1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Giving infractions for 'I just reached ___ posts!' threads

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by DevilHellz, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I think these kind of threads are pure forum garbage, since all the posts there conclude in
    "grats! hope to see more of you"
    "grats! I'll soon hit ____ too!"
    And so on.
    No real discussion, no nothing. Congratulations are being handed over 100 posts, 500 posts, 1k posts, 2.5k posts, 2.7k posts and so forth.
    It gets quite annoying, since all these threads do is pump up post count shamelessly.

So then, i suggest members who create such threads should be given an infraction as a warning not to start such threads, ONLY if they reach a REAL milestone, let's say 10k posts. This way, there won't be new "i reached 1k posts" threads each day, and those who actually reach 10k posts are worth a reply as a sign of acceptance in the forums.

Thoughts ?

DevilHellz, Aug 23, 2007 IP
    Crazy_Rob and selltrib like this.
  2. bloggingseo

bloggingseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting. I don't think that giving an infraction for that is worth it. They are just giving themselves a pat on the back. There are worse threads that could be started, afterall. At least it has something to do with DP

bloggingseo, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  3. YooChoob

YooChoob Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, so im close to 100 posts, does that mean i cant broadcast that fact. hehe :p
    ooohhhh i lied bang on 100

YooChoob, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  4. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good point, but you run the risk of dampening someone's 'celebration'. I saw one of these in General Chat a few days ago - it was titled something like 'Only 3 more posts until my 1000' - WTF? I was eagerly anticipating the next threads in the AdSense revenue sharing series - 'Only 2 more posts until my 1000', 'Only 1 more post until my thousand' and 'Woooo - my 1000'.

I remember the user called Stealer (AKA Cain001, Explicit_Entertainment, bayliss12345 and probably other names too) - he used to get good mileage out of these types of thread - about 80% of his posts came from them!

CountryBoy, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  5. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Feel free to report them. :)

Katy, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  6. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as they are in general chat it's fine. GC is for "worthless" posts:)

GuyFromChicago, Aug 23, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.