1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem in web videos....

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by webmasteral, Nov 9, 2005.

Hello forum frineds,

Just a question regarding to videos, I capture video using pinnacle from dvd source and the file extension of it when done capturing is .avi "good for editing" but the problem is the video that I capture turn out with lines so I try to clean it in "cleaner xl" and still it's kinda pixelated. I wonder why is that? and what is the good configuration for making a web videos so that people can easily download the movies from my site. I want my videos become smooth and solid. But how can I do that? and.. I want it like what the dvd movies show.. Like nothing change... Is it possible? Please somebody help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Shaman

webmasteral, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  2. webitalia2005

webitalia2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think you can have a DVD quality movie on the web,you must think about the band it uses and the time it will take for people to download it!!I personaly think good format for the web is the.FLV one,you can use quicktime to convert avi files to FLV ones,then you need to use flash or some other software to generate a swf file that can display it on your site.This is very easy to do with flash and the media components,and if you can use actionscript it's possible to do amazing things.Tell me if you need help with that...

cheers,:D :D

webitalia2005, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  3. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your soucre is DVD - its kind of a waste of time to use an Analogue capture card. If you mean a proper video DVD then why not rip it with DVD Decrypter, then convert it to DIVX with AutoGK - all of which are free. You can also try Virtual Dub - its all down to the codecs you install.

You need to be a bit clearer about what you're trying to do. The lines could be interlacing or noise? What sort of lines are they? horizontal, vertical, rolling, etc.

Dio, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  4. webmasteral

webmasteral Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply webitalia 2005 and Dio it really helps me.. The lines that confuse my mind is horizontal lines... but thank you guys I'm all done of this problem now.. with your help.. Thanks

webmasteral, Nov 10, 2005 IP