1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I rank well for a popular image - now what ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Scriptona, Aug 17, 2007.

Hello,

I own a forum that rank in the first page in google images for a popular celebrity

How can i benefit from this ?

How can i do better image SEO so i get more photos rank high in SE ?

I just loved the traffic it is giving to me and need to get more by ranking high for more images in the same category

Scriptona, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  2. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just get more images. The page titles of the pages displaying the images helps the SEO.

live-cms_com, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  3. Alfredito

Alfredito Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really get good traffic(at list 1000 ppl a day) so you should start selling ads' and links to other sites...

Alfredito, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  4. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm asking about SEO not how to monetize the site

It is a forum so users control the titles and such, or else I'll have to edit the title of every thread manually and it might not be even comfortable for the users

I need some tips about optimizing images in forum posts for better SERPS

Scriptona, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  5. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you want to get more visitors from google images, use

* human readable file names
    * use image alt and title tags

trichnosis, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  6. BlindCat

BlindCat Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi there. Good to hear about your success.

Well sadly, Google Image traffic do not convert well........Not many people actually bother to look at the site...they just open the Picture, save it or enlarge it....then closes it!

So i have a better suggestion for you --

Add 'Watermark' in those pictures....Maybe your site name.........or something 'catchy' .....e.g. Watch Jessica Alba in sexy Bikini @ yourdomain.com

So this will actually make them...'think' and some of them might actually go and check your site :)

For Better Image optmization:

1. Use meaningful file names e.g. Jessica-alba-bikini.jpg
    2. Use alt tags e.g. alt="Jessica alba in Bikini"
    3. Use title tag to show a nice tooltip when someone moves the mouse over the image e.g. Title="Jessica Alba Bikini Picture" [ This helps in SERP ]

Hope this helps.

BlindCat, Aug 18, 2007 IP
    Scriptona likes this.
  7. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Actually I just get around +10 daily sign ups in the forum just because of this image

It was almost an abandoned forum until this image ranked well and brought traffic to the forum so now i'm giving it some time of mine as i see the traffic growing and members increasing

Next thing to do will be posting some new threads with unique content that might give the members the incentive to tell their friends about the forum

I'm not considering monetization at all since the forum is not big enough for me to send the visitors away specially those who come from search engines because they are not loyal to the place yet

we can say that this ranking was all by chance but i'm not willing to give this away for no good ;)

So I need to copy that to more images posted in the forum (we have a built in gallery) and people post pictures in the threads as well so the forum is mostly based on photos rather than text

any more tips about image optimization will be appreciated

Scriptona, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  8. BlindCat

BlindCat Banned

Best Answers:
    Hallo again...yeah thats the point...if you are ranking in top 10 for a very popular celebrity's image search you should be getting ...atleast 500 -2k daily uniques!

So daily 10+ new members...means. your traffic is not converting well...you can do a lot better........... so if you put watermarks in your images... people might actually want to register in your forum to get MORE pictures like that... you get what i mean?

You can go the dp services forum and hire some forum posters....for posting unique ...good quality content.....it might help..

Well I agree that people who come from SE are not loyal...but they can be converted into loyal members...if they find your FORUM useful for their purposes.

Cheers

BlindCat, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  9. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well,

the image is not hosted on my forum, but a member posted a link to it in a post and when you search in google, the image shows through my forum ;)

So i'm afraid of altering the image url because i dunnow if it will affect my ranking or not (however page url stays the same)

what i have done so far is editing the post and switching to html editing and added alt tags and title tags

I currently show up in page 1 the 3rd row

hoping those changes gets me up to the first row in the results page instead of the 3rd one

IF this works, i'll copy this technique to all the images in the forum and see how it goes

Thanks for your tips - enjoy the greens (you earned it) ;)

Scriptona, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  10. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ok time to update this

This image was hosted on an image hosting site and linked into a post in my forum

I uploaded the image to my server and changed the link in the post

After few days tried searching for the image in google but seems I lost my high position

it has been like 3 weeks since I did this but i'm still getting good traffic from Google and getting new sign ups (think i'm ranking high on a local google search )

it was good adventure with being high rank on image search though :D

Scriptona, Sep 7, 2007 IP