1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OK.....Still VERY confused!!!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Toonaboat, Aug 21, 2007.

Ok I've been looking around this site all day and I just went to google and read up on adsense and adwords and I'm still so confused. So I don't get it? I create a website and then make an adwords account and people will pay me when someone clicks on the ads within my site but what do I create a site on and how will I get people to come to it and what should my site be about? Please help I'm so confused. I just wanna make money like you guys lol

Toonaboat, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  2. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi. Its very good explained at the google site. But if you cannot understand what they are saying there, you may not be ready to have an adsense account yet, but that will come:)

Open a blog at blogger.com. write about something you really like and knows. Dont think about if the theme is too broad or too niche. just write. Do that and after writing there for some days come back here and ask more.

login, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  3. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    All too often :(

Adpubster, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  4. Toonaboat

Toonaboat Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not so confused on the principles of adsense but more on what could I make a page about that would make money and do I have to be selling a product or anything?

5. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any hobbies or interests.......

Cylon likes this.
  6. Cylon

Cylon Peon

Best Answers:
    if this wasn't a thread I could get green in I wouldn't help. but it is.

you want us to tell you what you want to write a website about? do you want us to tell you what you want to eat for dinner too? write about something you like. (also eat chicken and vegitables for dinner)

first make a site, then we'll tell you how to get more people to it.

also you know you have to be over 18 to get adsense, right?

Cylon, Aug 21, 2007 IP
    Adpubster likes this.
  7. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You did not understand the principles of adsense if you ask if you have to sell anything. Now, to make good site, write about something you know. Dont ask anymore, just do it ;)

login, Aug 21, 2007 IP
    Cylon likes this.
  8. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    trichnosis, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  9. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Good link for him...one thing to note, and this is important, no where on the site above does it say that Adsense is a Get Rich Quick Scheme.

10. devtrench

devtrench Guest

Best Answers:
    Go to my site and look at the recommended reading in the sidebar. All those sites (except bittbox) can help a ton with what you are asking. http://www.devtrench.com

devtrench, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  11. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You sound like you need some direction.

Easiest thing you could do is start a blog at blogger.com commenting on cool or funny videos you see online. Try to embed each video with a comment. Make about 10-20 comments. Use the "labels" field to add keywords to your blog posts. Then sign up for an Adsense account through Blogger. Add Adsense ads on your blog through Blogger's "edit template" option....Then post some more to your blog...keep posting...exchange links with other sites and blogs...advertise you site in your sig on DP.

mike323, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  12. web_dev

web_dev Peon

Best Answers:
    My friend you have entered the first dorm into the world of online business and marketing. You know the gold is out here somewhere but the trouble is you just have to find where it is and it ain't easy. But it is possible.

You can make money through websites but don't expect it to be an easy thing. In oder to build a site, then get people to it and then start making money from it, you will have to go through a loooooooooooooong learning curve and it could be a frustrating process but if you stick around to keep finding answers to your questions like you're doing now, you will get there.

search Google for answers to your questions. There many sites our there that could help you. You will have to do a lot of reading before getting started. Only read the helpful sites. stay away from scam sites which may say "build website for free" or "get 10,000 visitors to your site in one day"

web_dev, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  13. Toonaboat

Toonaboat Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks guys I will try this and let you know how it goes. Thanks Mike I did need some direction