1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hiding your name on paypal

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by buffalo, Aug 21, 2007.

Does anyone know if there is a way to hide your real name on paypal? I would like to receive payments from people, but I would prefer that they didn't get my real name in the process.

Can it be done?

buffalo, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  2. cb711

cb711 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you can.

cb711, Aug 21, 2007 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  3. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks cb, I don't think you can either. I'm hoping that someone else knows something that you & I don't! :D

buffalo, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  4. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you have a PayPal business account, whatever business name you have attached to that account will show up versus your real name. If you have a personal account, your name will show up. So if you don't want anyone to know your real name then use a business account but I believe it has to be a real dba attached to it. Not sure about that one so you may want to just contact PayPal by phone or email and ask them to get the most accurate information possible to your question. But IMO, I don't think being completely anonymous is possible unless of course you ask someone to receive payments on your behalf whom you trust (e.g. family, friend etc.) will not disclose your real name to those sending you money. And of course, that friend or whomever would send you the payment from their PayPal account. A rather "long" way around it but the price you'd "pay" to remain completely anonymous to those sending you money.

CU_Designs, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  5. Restr1cted

Restr1cted Peon

Best Answers:
    Buisness account hides it, unless the user truely wants to find your name I think they can. But, if you dont feel safe I advise you just not to buy / sell anything. Totaly up to you.

Restr1cted, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  6. buffalo

Best Answers:
    LOL Good advice, but that's not profitable!! So it comes down to where you have to chose anonymity or cash! :rolleyes:

buffalo, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  7. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a PayPal business account and Use whatever business name ,PayPal will show business name in any transaction..

there is no other way to hide your real name.

If you want a anonymous account than you should get a e-gold a/c
    Use whatever name ,they just don't care :D

DarkX

DarkX, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  8. cb711

cb711 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    e-gold is more secure than paypal

cb711, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  9. buffalo

Best Answers:
    Good idea. I have an egold account. But I like paypal better because I can transfer the paypal into my bank account. And egold can be pretty hard to come by. I think people are willing to spend more in paypal than they are in egold... Right?:confused:

buffalo, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  10. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    E-gold is worth more than PayPal $$
    ----
    Just one thing i never able to get ,why would anyone use e-gold if you can't even cash-out it. :\

you're not gonna ask for the gold bars.

If you find a local e-currency exchanger then ,you will be able to get E-gold >> Cash.(thats how i get my e-gold in real money)

DarkX

DarkX, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  11. CU_Designs

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just out of curiosity, why would you want to hide your name anyway? Are you on the run or something? hehe. Seriously, why do you want to hide from your customers? I'd personally feel more comfortable transacting with someone I know a name to or a business of instead of some anonymous person. Just would seem a little odd to me any other way. But that's just my perspective.

12. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people are not comfortable to show real name for some transaction. ;)

DarkX

DarkX, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  13. buffalo

Best Answers:
    You are right but I'm just a bit uncomfortable with it. Once someone has your name, a simple google search and they can come up with your address, phone number, and a map to your front door... :eek: Unless you are lucky enough to have a name like "Tom Jones" or "Dan Smith" or something that is very common.

buffalo, Aug 21, 2007 IP
    uglyboy likes this.
  14. CU_Designs

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, Buffalo... there's only one really great solution for you if that is your big concern and don't want to find a business partner (preferably someone you know and trust considering your feelings) to be your payment center of some kind -- I would strongly recommend to NOT do any business online until you get your insecurities dealt with.

Sure people can google your information and find where you live but believe me Buffalo, if a person wants to find you, they don't need your name to do it. No ma'am. With the way technology is developing there are much easier ways to find people quicker than actually using a person's name to find their location -- seriously. A name would just bring about "confirmation" that really isn't needed once they got your location.

Now we all know (or should hehe) that most people's fears tend to find their way to the reality of the person's life that "owns" (the originating mind the fear birthed from) the fear; it attracts as quick as the speed of lightning in many cases, unfortunately. So until you handle that fear/insecurity I'd say refrain from doing business online period. After all, what's the rush??? hehe. Unless of course, you get a friend or someone to help you on your behalf and all the while you can still be working on eradicating that uncomfortable feeling with something that will benefit you and others; a win-win situation.

Anonymity is definitely a step in the wrong direction if you want people to trust you and pay you THEIR money. If you feel a potential customer of yours will find your location and whatever else if you give them your name/business name then don't do business with them. It's really that easy and simple. You won't see me giving out my name to someone I don't feel I can trust. I choose to trust people from the start unless someone gives me a reason to not trust them. If I give them my name and months later or something they become untrustworthy, the heck with it. Because by then I'd have their information, too. So, I won't be sweatin' it and will keep on living.

So whatever you decide, always go with your BETTER JUDGMENT and be happy with your choice. I do wish you the best and that you let go of that uncomfortable feeling and choose to replace that with a warm comfortable feeling so that whatever your choice is, that it will be beneficial to you and others equally and simultaneously. :D

Anyway this applies to anyone who feels like Buffalo; just something to consider. BYE NOW and happy money receiving and spending to repeat the cycle indefinitely with ease and effortlessly! Say cheese! :D

buffalo likes this.
  15. Coder

Coder Banned

Best Answers:
    Excellent Mate ;)

Coder, Aug 21, 2007 IP