1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scam Alert: James Driscoll, BN Technologies

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by raize, Aug 13, 2007.

So this guy emails me regarding a domain I own. Things were fishy right from the beginning, but I went along with it to see what his scam is. Basically he sends you an email saying that he wants to purchase your domain and to email him back if you are interested. Once you do, he makes you an offer and presents himself as a dumb newbie investor who "hopes" that he is making a good investment. To ensure that he isn't risking to lose any money, he wants you to get an appraisal done from a "manual" appraisal website which he tempts you to use. I'm assuming he gives an inflated appraisal and charges a high fee for it, knowing that you need the appraisal to "sell" the domain. I got to page 3 on the google search before I found conclusive proof: acorndomains.co.uk/domain-name-scams/22184-appraisal-scmmer-returns-part-3-he-member-here.html

Email 1:
    Email 2:

raize, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    1 person likes this.
  2. Stevie

Stevie Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads up!

Stevie, Aug 14, 2007 IP