - unless you can get a plugin for whatever shop script you are using.

If you let me have some details of the database structure etc maybe I can come up with something.......

dave487, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  3. mystic

mystic Active Member

Best Answers:
    i allready tried hotscripts, and they have very few and they're all pay ones.

mystic, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  4. dave487

dave487 Peon

Best Answers:
    I you want a product review script just create a new database for reviews, each review is associated with a particular product. The database is populated when the user submits the form with some text about the product.

the rating scipt would work in a similar way except the database contains a vote eg 4 out of 5 for a particular product.

dave487, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  5. mystic

mystic Active Member

Best Answers:
    It might be a little more work. I want to make things easier for me since I have so many pages on my website that i need to work on, for example just say i add this product review on my site I would have to go to about 150 product pages and change it which will take me a very long time.

mystic, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  6. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not quite there yet, but I believe the engine that drives PHP Link Directory could easily do what you are asking. We already have a rating mod, so we would just need to build a way to write actual reviews.

dvduval, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  7. mystic

mystic Active Member

Best Answers:
    could you give me a link to your rating mod script? And let me know when u get the product review script done.

mystic, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  8. deepnuke

deepnuke Peon

Best Answers:
    Newbie on programming..

deepnuke, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  9. aspdev

aspdev Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey mystic,
    I know your post is pretty old but if you are still looking for a script to show reviews on your site, this one might work:
    http://www.productreviewbank.com

Have been testing it on my blog before I put it on my e-store and it appears to be working okay. At the moment I am just using the javascript snippet but if I do end up using it on my e-store, I will probably give the api a go. :)

One thing I find quite kewl about it is that they actually let me use their reviews, which sorta makes it easier since I don't need to collect them myself.

I haven't seen anyone else using this script so I it looks like they are fairly new.

Anyways, give it a go if you like and if I find any other scripts I'l be sure to post them here for you.

Hope this helps

aspdev, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  10. shriti

shriti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can have a look at www.crowdvox.com, it is a really flexible review script.

shriti, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  11. aalexia

aalexia Peon

Best Answers:
    The best one on the market is JomDirectory, Joomla directory script, please check all the features.

aalexia, Oct 31, 2018 IP