1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Question List - For All Who Need Help!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by relatedr, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello,

Okey I have few questions my self.

1. What type of banners do you have to promote? (flash,html,jpg)

2. After your approved can you start promoting every thing they offer?

3. Do I understand this right? 'You get a banner you can promote to earn some money, you put the banner on your page.'
    is this the only way? or can you use ppc and send them straight to the offer with your id linked to it??

4. What are people talking about when they use the work 'Keyword', I thought you didn't need keywords for banner ads :/

5. Is there any special way you have to promote the banner ads? or can you just put it on your site and hope someone clicks and acts? can you tell the visitors about this great offer(the banner) so they show the banner some interest?

I personal will add a Rep to everyone that takes time and answers my questions and I hope everyone else dose it too.

Thanks in advance,
    Ebbi

relatedr, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  2. MrX

MrX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. What type of banners do you have to promote? (flash,html,jpg)

A lot of advertisers offer static images as well as flash banners.

2. After your approved can you start promoting every thing they offer?

Basically.

3. Do I understand this right? 'You get a banner you can promote to earn some money, you put the banner on your page.'
    is this the only way? or can you use ppc and send them straight to the offer with your id linked to it??

You can do the ppc straight to offer, but you're gonna have issues with the display url being the same as someone elses. Plus it won't convert as well as preselling them.

4. What are people talking about when they use the work 'Keyword', I thought you didn't need keywords for banner ads :/

They're referring to PPC.

5. Is there any special way you have to promote the banner ads? or can you just put it on your site and hope someone clicks and acts? can you tell the visitors about this great offer(the banner) so they show the banner some interest?

Yes, any way you want. Here's some advice, you're much better off talking about how xyz product helped you or what a great service it is, and including a text link to the offer. Most people are lazy and will just put a banner then complain they have no sales/leads.

MrX, Aug 15, 2007 IP
    relatedr likes this.
  3. relatedr

relatedr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot!!!

Finally I can rest :D

Rep added

relatedr, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  4. HostingDeals

HostingDeals Guest

Best Answers:
    WOW... Thanks a lot!!!

HostingDeals, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  5. BlackHatSystem

BlackHatSystem Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting info, thanks ! Also, do you know if it is allowed to build an "opportunity site", with like ten or twenty great opportunities from affiliate networks like Azoogle, and then direct traffic to the site using PPC ? I am not quite sure, but I think I saw somewhere that doing this is not allowed...

Any clues ?

Thanks

BlackHatSystem, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  6. MrX

MrX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can. A lot of merchants don't let you promote them on incentivized sites, which I think is the word you were looking for. But having a bunch of offers on the same page, and then pushing it with PPC is fine. Make sure it's targeted or you'll be in the red very fast.

MrX, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  7. HostingDeals

HostingDeals Guest

Best Answers:
    Most merchants really allow incentive marketing, just to a few Aff. After signing up for an offer, email the Aff. Manager and ask them if you can run that offer as an incentive, you'll be surprised.

HostingDeals, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  8. BlackHatSystem

BlackHatSystem Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, I was not thinking about incentivized sites. Just sites with many affiliate offers, receiving traffic from PPC networks. Thank you for your reply, I know PPC marketing well, I just needed to know if I was allowed to drive traffic the way I just asked. Also, I will target my campaigns for sure. Sending people to the right offers, not just to an "opportunity page" with a bunch of untargeted offers. :)

Thanks for the info, so that's like you get say $50 per lead from the affiliate network, then you offer on your page to give people $25 if they sign-up for free. $25 net profit (-advertising costs) right ?

BlackHatSystem, Aug 20, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.