1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your experience with the new Google referrals

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by footballboy, Jul 3, 2007.

1. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    I got my first conversion on an iphones website, and I received $11.54.

For the past few weeks, I've been making $5-$10 per day for regular Adsense on the same site.

TikTok, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  2. johny123

johny123 Peon

Best Answers:
    so how long did you have to put the referrals up to make one conversion?

johny123, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  3. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    My referrals 2.0 account was only activated on Monday, July 3rd, and I think I posted the first referral ads that evening.

Edit: now two conversions, $23.08.

TikTok, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  4. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is really Brilliant :D

Red_Virus, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  5. MilesB

MilesB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone recommend good referral cpa's in Adsense to try out?

MilesB, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  6. Dogmatic

Dogmatic Active Member

Best Answers:
    "reffered by Google" is the only thing that will stop me from trying it. Why would I drop my CJ campaigns for such silly program.

Dogmatic, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  7. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    I have suggested at least 13 improvements for the google referral ads, if I can remember them all I will list them - but here is what I remember off the top of my head:

Google Adsense Referral Improvement Suggestions:

1) Publishers choosing category targetting can remove miscategorized referral ads by adwords users - this will improve category targeting and chances of monetizing a site

2) A currency conversion to USD equivalent (or currency of choice so accurate comparisons of potential commission can be made).

3) Possibly an email alert system that can notify publishers when specified referrals are no longer available (as some may need to change options for their site if they chose only a set amount of referrals).

4) A few referral products are showing payment as TRY0.01 (is that $0.01 USD for downloading software? - setting some minimum for specific actions - or letting publishers remove those referrals from the category rotation that are obviously not going to help monetize the site unless 1000 or so people download that bit of software per day - and then it is only $10).

5) Websites generally have a userbase that covers several countries - how does google assure that incorrect referrals are not showing to people who don't qualify due to their country. Perhaps enabling an alternate url (so that adsense for content or a google referral or a referral that IS available to that person will show if using it as a standard banner ad rather than highlighting the referral through endorsement).

6) Referral shopping carts can be saved and then edited as required (so new ads can be manually added to the product rotation and old ads or poor coverting ones can be removed etc).

7) Demographic targetting (gender/age group etc)- instead of content theme advertisers can choose a demographic to advertise to that publishers can match with their website visitors - can improve conversion on well chosen referral ads.

8) Advise adwords advertisers to use greater variety in ad size - too many only have 468x60 available and when shown in 728x90 or other formats it isn't effective... some are extremely poorly written and when visiting the site via the adsense control panel - it doesn't match what the ad says.

hmm, sorry can only remember 8 - and I know I should have copied them down and made a post as each time I go into the referral ads I find something else that needs improving.

Obviously it is early days - but really, there is a huge opportunity for google to gain a sizeable portion of the affiliate/CPA market but they need to make a lot of improvements in usability as well as products and how the products are presented.

I just wish I had a niche enough site or sites to really stand a chance of making something - as it stands, my current sites aren't really suited to referrals.

Good luck to those who have suitable sites.

Ganceann, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  8. filipina

filipina Peon

Best Answers:
    I was really impressed with the referral program for about 10 days.... but here I am today taking another look at this... last two days 91 referrals and 1 conversion for $3.84. that seems almost impossible since the ads are relevant to my site.. It raises a BS alert for me. I will have my worst day with adsense since June 2006 today.

I noticed that advertisers are dropping their payout without notice, in many cases by half or more. So you get a conversion and then find out... so then you are faced with leaving the site with the much lower pay out or going in and editing all your referrals ads to remove the site. I also noticed the selection of sites are not increasing, and even seem to be decreasing.

filipina, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  9. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yesterday one my friend made $70 from referral , that fuc*er didnt say what was products and his method .... !!! ( me too didnt say him when i made same of amound from adsense a day ..lol)

So it's possible ....

leandar, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  10. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to deactivate Google Referrals, after a week of testing.
    140 clicks and zero conversions :(

ajsa52, Jul 29, 2007 IP
  11. darkbreed

darkbreed Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I dont know about the rest of you but for me Referrals 2.0 has been a great success.. Lately its not uncommon I have days with more than $100 in revenue. I only add the highest paying referrals.. there are many that pay around 25 dollars and up for free registrations with no obligations etc. all people gotta do is click the ad and fill in name, adress and email, and the money comes in your pocket. Actually, I had one referral paying me 76 dollars but I couldnt quite figure out which one it was.. but it was related to telemarketing as it said in my stats "Telemarketing" under referallas and one conversion gave me 76 dollars or so.. dunno if that was a free signup or if some guy actually paid for some service or product.

In any case, there are many referreals in 2.0 that pays as I said from 20-30 and even 40 dollars for free singups and free downloads of manuals or software and etc, free trial periods of services and so on, and I make sure to only add these high paying referrals on my site.. and to put it short: Great success! I had more than 1300 dollars earned so far this month so I say the new referrals have increased my income by around 4 or so.

Good luck, just browse through the "show all" in the referrals, and find the high paying ones...

Some tips:

k-11 free school (Connection Acadamy) pays 20 something per signup which leads the clicker to a page they only fill out basic info and the money is yours..

Theres lots more, look around.

Peace

darkbreed, Jul 29, 2007 IP
  12. gerer

gerer Peon

Best Answers:
    referal 2.0 pay less first of all its hard to get any clicks forget the conversions

gerer, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  13. midpoint

midpoint Banned

Best Answers:
    The free IQ test converts about 80% on my website about brain-teasers.
    It only pays $0.38 I think but that's better than the $0.01-$0.03 clicks I get on that site. Also The free website design and hosting, I think it's Homestead Websites or something like that has converted a few times for me at $50 a piece.

midpoint, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  14. Uber

Uber Peon

Best Answers:
    :( referrals seem to have decided not to display on my site... they looked great for an hour or so.... then disappeared .... I put them on another site on another server with the same result... I did a few web searches and notice that a lot of folks are having this issue.... wtf Google? I'll have to take mine off becaude of the way it messes up my site having three blank spaces!

Uber, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  15. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    Why putting 3 referrals on any page?

You should look at mixing and matching - 1 or 2 ad units along with 1 referral unit rather than 3 referral units.

Ganceann, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  16. Uber

Uber Peon

Best Answers:

because it works for me:p... the official help says...

so that means each page can support
    3 ad units
    3 link units
    2 Search boxes
    AND 3 referral units... ;)

my site is big and long and rambling amd messy (because it is aimed at teens)... so there are lots of places to put ads....I tried making it look "professional" once and the traffic dropped like a stone!.... go figure... but there is plenty of content...

Uber, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  17. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think it will take some time before people understand it. I think it would be better with Image ads like CJ

TheSyndicate, Aug 18, 2007 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  18. nobshyip

nobshyip Guest

Best Answers:
    Mix and matching would be good for Referral 2.0. I have a few conversions (to my surprise) and I think it has the potential, but like what Dogmatic says, why risk your existing better affiliate campaigns for Referral 2.0 until the situation improves?

nobshyip, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  19. luftkop

luftkop Peon

Best Answers:
    for me it doesn't work, maybe my content doesn't match with their ads. May be I 've to wait for may Ads

luftkop, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  20. arcadesstuff

arcadesstuff Banned

Best Answers:
    What's this referrals thing ?
    Does the user have to download something from some site or does he have to buy some product from that site?

arcadesstuff, Aug 18, 2007 IP