1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To Sell or Not to?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by advoor, Aug 23, 2007.

Just passed my GCSE's and going to collage in a few weeks time so I was thinking if i should sell off my blog or keep it? Thing is, I might get really busy, but not to sure yet, and some extra $ might be useful.

The blog is averaging around 1000 unique hits a day and makes around $0.25 a day with Adsense and has got 122 posts so far with about 60 posts lined up to be posted daily (3 posts a day) so can last about 20 days without me needing to do anything apart from logging on and clicking 'Post'.

Question is; if I sell it how much would I get for it? Or should I wait it out and sell it later when it gets more bigger (PR is expected 2, so that could increase value, plus more posts = more content, along with the increasing amount of visitors daily)? Or just keep working on it and wait until it gets big so it can support itself?

What do you gurus suggest I do? (the blog is the first one in my signature)

advoor, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  2. ::Mike::

::Mike:: Peon

Best Answers:
    I would hold on to it, could be a good investment if you keep up the pr.

::Mike::, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  3. linkweb

linkweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep it yourself I thought. You can sell it later if you are sure you have no time. Waiting for the PR is maybe increase the value like you said.

linkweb, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  4. Malok

Malok Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely keep it and hold. It won't be hard to sell it if you elected to sell it later on down the road.

Malok, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  5. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That'll be a great blog to run while you're in college, keep it!

MTbiker, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  6. muthukswamy

muthukswamy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Less than 10$ a month income blog will not sell for a good price. I suggest you to work about 2-3 hours on weekends on your blog and keep the income for your regular needs.

muthukswamy, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  7. RegalPower

RegalPower Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't sell it. IT can be very helpful in the future ;)

RegalPower, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  8. designerz

designerz Banned

Best Answers:
    I would hang on to it too!

designerz, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  9. advoor

advoor Peon

Best Answers:
    Well its a humor/entertainment blog, so all I can really do is add new jokes videos and pictures to it. In around an hour I rack up about 20 new posts but posting them all in one day is a bit too much so I limit it to 3 a day :D Thats why I said I already got 60 posts I can post on my blog which will last me 20 days straight; and I got a lot more that I have yet to write up. I just need to work like 1 hour every weekend to sort out what I need for the whole week.

Thanks for all your feedback guys! Guess Ill keep it with me for a bit longer :D Want to get back to the 6000 unique mark I had with my old personal blog; hopefully I can get some new friends that I'll make go on the blog and tell others :p

You lot motivated me to get back to my old games blog (okay, its only around 1 week old) and started getting content up for that, so hopefully I can boost that up and share the visitors over.

Now back to work :D

advoor, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  10. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd definitely keep it. Your blog has a lot of potential.

You should try checking out other monetization methods. With 1k uniques a day you could be doing well with affiliate programs. Azoogle has good ringtone programs and zip/email submit programs. The link in my sig is also good if you post videos on your site. They're a pay per install program that pay around $.50 an install. Basically users must agree to install their toolbar before they're able to watch the video.

Just remember AdSense is only one of the ways you can make money online.

checksum, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  11. TeachCrunch

TeachCrunch Peon

Best Answers:

no one would purchase it for anything basically all blogs are useless right now with no real monetization systems out their since all the avertisers are broke.

TeachCrunch, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  12. inatmo

inatmo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would keep it too. It's like own a real estate in internet. Really)
    I think so.

inatmo, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  13. muthukswamy

muthukswamy Active Member

Best Answers:
    U can try CJ.com for some good affiliate programs. I am building my humor blog as well.

www.comedylive.org But it has no income as there are no ads in them :)

I must get good traffic (currently around 200 uniques) before I can set up some ads. But you already have some decent traffic. So you better test your traffic with different affiliate programs and increase its revenue.

If you wish we can trade some links.

muthukswamy, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  14. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're joking, right? :confused:

15. advoor

advoor Peon

Best Answers:
    Since most visitors come from Stumble Upon and are mostly for quick funny things, I dont think it will convert well with affiliate programs (as other sites I have studied didn't make much so dont reccomend it).

As for the toolbar; thats a really good find! I'll be looking into that now to see if that could work out for me.

Thanks for the information mate :D Yea sure, I'd be interested in a link exchange. I'll add up yours right now :D

advoor, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  16. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No problem, hope it works out for you. :D

17. KunkVentures

KunkVentures Peon

Best Answers:
    theres no point in selling with such low revenue, you'll spend hours negotiating hte deal and finalizing the transfer. Set it to post 1 post per day, and let it roll for a while, when it stops posting check your stats and see whats up.

ps. sites don't get good traffic without promotion.

KunkVentures, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  18. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since you have low revenue, no brand, etc... there is nothing worth paying a "premium" for, thus you can't get the money out of it that you want for it. Sorry bud.

Blackbeard, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  19. advoor

advoor Peon

Best Answers:
    Thing is I have 3 different things posted on my blog daily; a joke, a picture and a video. The fact the blog is updated 3 times a day with 3 different things is something I like about my blog; taking that away and posting like one thing a day could decrease the blog's activeness but I don't know how that could affect my users so I'm confused by this.

Should I update once a day or 3 times as I am? If I do it once then I can practically chill out for like 60 days without doing nothing at all; and with about 2 days of hard work I can make that for the WHOLE year - literally. But would that really be a good way to go?

advoor, Aug 23, 2007 IP