1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how many of you left your day job ??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sam1, Nov 9, 2005.

1. zombie123

zombie123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Me in a full time job!! not planning to leave it as of now ...

zombie123, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  2. Mido

Mido Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    where is your rest of income come from:confused:

Mido, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  3. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've always been leary of leaving a full time job that is contantly paying when there are some sites that do well on the net. However, how would you like to feel when google changes something minute in their algorhthym and now that site you had that was pulling in 15k a month, is barely in the top 100 serp pages? That would be my fear.

Granted, diversification is the key to any successful internet profit solution- in my opinion and that you should never put all of your eggs in one basket. Sometimes I wonder if it is so risky...

jeeplaw, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  4. izahan

izahan Peon

Best Answers:
    have many eggs and many baskets but not too many that you lose control of them

izahan, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  5. shaileshk

shaileshk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all

I am doing Full time job

job time i enjoy with my frd and other time i doing my personal work and sleep

shailesh

shaileshk, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  6. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Myself No Job.
    And Planning to Focus More on Chitika and Adsense to earn my Living

amitpatel_3001, Nov 10, 2005 IP
    Nintendo and imnajam like this.
  7. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I've worked for myself for a few years now, and have never regretted taking the plunge of leaving a full time job.
    Leaving everything upto the online income is a bit more risky.
    But hey, it's still just a numbers game.
    You work out what your living expenses are (ie how much income you absolutely must have) then when you've hit 3 x living expenses it's safe for you to do it full time.
    Personally, my primary aim is to get rid of the mortgage before binning all my consultancy work. A couple of hundred per day extra coming in will see my mortgage gone in next to no time. That would massively reduce my living expenses, so I could start to really enjoy life :D

jlawrence, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  8. zombie123

zombie123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea me too wondering where does he earn the reat from !!

zombie123, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    My rough math works like this:

$200/day is about $70k/yr. $70k/yr is a decent salary where I live.

So...

When I get to $200k I stop and congratulate myself -- and then tell myself to double it for safety.

When I double it, I tell myself to double it again so that the wife and I can both quit our jobs.

I haven't quit my job yet, even though I did double my $200/day goal. That turned out to be good, because Jagger kicked me down below $400/day again.

Post-Jagger (Monday?) I hope to be above $400 and working towards $800 again.

Then, we live the city and move out to beyond civilization...

Will.Spencer, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  10. subigo

subigo Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow... some people need a lot of money to quit their job. I am 26, live in Springfield MO, and live very comfortably off of $1500/month right now working part time (25hrs/wk) for Expedia.com

Not only that, but I could live off of $1000 a month. I have hardly any bills at all, other than rent, which I split with another person.

You might be interested in my blog if you are looking to quit your job and work from home (and dont need thousands to live comfortably every month). I just started it to document my move from my job, to living off of my sites. My latest post has some of the ways that I am making money right now.

subigo, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  11. evilmonkeyspanker

evilmonkeyspanker Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear that, I am from kahoka (Northeast Mo) just turned 27 and my full time job doesn't net me 1000 and I have to drive 100 miles a day or more sometimes. You guys must live in some pretty expensive places.

evilmonkeyspanker, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  12. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Living expense over $3K a month here =(

dzcap, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  13. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    If you allow your business to be impacted to such a degree by a single act, then you didn't design your business very well.

aeiouy, Nov 10, 2005 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  14. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    -PPC programs
    -Affiliates
    -Wholesale
    - Resale
    -Advertising Space

Not alot of guess work involved in the methods :)

yo-yo, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  15. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

This is the right goal... fortunately web publishing allows one to do this and still make a good living.. That is one of my key goals as well.

aeiouy, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  16. S2X

S2X Active Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't imagine living off of 1500/month.

I still live at home (17 yrs old), and I for a while I was spending $6k/month (booze, drugs, computers, etc. No bills or rent or anything like that), and even then I didn't think that was a lot of money.

Now I'm making around 20k/m (Canadian), but hopefully when I can actually put some time into my websites and start a few more, I'll be up to 50k/m

--

I'll probobly get a job (Hopefully I get around to starting my own business, but who knows) after I graduate from Hs and Go to University though, I couldn't imagine staying at home all day sitting in front of my computer... I'd go insane.

S2X, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  17. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

You really think you are going to go get a job after highschool if you are making 20k a month now? No such job even exists. :) If you really are making that kind of money, then you should just plan on being your own boss forever. You mention you might get around to starting your own business. How are you making 20k a month now without having your own business already? With that kind of income you can certainly pay for assistance to free you up from having to sit in front of your computer all-day.

You are either lying or you are insane. :)

I want you to save your post and put it in a vault. I want you to pull it out in 20 years and read it. I think it would be a very intersting moment.

aeiouy, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  18. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cough BULLSHIT S2X cough cough... :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  19. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL - you gotta love youngsters.
    Wait 'til you've had a job for a couple of years. You'll soon learn why it's called the 'rat race'.
    It doesn't take long until you start to think - why the hell am I coming in here, doing something I don't like for someone I don't like, when I could be at home earning way more money and actually enjoying life.
    I've been lucky, I never had a job that I didn't actually enjoy. But I don't like getting out of bed at 0700 to go to work just so that I can make someone else richer. When you're in a job you're controlled, you do what the boss says when he says it. After a while that starts to grate on you.
    By all means, go get a job. You'll soon learn why you don't want one.
    Work for yourself, you control your own destiny then... if you want/need more money, then you simply do more work. In a job there is normally a ceiling placed on what you can earn, working for yourself you control your earnings. It's all about who's got control.

ADDED:
    If you like being controlled, then go get a job. But don't come back to me in a couple of months saying 'man this sucks'.
    You want to earn lots of money, trust me - you don't get it whilst working for someone else (or at least very very very rarely do you).

jlawrence, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Ditto! I agree completely. This is my day job, night job, and more. I own and operate an ISP, so I have that going for me. It helps to have a limitless set of resources like bandwidth, servers, IP space, etc., to do my SEO stuff as well.

But like Fryman said, I too have several forms of online revenue streams. If they all would hit right on at once, I'd quit everything! But they seem to fire at different times, which is good because when one is down, another seems to pick up the pace so to speak. This is the only way I can keep my revenue stream semi consistent!

Mia, Nov 10, 2005 IP