1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A sale one day, the next day it disappears.

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Jiraiya, Nov 9, 2005.

I received a sale yesterday. Today, I checked my stats and its gone. Any ideas why? Is this normal? Did the person want a refund? Would that show up anywhere in my stats?

Jiraiya, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Check your transaction detail report to see all transactions (maybe a sale then later a reversal transaction). A reversal could happen if the customer canceled the order, returned it, etc.

digitalpoint, Nov 9, 2005 IP
    Jiraiya likes this.
  3. donnareed

donnareed Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to world of affiliate reversals! Bogus credit card numbers, buyers remorse, finding a better deal elsewhere (like the local Wal-Mart) or orders from the Republic of Trashcanistan can all cause the dreaded dissapearing income. Nothing you can do about it, just keep plugging away and make sure your traffic is targetted.

donnareed, Nov 9, 2005 IP
    Jiraiya likes this.
  4. Jiraiya

Jiraiya Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the response! I clicked around some more and it was indeed an invalid credit card. I wish the CJ navigation was more friendly.

I found out something I didn't even know. The invalid credit card problem happened more than once on different days. The percentage of invalid credit card problem seems kind of high, almost 30%.

Jiraiya, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  5. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    Can reversals be declines? You don't happen to be selling an ebook on managing credit card debt, I hope!:D

Mister Tut, Nov 9, 2005 IP