1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$900 spent - Will I Get PR6?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by nikolaalx, Aug 16, 2007.

?

Will I Climb From PR4 to PR6 with these $900?

1. Yes. I think you made a sound investment and you should get good results and a PR6 respectively.

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. It is hard tell. You will probably make a PR5. You could have spent the money better.

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. No, you have squandered the $900 and your PR isn't likely to change very much.

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
    :eek: Before Voting, Please read my thread carefully. Thanks. :eek:

Hi,
    I have a site which is currently PR4.

for the last month I invested exactly $900 for SEO. And to be more precise i gave this money for links.

Here is a breakdown of the links and services which i purchased.

1 - A yearlong link on a PR7 site. - Including homepage and 7 inner pages which are all with a PR7. The site has exactly 11 outbound links and 13 inner links on the homepage.

2 - A yearlong link on a PR7 site - Only homepage. The site has 3 outbound links and 24 internal.

3 - #1 bid on a PR6 bidding directory (should stay for at least 6 months or so on the homepage)

4 - #1 bid on a PR6 bidding directory (should stay for at least 6 months or so on the homepage)

5 - #1 bid on a PR5 bidding directory (should stay for at least 6 months or so on the homepage)

6 - Paid for 1000 directory submissions perofrmed by a reputable directory submitter.

7 - Paid for 120 guaranteed low pr links (0-3) on different sites

Now Please tell me, do you think I will manage to climb from PR4 to PR6 with this investment? And moreover, do you think I spent the budget which I had wisely ? If not, how would you spend it yourself?

Your professional opinion will be beneficial for me and for everyone who is thinking of spending money on Links in the future.

Thanks,
    Nik

nikolaalx, Aug 16, 2007 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  2. imnajam

imnajam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody can predict what would happen, further there is a possibility that you will climb to PR 6 but nothing for sure.

In my opinion there are upto 65% chances that you will get PR6.

The remaining 35% is due to uncertainity and google algorithm updates, and report paid link feature in webmaster console, so there is even more uncertainity but still a hope that you will get PR 6.

Goodluck

P.S:I am not voting as my vote should be for "Maybe. I think you made a sound investment and you should get good results and a PR6 respectively (but uncertainity is because of google algo update & paid link report)"

imnajam, Aug 16, 2007 IP
    nikolaalx likes this.
  3. alan8888

alan8888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if u have a 3 link in Pr6 directory. ..and the directory only 1 link to your page...but don't have any other link...u will have pr6

alan8888, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  4. nikolaalx

nikolaalx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks mate!

nikolaalx, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  5. imnajam

imnajam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are welcome, put me in your friends list, and do PM me when your site get's updated :) I have good hope for you to get PR6.

Rating my previous post is appreciated:)

imnajam, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  6. tushardhoot1

tushardhoot1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! I do hope that you get PR6, you spent quite a bit of time and money into this.

Congrats in advance.

tushardhoot1, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  7. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    I voted for yes, as long as Google does not make any major changes to its page ranking system. Those 2 PR7's seem to be very high quality and would probably pull you up to PR5 on their own. It really depends on where you really are now. You can never really tell if you're a "strong PR4", as in almost a PR5, or if you're a "weak PR4", as in nearly a PR3.

davewashere, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  8. Ratman2050

Ratman2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would assure you to get a PR6, but really now you have the Link Building down, all you have left is to work OnPage SEO, and then have quality content.

Ratman2050, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  9. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    i really hope you get it..but the amount you spent does not mean anything. If you know what you need to to (on-site SEO)..and WHERE to submit. Quality over Quantity

GeorgR., Aug 16, 2007 IP
  10. nikolaalx

Best Answers:
    Dont congratulate me yet! Thank you for the kind words!

Thank you man! I guess I have to figure a way to add some quality content...

thanks!

nikolaalx, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  11. sarathy

sarathy Peon

Best Answers:
    No you may not get a pr 6 for that if you have heavy competition who are working on building quality content., Though the pr 7 link may help a bit

sarathy, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  12. madkad

madkad Active Member

Best Answers:
    People look into PR to much and it isnt everything its made out to be, well infact its only good for selling links to people that think its worth something.

madkad, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  13. eHoez.com

eHoez.com Peon

Best Answers:
    you're gonna have to tell us, in 3-6months

eHoez.com, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  14. monty2002

monty2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems strange you spent $900 on trying to get pr6 when others have spent $0 on pr6+, I would say you should probably be more patient, your money will probably get you pr6, but you could have saved yourself $900 with a lot more effort and patience...

just my two cents...

monty2002, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  15. nikolaalx

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely right! This is why I started this thread. The site which I am promoting so heavily to gain PR is a link selling directory.

:) will do mate :)

People who dont spend any money, spend time and efforts. And for me personally, time is money. In fact, time is more precious than money. Time can give you love, and through the availability of time, you can get love. Whilst, money cant.

I am in this business for over 2 years now and I know patience is the key. But I also know that when competing with 500 million other results for a particular search term, it takes a little bit more than patience. It takes resources aswell.

Cheers

nikolaalx, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  16. monty2002

monty2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but now you have to make $900 before you even start earning money, and thats not guaranteed you know...

monty2002, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  17. namaste

namaste Peon

Best Answers:
    To start with, we will first know, what exactly is page rank and whats the equation which will determine its Pagerank:

Here:
    and
    Hope, it helps.

namaste, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  18. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think you will get more PR than 4 this coming update, you bought the links to close to the update. (if there will ever be an update). And nobody knows if Google are changing something, they are up to something for sure, but nobody knows what.
    I hope you get PR6 later. And I hope you need PR6, are you selling links? If not that money is maybe better spend in getting visitors.

login, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  19. adrianzak

adrianzak Banned

Best Answers:
    For sure you will get PR6 !
    Good Work .

adrianzak, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  20. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please explain why he will get PR6 when buying links close to an PR update.

login, Sep 4, 2007 IP