1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How's Google Adsense done for you

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Avatar, Oct 29, 2005.

1. mika

mika Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, not in my case :/ A year ago I had 200K impressions a day on one of my sites and was making only 20 bucks (but only about 5K daily visitors though).

mika, Nov 5, 2005 IP
  2. Less

Less Peon

Best Answers:
    20$ daily or monthly?
    Even if daily, it means that you had 0.10$ eCPM - it's incredibly low.
    What was your type of resource? Some forum or what?

Less, Nov 5, 2005 IP
  3. Avatar

Best Answers:
    On my old site I used to get like 1,000 daily page views and make around $1.
    I had about 10 clicks so each click was worth about .10c.

I'd say the basic formula is TRAFFIC x CONTENT

If you have loads of traffic (like I did with my old site), but advertisers don't realy want to pay much for the traffic, then you won't earn much, vice versa, advertisers would love to pay, but you don't have many visitors.

4. Links2Cash

Links2Cash Peon

Best Answers:
    My eCommerce site has a mailing list of about 500 names; I never thought of putting ads on my newsletter. Now that I have, each page earns me about $1/day. I only have 7 pages so far, but I add 1 page every Sunday. Each page has a piece of jewellery for sale on it, so if that item hasn't sold by the next Sunday, I put it on some traffic exchanges til it sells. My CTR for the newsletter is very high, but on the traffic exchanges it's very low - but I do sell the jewellery, so it balances out.
    But it's hard not to get greedy and send out a page every day! I think I'm getting addicted to AdSense!
    Amanda

Links2Cash, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  5. mika

mika Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, forgot to mention that: daily.

Yes, it was some forums and a search engine for cards from a card game. The search engine was making the most traffic though.

mika, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  6. gdavid666

gdavid666 Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm fairly disappointed. I don't really want adsense to become my goal for the site, but a way to make revenue from the site. And that it has been doing, but only in a nominal fashion - for a 1mill+ page view site (last month)

It seems Google really only encourages people to 'fiddle' with their site to make money, and that has to become an obsession for your daily optimisation of your site to actually make any money. It doesn't allow me to build my site the way I want, and put googleads in there as a bit of a side thing (not in terrible positions, but not so that they annoy visitors). I'm not sure whether that is the way they intended, or care - or its a big fall down in the model overall.

I've been running for a month and a half or so, and it doesn't look any money is coming anytime soon.

The problem for me is that my clicks do not pay enough for my content area, even though their are quite a lot of businesses associated in my area. I am averaging about 7c per click.. that's simply quite poor in my mind, no better than any other form of banner scheme. My expectations were initially 20-30c+ per click, which would net me some tidy income. But it hasn't worked out like that. I am getting decent clicks through adsense, they're just not *paying*.

I could increase the clicks by fiddling around and but there is very little motivation to try and increase the click throughs by adding banners, etc if the rate is so low. I could double my CTR to equal a 14c CPC rate.. but the amount of stuffing around and annoyance of my visitors is barely worth it.

I'm going to be looking at other ad revenue schemes.. as to me, with my site's traffic (1 million unique page views), google simply doesn't cut it as viable or worth it.

And I don't have time to setup 20 sites simply to fan googlead revenue.. that's was never my goal to make money through website advertising. I just wanted to make money off my existing site.

gdavid666, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  7. avillanueva

avillanueva Peon

Best Answers:
    Not much with regards to earning as of the moment. But it has helped me get in touch with my love of writing once again. :)

avillanueva, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  8. earncef

earncef Guest

Best Answers:
    I ahev used almost all tips from great ebooks but I still have a very low earning

earncef, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  9. tangsem

tangsem Peon

Best Answers:
    Around 10$/day for me, resulting in the total revenue per month around $300. Pleased with this result and looking forward to building much more websites.

tangsem, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  10. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i wonder why..:rolleyes:

dzcap, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  11. Des

Des Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm having the biggest trouble getting continious and decent traffic to my sites, most of them are only getting like 50 uniques a day and about 100 - 200 pageviews... on average this means I altogether make something like 5 dollar a day which is not that much really...

Des, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  12. joomla

joomla Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm really new to all of these. I used to get below $1/day few months ago, so i don't bother my self with it. Until I played with the ad placement last week, then I started earning $15-$25 a day. My impressions are 10k-15k per day, 60 average clicks this past few days.

So I can see earning $500+ per month. My target now is earning $500 per week.

I'm still experimenting on my ad placement. Actually I just started making use of channels which is really helpful.

joomla, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  13. joomla

joomla Peon

Best Answers:
    is 60 clicks worth $15?
    Those clicks are so cheap!
    I experimented with chitika last night, and I got almost $1 per clicks.
    I wonder if I should rather concentrate with chitika.

joomla, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  14. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    on 15k impressions you should get to your target pretty soon. Good luck.

Swordfish, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  15. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am getting 1 cent clicks, migrating everything off to YPN where they don't have SP!

dzcap, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  16. joomla

joomla Peon

Best Answers:
    how long did you wait to get approved? I'm still waiting for my approval, it's been more than a week now.

joomla, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  17. joomla

joomla Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope... thanks.

joomla, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  18. Des

Des Peon

Best Answers:
    'what's SP?

Des, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  19. Des

Des Peon

Best Answers:
    Never mind... had a 2 second blackout when I wrote that reply ;)

Des, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  20. marclindsay

marclindsay Peon

Best Answers:
    heard lots about YPN and chikita recently.

May have to check them up.

Adsense covers all my internet expenses each month with building new sites, domain, learning etc, over $1000 p/m

I am actually hoping to quadriple it in the next say 6 months, but we will see.

marclindsay, Nov 8, 2005 IP