1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense + AdWords @ one site?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by andrej, Aug 15, 2007.

I wonder if it is OK to bring traffic to my site using Adwords and then earn on Adsense clicks? I think there is nothing bad about this, but is it convenient? Will I earn more on AdSense than I will have to invest in AdWords?

Anyone is doing this?

andrej, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  2. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    That depends on alot of different factors of course. If you have a well design site, with a very high CTR, and you manage to have adsense filling it with high paying keywords, and you manage to get low cost keywords from adwords, you can of course make some serious money of it. This is not illegal in neither adwords or adsense, but remember that MFA sites are stricly forbidden.

The biggest problem here is to find low paying keywords. Let's say your site is about hosting. First of all, bidding in adwords for "hosting" will probally cost you way more than you'll bring in from the clicks, and since you probally don't have a CTR rate on 100%, you'll probally be losing. If you start bidding on low cost, but unrelevant keywords it won't help you either, since the users won't click any further than your landing site, and your CTR will be close to zero. But if you manage to find low cost keywords within hosting, you might get lucky.

The only way to find out if this works or not, is to try. I can promise you that those of us who have goten this tricks to work, will never ever tell you what niche we targeted. Well, not until the niche is not working anymore :) Then we'll probally make a ebook about it.

Cypherus, Aug 15, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  3. bwp58

bwp58 Peon

Best Answers:
    Also need to be bit careful.

Think that if you drive traffic to your site just for the purpose of getting clicks you may lose your adsense account.

What I do is use adwords to generate traffic to a page on the site with no adsense. But the page has links back into the site itself along with content.

Wrote to the adsense team explained what I was doing & asked if it was ok. Reply was the usual we cant comment on specifics etc etc but they didnt tell me it was against TOS. I've kept a copy of the correspondence just in case there are issues down the track.

Hope this helps - recommend once you have a plan to consult with the adsense team.

Regards
    Brian

bwp58, Aug 15, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  4. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    Like I said, don't make a MFA site. Make an actually site, with good content.

Content is king!

Cypherus, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  5. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for your advice. OK, I won't try this with any MFA sites.

Another good thing to do would be to buy cheap AdWords vouchers (see BST > Vouchers section here on DP, there are lots of them). I think this could make my AdWords marketing campaign really cheap, couldn't it?

And I have a site that has hardly any content (I mean text content - articles), but has themes for download. Can this site be considered an MFA site? I think no, but I'm not sure.

andrej, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  6. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wish we could you more than one per account :mad:

Cypherus, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  7. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You mean it is not possible to use more than just one voucher for one AdWords account? What about multiple accounts then? Or is this forbidden?

andrej, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  8. moneymakerster

moneymakerster Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    This is Google Cash arbitrage method. My buddy told me that he is using this technique to generate income. No problem for him around 7-8 months...till recently got banned.
    Yes, quality site and content are very important. Never use landing page.
    You can open multiple account with your family members name.....Sorry this is a bit black hat but this protect yourself because Google will ban you in sudden and all your efforts will gone.:p

moneymakerster, Aug 17, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  9. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it's not against the tos but all of the mfa sites are doing this.

an i believe it's very difficult to do that if you are not going CHEAT from people

trichnosis, Aug 17, 2007 IP