1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad for Newbies?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by noelves, Nov 4, 2005.

My site is child related and rated child safe. I want to submit to a directory called 123KidzArea.

I always try to check out these places before I submit to them. In checking out 123KidsArea, I noticed 2 things that seemed out of whack and may do more harm than good for my site.

First they list your popularity ratings right next to your company name. So when you click on a website name it immediately lets you know where the company ranks in popularity. Great for sites with good ranks, but maybe not good for beginners.

Second they have a webring. You have to sign up for the webring, they don't automatically add you to the list, but I'm wondering if that is a good idea to join the ring or not.

So, my real question is: Since my site is still low on the totem pole and my popularity at this particular moment is next to zilch, would it be to my advantage to submit to that directory?

One other thing I've noticed as far as their list of most popular sites goes. Almost all the sites listed as most popular are their own pages.

What do you all suggest? I need the exposure, but I'm not sure if this is the right way to go at this particular time.

Thanks all,
    noelves

noelves, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  2. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Why not? No link will harm you. Every little helps. However there are 10000s of other directories out there to submit to. If you are not sure just skip it.

mightyb, Nov 5, 2005 IP
  3. TMAC

TMAC Active Member

Best Answers:
    if the directory is a solid directory, then a link from them would very advantageous to you.

TMAC, Nov 5, 2005 IP
  4. APECTAHT

APECTAHT Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing of your competitors can do against your site (e.g. submiting in a directory) will harm you.

APECTAHT, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  5. noelves

noelves Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. I'll do it!

noelves, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  6. deepnuke

deepnuke Peon

Best Answers:
    what so bad for the newbie??

deepnuke, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  7. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    You mean a link from a really bad directory will not harm my site right?

seolion, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  8. maro

maro Peon

Best Answers:
    Well a link is better than no link right?
    But I was wondering about the webring, do they force you to put the webring code on your site? I consider webrings to be 'unprofessional' and I don't like em

maro, Nov 11, 2005 IP