1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VerbalBattle.com Please appraise

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by drmike, Aug 16, 2007.

Hello, I would appreciate any appraisals of www.VerbalBattle.com . It is an online debate community. I just launched it last month and already have 50 members and over 800 posts. Average around 1-2 new members per day and 30-100 posts per day.

Appreciate any input. Tthanks!

drmike, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  2. suzybakeoven

suzybakeoven Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe xxx with more history.

suzybakeoven, Aug 16, 2007 IP
    drmike likes this.
  3. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks suzy, rep added!

drmike, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  4. detnordberg

detnordberg Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should develop this and be a little creative and allow these verbal battlers to upload sound clips. This way, visitors could have the option of listening to the battles in addition to reading the transcripts.

detnordberg, Aug 16, 2007 IP
    drmike likes this.
  5. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this site is pretty cool and a great idea too. Develop it and it could easily hit $xx,xxx...but you will need to categorize so your link sales and adverts will be targeted.. :)

BrianJump, Aug 16, 2007 IP
    drmike likes this.
  6. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks detnor and Brian, rep added for both of you. That is a really great idea on the audio clips, I am going to look into that. And as per your suggestion Brian, I am not even sure how to categorize the site. That was one of the main things of the site was how it is open to all topics. I am not sure what to do in regards to that.

drmike, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  7. BottomUpSites

BottomUpSites Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree Mike, hard to categorize. The only way to categorize is within the site, i.e. Verbal Battles about a, b, c, ... That way you could have main advertising on the one page, then sub-advertising pages on the different categories.

Either way, I really like the domain and idea. Get a decent PR and I would say mid $xxxx.

BottomUpSites, Aug 17, 2007 IP
    drmike likes this.
  8. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks bottom, rep added!

drmike, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  9. TheBizZone

TheBizZone Banned

Best Answers:
    it just needs a little advertising so members will increase and yes you need to categorized it and from it you can earn more. maybe $xx,xxx

TheBizZone, Aug 17, 2007 IP
    drmike likes this.
  10. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Biz, rep added.

drmike, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  11. ItsMeMark

ItsMeMark Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice domain name, especially if it's only into it's second month. Currently I would (noob) estimate it at the lower $xxx also but agree that you can fix it up and greatly increase that.

ItsMeMark, Aug 17, 2007 IP
    drmike likes this.
  12. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input Mark, rep added, and its actually not even into its second month yet, still in the 3rd week, hopefully will have a few hundred members by the 2nd month!. Right now I am looking at switching it to simple forums to give me more control options, so hopefully that will also help the value.

I do have a question howver not sure if anyone here can answer. If I do use software such as Simple Mahcines, would I legally be allowed to sell the website or would I be restricted from doing so as it has their software on it?

drmike, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  13. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site has been redone and upgraded if any one wishes to re evaluate it. Saldy I lost all my posts and members when switching forum software, but I feel it looks 10 times better and just hope my member base will re-register within the next few days. Rep we be given for new reviews!

drmike, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  14. deccanbazaar.biz

deccanbazaar.biz Banned

Best Answers:
    well the name is really good may make xx,xxx if developed litle more :)

deccanbazaar.biz, Aug 18, 2007 IP
    drmike likes this.
  15. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks deccan, rep added. I have full intentions on develping it to the point where I cant develop it any more. The current plan is to do some advertising to get the forums busy again, and than move on to new features I want to implement.

drmike, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  16. sahilcoolsmart

sahilcoolsmart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The domain has some potential. If you can make a cool web 2.0 style debate site then i think it's worth more than just something.

sahilcoolsmart, Aug 18, 2007 IP
    drmike likes this.
  17. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad thigns turned out! I was worried about loosing a lot of memebrs when I lost my database of members and posts, however most of returned. It has not even been 48 full hours since i put the new site up and already we have 22 members, 45 topics, and 165 posts! I can not wait to start advertising this site!

drmike, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  18. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just wondering if people still feel the same about the appraisals listed here.

drmike, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  19. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Purrrrty Please? All of the appraisals on it are a year+ old. I am curious to see if they are the same or different and don't want to start another thread... DP already has enough threads.

drmike, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  20. suzybakeoven

suzybakeoven Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I appraised in the past, I will do again. First, I love the domain name. SInce I debated in high school, verbal battle makes sense to me. Second, I think the standard forum format does not do it for this topic.
    According to your site, in one year you have 15 members, which suggest to me that your medium of choice does not meet the needs of your market. Who do you want to join your site? Why should they join? What are you offering them? What arethe best marketing techniques for this site? I think if you can begin to answer these questions, you'll start to understand what to do with this site. Visit whereistand dot com. They might be the closest thing to a verbal battle type of site.

suzybakeoven, Feb 12, 2009 IP