1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

India economy are doing better what does american can say about this

Discussion in 'General Business' started by weblazer, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    China sure is growing, but they have couple of problems they need to handle:
    1) laws & regulations need to ensure open markets (not a problem for people who know China, but still something to consider)
    2) English (while not a problem, India happens to have more English speaking people because of their history)

Anyway... so what if India does better? It's not like it's away from the rest of us - it's growth for everybody :)

Game Producer, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  2. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. They started addressing this in the late 1980s. They've been progressing quite fast considering their starting point. And their commitment to quality control, I mean willingness to execute those who fail, can only inspire confidence among foreign investors. :)

2. English is perhaps more of a barrier for the call centers, but not for raw power. China is fine in this area. Their middle class and number of millionaires is growing at a fantastic clip. This is one of those issues that will naturally go away as China grows up and opens up further.

Right now there's extra-high growth because of the 2008 Olympics. I'm curious to see what happens afterwards. Will most of the new hotels being built now experience high vacancy rates?

If you're an investor, playing on China's growth with companies like McDonalds can be a home run.

marketjunction, Aug 17, 2007 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  3. World_Peace

World_Peace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i am sure that India would soon be able to take over china in near future. i do agree that at present china is making some real movements in the workd stock prices and is playing a important role in global business but soon i think indian is gonna be ahead of it and for Us i think they would also gain a bit f they stop going on war spears.

World_Peace, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  4. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Yep, very true - English naturally is no problem in many things - but on the other hand: it's a problem in many online biz opportunities, unless there's some kind of project manager who speaks English (and his team members just Chinese)

With Olympics, comes also dealing with the human rights issues.

Game Producer, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  5. Grumps

Grumps Peon

Best Answers:
    If it happens, you wont probably see them anytime soon. Maybe the next generation will. Southern India is still in poverty. Indian freelancer are still taking peny for works.

Grumps, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  6. gerritpoel

gerritpoel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt India will over take China anytime soon...
    The thing that slows China down will be their One Child Policy..
    Slowly number might decrease fore them

Marketjunction made facts quite clear with his posts, if they are facts..

The Point to the language English:

1 Mandarin: 1051 Million
    2 English: 510 Million
    3 Hindi: 490 Million

Things are pretty much going their way at the moment..

gerritpoel, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  7. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Could be, but if 800 million farmers speak chinese ;) it has little impact on the use of language in business: English is the first business language - at least for now.

Naturally it's true that not everybody need to speak English, but it's still nevertheless an issue in China.

8. funindya

funindya Peon

Best Answers:
    i just want to tell you all that
    once come in India and see
    we are not that old Indians....Today`s India is totally different
    we are new generation and ouR passion is to win
    though i respect America as its the most powerful country and i don't care about china,these days In India money is coming from all sides Indians just overtaking big big companies.each and every Indians are earning alot their spending power have been increased
    anyways time will automatically show that what we are.....
    but i can assure this that
    INDIA IS THE NEXT SUPER POWER

funindya, Aug 17, 2007 IP
    rockys likes this.
  9. nevocsolutions

nevocsolutions Guest

Best Answers:
    the uk outsource most of its call centre work to india and since they have the customer service is terrible. (id use stronger words but dont want to get in trouble) having gone to india for a holiday and sent people to work there. the rich are rich the poor are living under a sheet at the side of the road in some cases. The area an engineer who works with me went to was basically a shanty town built around the local power plant and another around the local steel mill.

it annoys me that all the big countries are going on about carbon footprints and then complaining about china and indias growth and the pollution they are putting out because of it but we forget when places like the usa and uk were on the rise we did the same thing.

india and china will be big players in years to come. unless the usa goverment feel threatened and then the govement of the country will go from being a goverment to a regime that need to be stopped.

nevocsolutions, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  10. harshakiran

harshakiran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Indian is strong economically

But i dont see in new future India over take countries like usa,germany

harshakiran, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  11. fireatwork

fireatwork Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya.. India surely is doing well... still lot of efforts need to be made in terms of agriculture, society and many other things...

India ROCKS :)

fireatwork, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  12. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    lol - you guys sure have developed self-confidence :D That's the spirit.

13. sharkyx

sharkyx Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not very familiar with the Indian market and scene, but i can assure you that India will never become the most powerful country in the world, ever. They're behind the us a few decades, as standard of living is concerned. There are a lot of rich people in india, but tens-hundred millions live in poverty, in raggedy conditions, a lot of exploited people on 100 $ per 12 hours of work etc. That's the info my uncle gave me, who recently did a business trip in India and wasn't at all impressed.

sharkyx, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  14. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Yes, I gave you facts. I don't deal with "rally around the flag syndrome" or loose comments based on nothingness. You can research and look up everything I've said.

