1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

US Bank account for Non-US citizens

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by laxmi, Aug 26, 2007.

After researching a lot on internet.I finally found three banks who offer US bank account for Non-Us citizens.One is hsbc bank ,wellsfargo and lloyds bank.Wells fargo bank is not workable with paypal.For hsbc bank you go here and contact them that you want to open a bank account in US being non-us citizen.They will send you big nine page form.

Documents req:- a valid passport or some other important documents proving your identity.

The problem is you cannot transfer money from paypal to your hsbc bank account.But you can get debit card for verifying paypal account.The same applies for lloyds bank.But you don't say that you are opening account specially for paypal.If you tell so then they won't allow you to open account with them.This is the response i got from lloyds when i said to them that i want to open account for transferring funds from paypal to bank account.

Thank you for your email regarding the International account.

If the account is to be used mainly in conjunction with Pay Pal payments, we unfortunately would not be able to open the account. This is due to the inability of the Financial Service Authority on the Isle of Man to confirm where all the funds have come from, as they are generated through internet sources.

The cost of the International Account is USD90 per annum; there is no separate charge to open the account and there is no minimum balance requirement.

I hope this answers your questions, however if you have others do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

The best way to get bank account is student bank account.It would costs nothing to open.You just have to provide your college identity card,tuition fee bill and passport .You can even provide international driving license.

You can go to their lloyds bank website and contact directly.And i am copying the email which i got from lloydstb .The req things to apply for lloyds bank.
    The following documentation will be required from you:

International Application Form

You can download our application through the links I have attached. Alternatively we can send this to you in the post once you have advised us of your address.

Check the details, complete all the relevant sections, read and sign the terms and conditions on the application form

Please ignore section 6. I will be sending this to you as a hard copy through the post. Please ensure you sign section 5, complete section 7 with your existing account details (if you are an existing customer) and sign section 8. Pay attention to the EU TAX area on section 8. This section will apply to you if your residential address is in UK or Europe .

Certified Copy of Passport

A fully certified copy of your signed, valid passport is required. The following people can certify your document - Bank Manager, Serving Police Officer, Lawyer, Chartered Accountant, Public Notary, Member of the Judiciary or a Solicitor. Please ensure that when they certify the document they print their name clearly, sign, stamp with an official stamp and print their full contact details along with their position.

If in the UK you could always visit any of our Lloyds TSB branches. They can certify your passport and also post your application form over to us.

Address Confirmation

Address confirmation can be in the form of the following - Gas, Telephone (not mobile), Local Authority rates, Electricity, Water bill, Mortgage statement, Bank or Credit card statement. Please send an original or certified copy .We can also accept an original letter from your employer on their company headed paper, addressed to LTSB or myself.

** The documents listed above must be either original or certified copies. The bill or bank statement can be no longer than 3 months old**

Income Confirmation

We will require confirmation of your income. This can be in the form of your last 3 months pay slips, 6 months bank statements, contract of employment or a letter from your employer confirming your salary. If you are self employed you may provide your last 2 years tax returns or a letter from your accountant confirming your annual income.

Lump Sum

If you wish to deposit a lump sum into this account please contact the number below. You will then receive confirmation of the legal documents you must provide before your funds can credit your account.

Please arrange to send all the above to the address below at your earliest convenience.

You can download the form application form here.This solution is for international people.Read more

Another resource which is providing US bank account for non-us citizens is valis international.They said they are charging $1000 for opening account.I did not secure details about them.
    Another famous bank where you can get atm card is e-trade.Some people are saying that they have not issuing the atm to anybody because they are only opening account to verify paypal account not for trading.My suggestion is why you want to spend too much money in opening us bank account or any other bank account.Just get a card from http://www.card444.com.Verify your paypal account.They even provide you expuse number on request.Its got finished in $50 instead of spending $1000 for opening US Bank account.

Cards For withdrawing money from paypal:-
    Accent card is not workable with paypal anymore.The one more card you can se to withdraw money using atm is virtual money inc.You can contact to know the details of the card.

More info can be found here.:-
    http://www.adesblog.com/2007/02/23/malaysians-can-withdraw-their-paypal-funds-once-again/
    http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/how-malaysians-can-withdraw-directly-from-paypal/
    http://moneyblogger.net/page/2/

For indians verifying their paypal account:-
    You can create netsafe card even from debit card not only from credit card.It is best way to verify your paypal account.You can even get expuse number in your netsafe card statement.

And if you want to know more then just go to google.com and type debit card for verifying paypal account or US bank account for non-us citizens.You will get much information regarding those.Now please give me green reputation.:D

laxmi, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  2. laxmi

laxmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can contact them hsbc bank here.Ask them to send application form

laxmi, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  3. mafostedu

mafostedu Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice info. Rep. added. Though I have already got my e-trade a/c, I will surely go for this too, As I may need one more US bank a/c for another PayPal. I will let you know about my experience with this bank. Cheers.

mafostedu, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  4. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    Thankz for such a great help.Let us know when u got ur lloydstsb is ready.SO if its ok then can we transfer paypal to the bank directly and take money uisng our debit card from any ATM for free ?

priyakochin, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  5. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    I don't think that you get free ATM withdrawals outside the US...

Clive, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  6. laxmi

laxmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    many people hate paypal and they want solutions for verifying paypal account and withdrawing money from it.so i thought i would make a separate thread to give perfect solutions for them.:)

laxmi, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  7. ace.tuku

ace.tuku Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you tell me if you open a NON-US Citizen Bank Account will it be in India or US ???

Ace Tuku

ace.tuku, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  8. mafostedu

mafostedu Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course it will be at US. PP supports only US checking a/c not even savings a/c. & btw you can open with any US bank having a branch in India like HSBC but in this case you will get Indian a/c not a US a/c. So you need to open an a/c with the bank having a branch in US not in India or elsewhere.

mafostedu, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  9. laxmi

laxmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mafostedu is right

laxmi, Aug 26, 2007 IP