1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

China traffic

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by PixelHut, Aug 24, 2007.

Does any one have experience with huge china traffic? I have around 2000 china visitors and almoust no clicks. Does anyone have any good soultion for that? Any China ad network (in eng language) or some network that target them? Or some product that they may buy?

PixelHut, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  2. zaczebra

zaczebra Peon

Best Answers:
    I posted a similar thread the other day (same problem)...got no replies...lol :)

I'm trying some asian dating affiliate, but not much luck...

I use cj, some things in there have banners in Chinese, but i can't suss out how to search for just Chinese banners etc, so they are very hard to find!

Also i think a lot of people in china use internet cafe's and use proxies to get around the great firewall of china, so some of them may be reluctant to hand over credit/debit card details in a cafe... i know i wouldn't

Anyhow thats my 2 pennies worth, hope someone replies with a good affiliate or ppc advertiser, catering for the huge and growing Chinese market!

Kind regards

zaczebra, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  3. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Traffic from china is hard to make money on. Most programs do not pay for clicks on ads and alot of sites do not allow payments from china. They have had alot of fraud so most companies do not allow traffic or pay for it.

rcj662, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  4. PixelHut

PixelHut Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I know this is a hard task even for me.. I have over 800 affiliate programs in my DB and I know most of them and i can't find anything that would work. China market makes me around 5% off all click and they are 60% off my visitors. If I wont find solution I will have to block them from my proxy site.

5. PixelHut

Best Answers:
    zaczebra likes this.
  6. zaczebra

zaczebra Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice one pixelhut, will give it a try....will post any others i find on this thread.

Chinese traffic should convert just like any other, just need to find the right thing to convert :) easier said than done

One other thing i was thinking about was changing the website / adsense language so the ads appeared in chinese rather than english

only problem with this is you miss out on the currently converting countries!

However for a 80%-90% Chinese traffic proxy, might be worth doing

zaczebra, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  7. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't AdSense already do that, serve ads based on IP and that means in the local language? I see it where I am (not an English speaking country), a mix of some English and some ads in the local language.

geomark, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  8. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like they sell electronic products, which doesn't fit my niches. More China based affiliates would be great. I too will post if I find any.

geomark, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  9. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    webmoney, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  10. lunarpages

lunarpages Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha :D:D:D

lunarpages, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  11. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    geomark, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  12. epic1231

epic1231 Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe try one of the friend finder network sites, like AsiaFriendFinder.com, GuanXi.com or i think they have a KoreanFriendFinder.com also - possibly get some signups through that

epic1231, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  13. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well but if there is no other way how to monetize it than you can always filter Asian traffic and use those.

webmoney, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  14. PixelHut

Best Answers:
    I found more off them:

http://www.divineo.cn - They have many online shops including one in china. They sell electronics, games and game related stuff.
    http://www.chinahighlights.com - China travel agency. Very good for up coming Olympic games in Beijing.
    http://www.allyes.com/english - China ad network with many award winning tech.
    http://www.play-asia.com - Hong kong based gaming site. 12% off sell
    http://www.canvaz.com/ - paint replicas, they sell it around the world, 25% sale, 5% webmasterreferral

I also found few china ad network, but they are not in english language. I also notice that many ad networks like clixgalore also have china advertisers.

Good luck with china traffic.

PixelHut, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  15. theman12468

theman12468 Peon

Best Answers:
    ya china has a great fraud rate - its really difficult it seems when it comes time to deal with china and conversions

theman12468, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  16. PixelHut

Best Answers:
    It's very hard to work with this kind of traffic. I'll give them a chance untill next weekend. If I don't earn nothing I'll block them. I had over 10.000 visitors from china yesterday and only 17 clicks. I will try some new programs and will see what happens.

PixelHut, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  17. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    My biggest problem with China traffic is content theft. Chinese sites keep popping up with content stolen from my site. I block the hotlinking by those sites with a little modRewrite code in my .htaccess file. They usually have AdSense so if they copy my textual content I report them - I noticed that within a few days their AdSense ads usually disappear.

It's a bit of ongoing effort. I would sure like to make some money from that traffic.

geomark, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  18. lunarpages

lunarpages Peon

Best Answers:
    i also have huge china traffic. but clicks is also huge. if your site has Chinese language in the major area?

lunarpages, Aug 26, 2007 IP