1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keywords optimization… and killer keywords optimization

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by SKxprt, Aug 14, 2007.

Hi to all,

First to introduce my self. I am a self hired SEO, Web designer and educator on topics employing computer science and web related technologies. I have been on the PC in more than a decade and couple more years (I am still on it :), the only thing that changed is the PC it self. All that I am doing is finding my place in the Internet world.

About the topic...

There is a big fuzz these days about SEO, link exchange, keywords and many more topics that are worth to explore if and only if you are able to find the great questions to research for. I do not say answers because if you do not know the question, you will never find the answer.

For example, let’s talk about keywords optimization. What are my goals, why do I choose the specific keywords, what to do than with the keywords, the WOW effect never ends...

So let’s start with the questions first. I mention keyword optimization and killer keyword optimization. Question 1: What is the difference?

One tiny small dot. The difference is where you put the dot. 10,000.00 or 10.000,00. Well, the first one does not make sence, but the second – that’s something worth to talk about.

No! Do not think of the amount! Just blur the previos paragraph from your mind and start thinking of a good memory. Think of your best vacation or some great picture that is fixed in your mind, the sea maybe.

Now, let all of us stick to our happy place and have it in our mind while reading about the killer keyword optimization. Believe it or not, it always helps. 

I will post some ideas here, open for discussion, but I will also wait for answers. This is not “a hitchikers guide through web technologies”. Just continue reading and the questions will appear.

I say that I have a list of 10 keywords optimization techniques. No! I say 20! No, no, no! I say 30 and more keyword optimization techniques. Do you believe me? Is this possible? If it is true, which are the best ones and the ones that really work?

These are my questions for you and please have in mind that your opinion matters in this thread. And I will give value to it. Just stick to the guidelines!
    While we wait for our mind to start answering, let’s have a glimps in the term killer keyword optimization.

First of all, what is a keyword?

Well, a keyword, or a keyword phraze (keyphraze) is “The word or words that relate to a particular topic. Keywords or phrases are used to construct a search statement to find information.” – as defined in the University of Tasmania. Look’s so far, right? Wait, wait, wait! Do not go to Tasmania now. Keep your happy place in your mind!  The sea, remember?

I have also come across another definition that sounded like: a word or more words (a phraze) that is used by advertisers to focus the search and attract targeted audience.

What I am asking all of you is: what is your definition under which you made your keywords? If you do not have one, than what is the target of your keywords? To provide information, to focus searching or to attract targetted audience?

I am realistic and I am not expecting from you your keywords. No, no, no! Just confide me and tell me your goals. That will hurt noone. If you cannot tell me your goals, than think about them for your self.

In order to start optimizing, we have to know where we are going. And in order to do that, we have to know what is our standing point at the moment. You have probably heard: if you do not know your past, how can you build up your future?!.

Now, start building up your future by defining your presence.

If you find interesting this post and it lighted up some ideas, please do post and comment. I will build on your comments and somewhere in the middle will reveal great techniques that will give you the satisfaction of higher targeted traffic for your web site / blog or any content on the web.

Make your life easier by thinking about the right question and than finding the right answer!

Good luck,
    SKxprt

SKxprt, Aug 14, 2007 IP
    stormy likes this.
  2. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good advice

Aaron111, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  3. quite

quite Peon

Best Answers:
    SKxpert is very helpful, sure he is going to be a positive attribute to this forum!

quite, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  4. harshakiran

harshakiran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Simple and interesting post

harshakiran, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  5. SKxprt

SKxprt Peon

Best Answers:
    I am back again.

I think this is enough time for thinking.

Let's get some action.

The question is: How do we choose our keywords on the first place?

We know our web site topic, but we do not put a sentence like:
    This is a web site selling unisex clothes for...

This is a beginners mistake.

Let's analyze the sentence a little bit.

Our main idea is to promote Unisex clothes. When we search Google, there are: Results 1 - 10 of about 2,310,000 for unisex clothes. (0.09 seconds) where the SERP 1 is ebay.

Do not go on and beat ebay - the chances are small.

With SERP 2 is a company for "unisex cotton clothing". Do you think what I think? I did a google search for "unisex cotton clothes" and BAM.