As you can see from the numbers, India has issues and is far behind China, which is behind the USA.

India doesn't have the capacity to become a hegemonic state. While China is a bit of a stretch at this point, you can see potential within 4-5 decades at present rates.

You've got to stay away from percents and look at raw facts. Compare apples to apples.

A man with $1 can get a 100% increase by simply finding another $1. Another man might only get a 10% increase, but maybe he has $100. He has $9 more than the first man.

If it matters, while it's full speed ahead for China, some economic organizations are forecasting a slowdown for India.

It's the USA's game to lose at this point. And we're doing a fine job at losing it. :)

China will be in the mix and Russia is making a resurgence.

15. Napoleon

Napoleon Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, lets keep this false patriotism aside for a moment and think. Do you know how many are suffering from poverty? Do you know how many are homeless? Do you know how many farmers are ending their lives unable to pay their debts? Do you know how many poor girls are dragged into prostitution because of poverty? Our economy is very different from the yanks'. You cannot claim that we're developing just because the software pros or companies are getting richer. I appreciate your confidence, but facts are more powerful.

Napoleon, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  16. modernz

modernz Banned

Best Answers:
    india do well economaly becauce of thier hardwork and lot of population and amrica give his best support to india

modernz, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  17. MISsupport

MISsupport Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm Canadian where rules are like in the US. If the US economy goes weak so is the Canadian one. We export more elsewhere than before but still a lot to the US.

The Indian/Chinese economy are link to the strength of the US economy. If the US go in a recession so is India/China. Also, the rules of making business are not the same. The regulation are more strict in North America. When US consumers start to demand the same environmental/safety protection in India/China, then the cost will go way up.

North American may pay less for some products but those who lost their job to outsourcing don't think it's fair when the playing field is not the same. For now, the effect of outsourcing is not the biggest political issue. But if the North American economy start to weaken where too many loose there job to outsourcing then Indian and Chinese will be the first casualty. You can only outsource to a certain point.

Let's hope that current US loan fiasco does not bring down the US economy more.

My 2 Canadian cents ;)

MISsupport, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  18. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Yep. When the USA catches a cold, the whole world gets the sniffles.

19. rockys

rockys Banned

Best Answers:
    The most important stat's of china were missed by you. They have a communist government, which supresses the entreprenual thinking, while India is a democratic country. History could be clearly seen if you compare Russia and U.S. during the cold war.
    Morever, the biggest problem in China is the one kid problem, The working population of the country is the force that drives the country's econmic growth. Just think what would happen if the working population is less than the dependent population. India has around 74%.
    Morever, China is a country which ban's exposure to many online stuff, they had even banned google, I don't know whether it's still there.
    In china the very top people control the entire country. Very strict labour laws, hence human right's are an issue too.
    Every country has poor's, homeless and corrupted. If you know farmer's problem is solved now because they are now allowed to sell directly to companies. Prostitution is more in U.S. then India and every country has (have a visit to Las Vegas ;))
    Software and Outsourcing biz are not the sole thing's that support Indian Economy, There are just the hyped. India's first two richest men are no way related to software and outsourcing biz.

rockys, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  20. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    I didn't miss anything. Yes, China has a communist government. And?

As I pointed out earlier, they started opening up their borders in the 1980's. They are inviting businesses to come and invest and they are adopting "Western" principles.

You could call China a "hybrid." They are doing what Russia, et all failed to do, which is merge a degree of capitalism with their more controlling government philosophy.

And yes, they could just up and take everything from foreign companies, but so could the US, Germany, UK and anyone else.

The one child rule isn't an issue whatsoever. In fact, it's a catalyst. Children in China are now being spoiled, which is why Saks Fifth Avenue and many high-end retailers are flocking to China. Their population and work force is already enourmoous. And their growth isn't contingent on them cranking out kids. I'd simply point to the USA, which has slow population growth--much slower than China.

Many, because of receiving all the spoils of the family, are opening up multiple businesses. There's some amazing things blossoming there.

You've got to look at raw numbers. If there's 4x the couples in China as the USA, couples in the USA would need to average 4 kids just to keep up. And China's population growth is greater than India's.

China banning Google is of no relevance to their growth. They've got their own Google anyway.

In closing, human rights are only a GROWTH issue when MNC's and others doing business in China make it one and they're not at this juncture.

And for those of you that know your history, you know that at one point Russia (communist state) and the USA were neck and neck.

Why did Russia lose/fall? They went broke basically. China has all the things I've mentioned and is in a much better position than Russia. Also, they aren't engaged in a "cold war" scenario.

I only brought that up to show that thinking a communist state can't rise hire than a democratic one is foolish. (India is a federal republic)