1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long before downtime gets me deindexed

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by the zoo keeper, Aug 22, 2007.

hi, ive had a problem today in which my webhost managed to delete my web account by mistake and forgot to back it up!!!! However they have offered me a dedicated server at 50% normal price as compensation so thats fine.

My issue though is that whilst i could get the sites back up in a few days the dedicated will nto be ready for 48 hours so we could be looking 3-4 days of the sites being offline, would this be enough time to serious harm my indexed pages?

the zoo keeper, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  2. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it shouldn't get your pages de-indexed. It's always good to get the site back up asap though.

Gatorade, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  3. luftkop

luftkop Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you site will be deindexed because this reason but of cause you site will not get more index also. Just try to bring it back as soon as possible then your site will be fine.

luftkop, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  4. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I agree, you won't get de-indexed. You may take a small hit for the server move (not sure). Were you on a static IP?

Also, I highly recommend doing your own full backups on a regular basis. Database backups frequently.

usasportstraining, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  5. the zoo keeper

the zoo keeper Guest

Best Answers:
    Suppose in hindsight it was worth the hassle to get a dedicated server, 1gb ram, 2.5gz cpanel et al for $70 out of it with 2 months free as an aplogy :)

the zoo keeper, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah, hehe, I suppose so. :)

I'd still say to do your own backups, especially if you're running a business.

usasportstraining, Aug 22, 2007 IP