1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why don't republicans fight back?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Henny, Nov 3, 2005.

I just don't get it. Why don't republicans fight the onslought of lies from the left wing? I mean hell, WMDs HAVE been found, didn't we find a centifuge device in some assholes back yard? I am so sick of this shit I could puke, the consevatives are so weak and put up with all this bolisterious crap from discredited fokers like wilson. When in the hell are we going to fight back? WMD HAVE BEEN FOUND IN IRAQ!~!!! They found them like a year ago, WTF!

OK' Ill respond, lol. We also found like what 2 TONS of uranium and yellow cake or some such shit?

*dances off to do research*

Henny, Nov 3, 2005 IP
    tom22 and GuyFromChicago like this.
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Be glad to see that research.

GRIM, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  3. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, NY Times May 22nd, 2004

You will have to pay the $3.95 that NYT charges to read the whole article to get the rest but there was also yellow cake uranium found. When the democrat leader of the house was projected with this he said to nuke iran, ok i made that part up, lol. (not the $3.95 part)

Henny, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  4. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    TommyD, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They did? An actual weapon? How come I never heard about it?

digitalpoint, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  6. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but from what I know all of this was known by the UN and under inspection/seal not making it a WMD find. Hence nobody is claiming it was the WMD's we've been looking for. If they were it would not be the press stating it, it would be the administration bringing it up constantly, of which I have yet to see.

GRIM, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  7. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:

I remember in the news the mustard gas bombs IED used, UN inspectors said their WMD components were looted, and radioactive material(waste) was said to been found. Iraq has no 'known' working nuclear plant.

It made headlines but soon something like Cobe, or El Nino took front page.

hth,

tom

TommyD, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  8. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Of which the inspectors again knew what was at the sites, of which they were actively inspecting before the war = no WMD.

GRIM, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Waste and a broken weapon (missing parts) isn't much of a weapon IMO.

If that (or a centrifuge or whatever else they found over there) is classified as a WMD, then most likely every country in the world is armed with WMDs.

digitalpoint, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  10. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. REALLY?? WHAT? WHERE? :confused:

Basically what you just quoted, was that they found uranium and radioactive junk at a nuclear faciliity? What did you expect they would find in a nuclear facility... light bulbs? :rolleyes:

You see, many items have many uses (it COULD HAVE been used to make a dirty bomb but guess what is was ACTUALLY USED FOR?)

The 1.95 tons of uranium you quoted so nicely... you forgot to quote what the rest of the article said:
    So as evidence of a "WMD" you source a bunch of material being used to test oil wells and pipelines.. because it could have, possibly, maybe been used to make a "dirty" bomb.... Nice work detective!!

yo-yo, Nov 3, 2005 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  11. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Uranium is not suitable for making a dirty bomb.

That's like saying small pox isn't suitable for catapult ammo.

So, it's true not suitable for a dirty bomb in the its killing potential, the uranium is much more suitable for making atomic bombs. So it appears the author was making a comment to down grade the potential of making an ineffective killing device, but only at the cost of making an highly effective killing device, an atomic bomb.

So yes, if you have tons of Uranium you would be an idiot to make a dirty bomb with it and hope for a panic, when you can create nasty other stuff and kill and guareenteed to cause a panic. Don't kid yourself, atomic bomb knowledge isn't hard to come by, and the ability to make them with the resources is fairly easy. Why we spend so much money monitoring the world.

:(

tom

TommyD, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  12. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    You apparently didn't read the entire thing either.

I don't know what this says to you, but, it says to me that they found other items besides just Uranium.

palespyder, Nov 4, 2005 IP
    rickbender1940 likes this.
  13. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps if we'd gone after the bigger target, Osama, instead of invading a country the American people would still be behind the President.

If we'd have gone after the terrorists and Iraq stepped in our way, then we crush them. Right now all I see in the news (even on Fox) is the White House backpeddling trying to find some "good" reason for going in. Some moral high ground they can get the public to rally around. The fact that it's taken this long to come up with that reason, in my mind says there isn't one.

Sorry Ma'am, you're only child is dead because we made a mistake.

GeorgeB., Nov 4, 2005 IP
  14. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry Ma'am if your only child is dead but his cousins are not being tortured anymore and they now have a future.

If only them bloody terrorists would give up taking over the newly born and therefore weak democracy...

Yeah, the second Gulf war was avoidable if we went all the way to Baghdad in the first one.

Thank the Russians and their economical interests (not to forget a few others, Germany, France, China, etc)

uca, Nov 4, 2005 IP
    palespyder likes this.
  15. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I forgot to reply to the thread starter.

The Reps don't fight back enough, or at least not as much as you wish probably for a typical reason, the same for which they complain less and don't arganize those huge marches, sit-ins, demonstrations and stuff, that is...they don't have time! No time to waste as they typically work their asses off while the others just have fun complaining anyway, Bush bashing, supporting terrorism and so on...

That's where sometimes I think democracy as it is in modern times, is a failure. It allows things that endanger itself, such as support of terrorism etc.

uca, Nov 4, 2005 IP
    rickbender1940 likes this.
  16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What does that have anything to do with it? No WMD's found as in banned, not under seal, inspection, etc makes it they have no case to fight on. :confused:

Show where stock piles of WMDs were found so that the admin would have something to fight on. Components, dual use items, items under seal, made inoperable and known by the inspectors does not count as a WMD find in any logical sense of the term.

I would very much like to see WMD's found, so far however they have not been.

GRIM, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  17. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry I'm catching a plane.

I think it does have to do with the general question.

I wasn't talking about the WMD, which are still there or anyway were definetely there, at the worst they used them all or they were looted.

For me and a few :) other million people in the western world there was enough to go to war, maybe just too late.

No messing about next time, I hope.

Bye and wish me a pleasant flight to London! Thank you!

uca, Nov 4, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  18. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There definitely was a reason, I wont dispute that. As far as them being there 'i thought they were as well' but lack of proof does not prove they were there.

Have a safe and pleasant flight :)

GRIM, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  19. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not fighting back. It's answering simple questions.

A lot of those sit-ins are necessary to help "some" people feel thier voices are being heard. When the gov won't give you answers no matter how many times you write your congressman, what else do you do?

They don't have time??? Are you kidding me? Another conservative that follows the ignorant belief that all liberals are tree huggers with no jobs and all conservatives are hard working Americans, good through and through... Perhaps they don't have time because they are busy finding ways to make money off poor people? I'm a liberal and I have a job earning a professional salary. Perhaps we liberals are the ones with jobs and the intellect to ask questions that need to be answered instead of just taking the Bush administration for it's word?

Sorry but conservatives can't take the high road here and pretend they are above all these questions and "don't have time" for the debate. The questions have gone unanswered for so long that even the conservative base is starting to distance itself from the presidency. Even they can sense that one way or the other the truth is going to have to be told. And THAT... is the answer to the original poster's question IMO. It's a fight they won't win at this point in time. They NEED time for the war in Iraq to end so they can point and say look what we've done! What's funny is that's going to be a perfect time for Al Queda to strike us hard again and show us just how much affect a modern day war has on people who use Guerilla war and terrorist tactics.....

I'm curious... what would you do if you were in a conversation with a group of people and spouted off that nonsense about liberals being tree huggers with no jobs and found out every liberal in the group has a job earning more than you?

GeorgeB., Nov 4, 2005 IP
  20. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Can you make dirty bombs of the stuff from x-ray machines?

I guess you can

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2002/cfr/stories/dirty.bomb/

I always wondered why they didn't make dirty bombs out of old x-rays. It probably would kill that many people, but it would make really impressive headlines.

ferret77, Nov 4, 2005 IP