The results are: Results 1 - 10 of about 1,070,000 for unisex cotton clothes . (0.06 seconds)

now we have a great keywords that can fit into our topic and much less competition.

Now I feel much better. My competition is cut in two peaces. I am thinking that this is my hit. Do you know why? Because i believe I can get into the frist 10 in no time. Why? Because all the first 10 are sub pages. If I use my keywords in the first page (my domain name) than I will have great results.

This is the oldest trick in the book on keywords.

Any suggestions?

regards,
    SKxprt

SKxprt, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  6. SKxprt

SKxprt Peon

Best Answers:
    hi guys, I see no answers on my last post in this thread.

do you agree with this idea or you think it will not bring visitors?

regards

SKxprt, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  7. SKxprt

SKxprt Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello again,

I was considering to add another method to the keyword optimization thread.

"THE" method in keyword optimization is the 3RE's method which is:

REevaluate-REsearch-REvise

The 3RE's explanation:
    - our keyword/s will work for a certain amount of time, maybe for years, but what usually happens is that we will recognize a need of REevaluation of our keywords (how good/prospective they are and if there is a need to change/modify them)
    - the second thing is to make a REsearch and check if there is better solution
    - the final step is to REvise.

These three steps usually iterate.

The example:

I am selling unisex clothes.

I use "unisex clothes" as my key phrase.

Now I start using the 3RE's method:

1. REevaluate
    - step 1: Search Google and check for competition. Check the top 10 ranked - find their strong and weak points.
    - conclusion 1: Too much competition. use smart their weak points and incorporate their strong points.
    2. REsearch
    - step 2: Think of other keywords or skim in the general text of the top 10 listed
    - step(optional): use a key phrase tool/s
    - conclusion 2: by using "unisex cotton clothing" I have less competition and I will drive customers that are interested in unisex clothing with specific quality - cotton. From a buyers point of view, I always buy cotton based clothes because of the better quality. From the seller's point of view better quality means higher prices and higher income.
    3. REvise
    - step 3: make the changes in all the places in your page - do not "miss a spot"!
    - conclusion 3: better keywords most probably will provide me with higher SERP and more traffic.

Now, do you see the power of the 3PE's method??

We, the SEO's every once in a while REevaluate our keywords, either by need (lowered traffic) or just to check our position.

It's a GOOD practice. It's a GREAT practice. It DOES create traffic!

Green reps are appreciated, thanks.

Regards

SKxprt, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  8. luftkop

luftkop Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the traffic from visitors will answer your question. Can you tell me what going on before and after you do that, then let see is it good or not.

luftkop, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  9. Inderjeet

Inderjeet Peon

Best Answers:
    Good post let some othr tips flowing in.

Inderjeet, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  10. MyKaBuS

MyKaBuS Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank You...............

Very Good

MyKaBuS, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  11. jakomo

jakomo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Thanks very much for the information :)

jakomo, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  12. SKxprt

SKxprt Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thank you all for your comments.

I am advancing this thread with another great tip.

The singular-plural concern

Is there a difference when searching in singular or plural.

Here I will shape the whole subject.

For example someone will search about banana juice.

Is our site optimized with the keywords: bananas, bananas juice and bananas production - will the search query banana juice tackle our keywords?

The questions is very simple: YES. What's the best, by using plural keywords, we tackle more words: the singular and the plural of the word.

So if we optimize our site with plural keywords (where applicable) we are doubling the keywords tackled: the singular and the plural.

Reps are appreciated.

Regards

SKxprt, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  13. Kevin82

Kevin82 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey, great info for us just starting out with keywords, one quick question, If i had a site on dog information, and i find good keywords, do I have to focus on "dog information" or can I make an article for each other good keyword I find relevent while searching. And make each article be keyword rich for the keyword im focusing on for each article? I hope that was clear

Kevin82, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  14. trafficmaster_arv_qsmacs

trafficmaster_arv_qsmacs Peon

Best Answers:
    How can one's ranking be boost by over 350 positions?

15. seoethics

seoethics Peon

Best Answers:
    As a new bie, it will be a gr8 advice for us. Thanks guys !!!

seoethics, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  16. KNEB

KNEB Peon

Best Answers:
    A good information container :)
    Cheers

KNEB, Sep 5, 2007 IP